About the Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Discover Outdoor Floodlight
Light up your landscape
Light up your landscape
This outdoor floodlight lets you add fun and functional lighting to larger areas around your home's exterior. It's bright enough to help you and your guests navigate driveways and pathways. But its two integrated LEDs can actually display over 16 million colors and 50,000 shades of white light, so you can also use it to add some easy-to-adjust festive lighting around your landscape.
Control it with the app
To set up the light, you'll need a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to select color and brightness, right from the palm of your hand. Use it from anywhere at home, or even when you're not at home.
Use the "Home & Away" feature in the app to make your light come on automatically when you arrive home.
If you'd like your guests to enjoy an automatically illuminated walkway, too, you can pick up an outdoor motion sensor to trigger the light when people approach.
Or use your voice
You can also control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The floodlight works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
- weatherproof outdoor light fixture designed to illuminate larger areas
- includes integrated Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LEDs
- choose from 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- designed for hardwiring into your home's AC power
- mounting requirement: 4-inch weatherproof electrical box with 100-120 volts AC power
- requires Philips Hue Wireless Bridge
- remotely control the bulb using the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- adjustable brightness up to 2300 lumens
- color temperature: 2000-6500K
- two built-in 15-watt LED bulbs (each roughly equivalent to a 79-watt incandescent bulb)
- compatible with:
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- IP44-rated for outdoor use
- integrated bulbs are not replaceable
- 8-11/16"W x 5-1/4"H x 6-3/16"D
- weight: 2.4 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 1743530V7
What's in the box:
- LED outdoor floodlight
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Rubber washers
- 2 Cap nuts
- 4mm Hex key
- User Manual
- Addendum sheet
- Get Started with Hue
- Safety Instructions
- FCC compliance sheet
Customer reviews for Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Discover Outdoor Floodlight
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Discover Outdoor Floodlight
Overview: This Philips Hue Discover LED Outdoor Floodlight is an bright, wall-mounted spotlight fixture that can light up your sidewalk, patio, deck, or any outdoor location. The Floodlight must be paired with the Hue Bridge (not included) for control on your smartphone or tablet from home or while you're away. The LED light gives off warm white to cool daylight white light, or up to 16-million colors. The Outdoor Floodlight requires hardwiring into your home's electrical system.
Outdoor Floodlight: The Hue White and Color Ambiance LED Outdoor Floodlight has two bulbs inside to produce a bright white light of 2300 lumens (equivalent to a 79 watt traditional bulb). Using the Philips Hue app, the color temperature of the white light can be varied from 2000K (warm white) to 6500K (cool daylight). In addition, you can change the light output to any of up to 16-million colors. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. Specifications of the Outdoor Light include:
- Mains Power: 100V-120V / 50-60Hz
- Maximum Operation Power: 40W
- Estimated Lifetime: 15,000 hours
- Number of Switching Cycles: 50,000
- Startup: Instant 100% light output
- Dimensions: Width 8.655", Height 5.228", Depth 6.161"
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
Outdoor Installation: The Outdoor Floodlight should be installed in a 4" octagonal electrical box by an electrician or a DIY'er with experience with electricity. Once installed, the light can be tilted up or down, and swiveled left or right, and tightened with the supplied 4mm hex key. The fixture has an IP44 ingress protection rating, against splashed water and objects bigger than 1mm.
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Zigbee Protocol: The Philips Hue Outdoor Floodlight operates on the Zigbee Wireless Protocol, which uses the IEEE 802.15.4 personal-area network standard to communicate with the Hue Bridge. It has a long wireless range, which enables you to set up a system of up to 50 Hue-compatible bulbs and devices.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)