About the Philips Hue White E12 Bulb 2-pack
Smarten up your candelabra-style fixtures
Smarten up your candelabra-style fixtures
Add dimmable warm, white light to your candelabra-style light fixtures with this two-pack of Hue bulbs. They connect to your mobile device using Bluetooth — no bridge required. You can then use the Hue mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control these bulbs hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock.
- E12 base with B39 form factor fits most candelabra-style light fixtures
- Bluetooth lets you control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- delivers dimmable warm white light (2700K)
- adjustable brightness up to 450 lumens
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- rated at 5.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 40-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Zigbee and Bluetooth
- 1-1/2" diameter x 3-13/16"H
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 548289
What's in the box:
- 2 White decorative candle bulbs (E12 screw base)
Customer reviews for Philips Hue White E12 Bulb 2-pack
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White E12 Bulb 2-pack
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White decorative candle light bulb is a stylish smart LED bulb that can be wirelessly controlled. It produces soft, warm white light (color temperature 2700 Kelvin). You can control the bulb (turn on/off, dim/brighten) via Bluetooth in a single room, or pair it to a Hue Bridge as part of a whole home smart lighting system. The bulbs in this 2-pack are covered by a 2-year warranty.
Light Bulb Specifications: The Hue LED White light bulb fits into an E12 (12mm) base. It does not fit into a standard light bulb socket. The bulb is roughly 1.5" at widest point and 3.8" tall. The bulb is rated at 5.5 watts and 450 lumens, and has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours and 50,000 switching cycles. At standby, the bulb is rated at 0.5 watts. The internal software is automatically upgradable via Bluetooth or when connected to the Philips Hue bridge.
Wireless Interface: The bulb can be controlled via Bluetooth and the Philips Hue app. Up to 10 smart lights can be controlled in a single room. When connected to a Hue Bridge, or when added to a Starter Kit (all sold separately), you can control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home using Zigbee wireless protocol. With the built-in wireless interface, you can dim and brighten the bulb to set a mood for any event. The app offers four preset light recipes for different tasks: Energize and Concentrate, and Read and Relax. You can also set timers for lights to turn on or off at specific times, or combine with motion detectors to come on automatically when you enter a room, or turn off when you leave. The Philips Hue app for Bluetooth or Bridge control is available for Android devices running version 10 and up, and Apple iPhone/iPad running iOS 14.0 or later.
Voice Control: Philips Hue products work with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant when paired with a compatible Google Nest or Amazon Echo device. Connection to the Hue Bridge also gives you voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana. You can use voice commands to control individual lights, lights in one or more rooms, or control the lights throughout your entire home.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall. (Requires Color Ambiance bulbs)
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps required.)
Friends of Hue: Philips Hue home lighting products work with many third-party devices to make it simpler to operate. In addition to voice control, you can control the lights with some Logitech Harmony remote controls, Samsung SmartThings, and Nest Thermostats and other products. In addition, Philips Hue lighting products can be triggered by certain events through the IFTTT (If This Then That) app.