About the DJI Mini 3 Pro with RC-N1 Controller
DJI does it again
The Mini 3 Pro flies smart and fast with a powerful 4K camera that makes snagging sweet aerial footage easy.
DJI does it again
Th DJI Mini 3 Pro is a robust update on their popular "mini" line of drones. This new entry features a more aerodynamic build and larger propellers than its predessors, but it's still small and light enough for recreational flyers to easily transport and operate.
The Mini 3 Pro is fast and light. It can fly at over 35.7 miles per hour, and stay up in the air for up to 34 minutes at a time with the included flight battery. Plus, it comes with a variety of intelligent flight and shooting modes, making it perfect for newbies and experienced hobbyists alike.
Aerial 4K boosted by HDR
This little quadcopter comes equipped with powerful 48-megapixel camera that captures videos in smooth 4K resolution. You can also record with HDR (High Dynamic Range) for even more detail and vibrant colors. And the camera's 1/1.3-inch CMOS sensor and f/1.7 aperture make sure you're getting crisp footage even in low-light conditions.
Fly smart, fly safe
The Mini 3 Pro can resist winds up to 29.3 miles per hour and features three sets of dual-vision sensors that point forward, downward, and backward. Combined with built-in APAS 4.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistant Systems), these sensors help the drone effectively detect and avoid obstacles. This lets even beginners zip through the air with confidence in complex spaces.
Intuitive flight app for your smartphone
The included RC-N1 controller lets you mount your smartphone so you can control the drone with the free, downloadable DJI Fly app. The app provides more than just controls, letting you edit footage with built-in filters, background music, and more. Professionally designed video templates help you splice together cool content in minutes. New to the hobby? No worries. The app comes with a comprehensive list of tutorials. It's easy to start learning to fly.
This ultra-compact drone is light and foldable — letting you take it almost anywhere.
Shooting modes galore
The Mini 3 Pro has several shooting mode options to help you get creative. You can produce time-lapse videos, keep moving objects in focus with several FocusTrack modes like ActiveTrack 4.0, or capture a sweeping landscape with several panorama modes. There's something for everyone.
MasterShots is maybe the coolest mode. It lets you pick a subject, and the drone will automatically keep it center-frame while performing a sequence of aerial maneuvers. It's an easy way to create a short, cinematic video.
If you're looking to take a quick selfie for social media, the drone can auto-rotate 90° degrees with just a tap — toggling from landscapes to potraits in a split-second.
Stay connected with O3 transmission
Getting a fuzzy feed or losing the video connection entirely mid-flight is lame and potentially disastrous at high speeds. Luckily, the Mini 3 Pro uses OcuSync 3.0, DJI's impressive transmission system. This wireless technology automatically switches between two different bands (2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz) to resist pesky interference and provide reliable high-definition video transmission.
OcuSync's low-latency transmission gives you high-definition video feeds at a smooth 30 frames per second, and it keeps your control of the drone sharp and responsive. With a range up to 7.4 miles, you also have some serious flexibility. You can catch a shot panning over a mountainside or along a ravine while you're planted safely on terra firma.
- Featured in our article: Best drones for 2023
- compact quadcopter with intelligent flight battery and controller
- foldable, lightweight design makes it easy to carry to your launch destination
- 3-axis motorized gimbal helps ensure a smooth, steady image
- controllable range: -135° to 80° (tilt), -135° to 45° (roll), -30° to 30° (pan)
- GPS/Galileo/BeiDou positioning allows super-accurate navigation
- APAS 4.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistant Systems) help the drone safely navigate complex environments at high speeds
- tri-directional obstacle detection with dual-vision sensors helps you fly safely (forward, backward, downward)
- records to a microSD memory card (Speed Class 3or UHS-1 rating required, not included)
- operating temperature: 14° to 104°F
- resists winds up to 29.3 mph
- maximum speed: 35.7 mph
- maximum flight time: 34 minutes (included battery); 47 minutes (with Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, sold separately)
- shoots 48-megapixel RAW stills and records 4K video at 60 fps
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology delivers improved highlight and shadow detail (records at 30 fps)
- records slow-motion footage in 1080p at 120 fps
- D-Cinelike Color for rich color and flexible editing
- digital zoom: 4X at Full HD; 2X at 4K
- FOV (field of view): 82.1°
- 24mm equivalent focal length
- 1/1.3-inch CMOS sensor
- aperture: f/1.7
- large 2.4µm pixels
- ISO range (dual-native): 100-6400 (auto), 100-6400 (manual)
- electronic shutter: 2-1/8000 seconds
- True Vertical Shooting auto-rotates the camera gimbal 90° with just a tap for detailed, full-quality portraits perfect for social media
- QuickShot Modes: Dronie, Helix, Rocket, Circle, Boomerang, Asteroid
- MasterShots smart flight mode helps you quickly create a short cinematic video focused on a single subject
- Hyperlapse mode creates time-lapse videos and processes them automatically
- FocusTrack intelligent tracking modes include Active Track 4.0, Spotlight 2.0, and Point of Interest 3.0
- panorama modes: Wide-angle, 180°, Vertical, Sphere
- QuickTransfer for high-speed Wi-Fi downloads up to 30 Mbps
DJI RC-N1 controller:
- docks and charges connected smartphones
- holds devices up to 7-1/16"W x 3-3/8"H x 3/8"D
- ergonomic design stays comfortable during long flights
- free, downloadable DJI Fly app lets you shoot, edit, and share footage with built-in templates, filters, and music (requires iOS version 11.0 or later, Android version 6.0 or later)
- OcuSync 3.0 (O3) digital video transmission system:
- sends 1080p live video at 30 fps to the controller from up to 7.4 miles away
- supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands with automatic switching to reduce interference
- Lightning, USB Type-B Micro, and USB-C ports
- operating temperature: 14° to 104°F
- battery life: 6 hours (4 hours if charging mobile device)
General info and included accessories:
- rechargeable intelligent flight battery
- USB-C to USB-C charging cable
- gimbal protector
- 14-1/4"W x 2-3/4"H x 9-7/8"D (unfolded with propellers); 3-9/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 5-3/4"D (folded)
- weight: 8.78 oz. (with battery, propellers, and optional microSD card)
- warranty: 1 year (6 months battery)
- Note: The FAA offers the most up-to-date information on safety tips, rules, and regulations for responsible drone use. Many drones need to be registered, and state and/or local laws may restrict their use in some areas.
- MFR # CP.MA.00000488.01
What's in the box:
- Mini aerial drone
- DJI RC-N1 Remote control
- 2 Remote control joysticks (clipped to bottom of remote control)
- Intelligent flight battery (installed)
- Gimbal protector (installed)
- 2 Spare propellers
- 6 Propeller screws
- 20" USB-C cable
- 6" USB-C cable
- 6" USB-C to micro-B cable
- 6" USB-C to Lighting cable (installed in top of controller)
- Quickstart guide
- Safety guidelines
- Warranty information
- "Share the Skies" pamphlet
Customer reviews for DJI Mini 3 Pro with RC-N1 Controller
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Mini 3 Pro with RC-N1 Controller
Features & specs
|Camera Features & Specs|
|Camera Mount Type||Gimbal mount|
|Other Type of Camera||No|
|Image sensor||1/1.3 CMOS|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160 (4K)|
|Still Image Size||8000 x 6000 (48MP)|
|Aircraft Features & Specs|
|RTH (Return to Home)||Yes|
|Max. Flight Speed||35.7 mph|
|Max. Flight Time||34 min|
|Max. Height||2.48 miles|
|Max. Distance||7.4 miles|
|External Storage||microSD (optional)|
|Control & Display|
|Display on Smartphone||Yes|
|Other Accessories||USB-C, USB-C to Lighting, USB-|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
APAS 4.0 Obstacle Avoidance: The DJI Mini 3 Pro features the upgraded Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS 4.0) which allows the DJI Mini 3 Pro to autonomously avoid obstacles in more complex scenarios and at high speeds. The DJI Mini 3 Pro has the ability to perceive its environment in three directions: forward, downward, and backward. These enhanced obstacle sensing capabilities mean the DJI Mini 3 Pro is better able to avoid obstacles automatically, even when flying at high speeds. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft will continue to respond to user commands and will plan its path according to both control stick inputs and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain smoother video footage, and can provide a more enjoyable flying experience. The DJI Mini 3 Pro is equipped with both an infrared sensing system, plus forward, backward, and downward visions systems.
- The forward, backward, and downward visions systems consists of two cameras each and the infrared sensing system consists of two 3D infrared modules.
- The downward vision system and infrared sensing system helps the aircraft maintain its current position, hover in place more precisely, and to fly indoors or in other environments where GNSS is unavailable.
Note: The APAS 4.0 feature is only available in Normal and Cine Flight Modes.
GEO (Geospatial Environment Online) System: DJI's Geospatial Environment Online (GEO) System is a global information system that provides real-time information on flight safety and restriction updates, preventing UAVs from flying in restricted airspace.
Note: Mini 3 Pro users are responsible for their own flight safety and must consult with local authorities on the legal and regulatory requirements before requesting flight in a restricted area.
OcuSync 3.0 Technology (O3): The Mini 3 Pro utilizes DJI's most up-to-date and upgraded OcuSync 3.0 transmission technology (O3) for a strong and reliable wireless transmission signal with ultra-smooth, clear, and reliable image footage. This provides a 1080p/30fps feed at distances of up to 7.45 miles* (12km) away allows you to not only see more, but to fly further in a safe and reliable way. OcuSync 3.0 (O3) and two dual-band (2.4/5.8GHz) integrated antennas on the DJI Mini 3 Pro support omnidirectional signal reception, offering sensitive and stable signal when the drone is flying above or ahead. A stronger transmission signal is absolutely critical when flying a drone. An increased signal means pilots can fly farther and see more. It also means increased safety as loss of signal is less likely. And with a low-latency feed, pilots are more able to get the precise shots and movements they want for a better flight and filming experience.
- 1080p HD Video: OcuSync 3.0 (O3) has a video transmission distance of up to 7.45 miles* (12 km) and can deliver a 1080p/30fps resolution livestream directly from the drone's camera to the included hand-held controller screen.
- Dual Band: OcuSync 3.0 (O3) utilizes 2.4/5.8GHz dual-frequency communication and automatically switches to the best channel with the lowest interference in real time and low latency (120-130 ms). This significantly improves the aircraft's anti-interference ability in challenging environments, increasing flight safety.
*Unobstructed, free of interference, and when FCC-compliant. Maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience.
Flight Modes: The DJI Mini 3 Pro has three Flight Modes (Normal/Sport/Cine), plus a fourth Flight Mode (Attitude) that the aircraft switches to in certain scenarios. Flight Modes can be switched via the 3-way Flight Mode switch on the included remote controller.
- Normal Mode: In this mode, the aircraft utilizes GNSS, plus the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems, a well as the Infrared Sensing System to locate itself and stabilize. When the GNSS signal is strong, the aircraft uses GNSS to locate itself and stabilize. When the GNSS is weak and the lighting conditions are sufficient, the aircraft uses vision systems to locate itself and stabilize. Maximum speed is 22.3 mph in Normal mode.
- Sport Mode: In Sport mode, the aircraft uses GNSS for positioning and the aircraft responses are optimized for agility and speed making it more responsive to control stick movements. It can reach a maximum speed of 35.7 mph in Sport Mode. The obstacle avoidance system is disabled in Sport mode, which means the aircraft cannot sense obstacles and avoid them automatically.
- Cine Mode: Cine mode is based on Normal mode and the flight speed is limited, making the aircraft more stable during photo and video shooting.
- Attitude Mode: The aircraft automatically changes to this mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and either the GNSS signal is weak or the compass is experiencing interference. When the Vision Systems are unavailable the aircraft is not able to position itself or auto-brake, so potential flight hazards exist when flying in this mode. Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal shifting, which may present hazards - especially when flying in confined spaces.
Automatic Takeoff & Landing: The DJI Mini 3 Pro will automatically take off and hover at approximately 3.9' above the ground. The aircraft will also automatically land on its own using its integrated vision sensing system.
Return To Home (RTH): The Return to Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the last recorded Home Point when the GPS signal is strong. It does this by recording its real-time flight path, and when you choose to return home or if the control signal gets lost or the battery is low, the aircraft will fly towards the Home Point, bypassing any signal obstruction and reconnect to the controller. When the Mini 3 Pro detects an obstacle, it will choose a proper path to bypass it according to its altitude. The aircraft will match the images of the ground with those captured at takeoff for increased landing accuracy. When landing automatically, the Mini 3 Pro will scan the terrain of the landing area in real-time, then warn the user and safely hover if it detects an obstacle.
Note: If the aircraft's video link signal is lost during flight while the remote controller is still able to operate the movements of the aircraft, there will be a prompt to initiate RTH that can be canceled.
Flight Recorder: Flight data including flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters are automatically saved to the internal data recorder of the DJI Mini 3 Pro. The data can be accessed using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software program that is compatible with Windows PC and Mac. The DJI Assistant 2 software can also be used for updating the firmware on the aircraft and the controller.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
3-Axis Gimbal: The DJI Mini 3 Pro features a full stabilized 3-axis gimbal. The 3-axis gimbal provides stabilization of the Mini 3 Pro's camera, allowing you to capture clear and stable images and video. The mechanical Pan range is -30 degrees to +30 degrees, the mechanical Tilt range is -135 degrees to +80 degrees, and the mechanical Roll range is -135 degrees to +45 degrees. You can use the gimbal dial on the remote controller or the DJI Fly app on your compatible smartphone device to control the Tilt of the camera from -90 degrees to +60 degrees and the Roll from -90 degrees to 0 degrees. There are two gimbal operations modes available - Follow Mode and FPV Mode.
- Follow Mode: The angle between the gimbals orientation and aircraft front remains constant at all times.
- FPV Mode: The gimbal synchronizes with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person flying experience.
1/1.3" CMOS Image Sensor: With its 1/1.3" CMOS image sensor, the DJI Mini 3 Pro is capable of 4K(3840x2160)/60fps video and 48MP photos. This allows you to capture more visual information in every shot, ensuring rich, dynamic, professional-level results. The 1/1.3" CMOS image sensors delivers countless benefits, especially on a drone as compact and lightweight as the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Essentially, a larger sensor means bigger pixels, and each pixel can collect more visual information. That means you can enjoy higher dynamic range, better resolutions, more accurate color, and excellent details in both the highlights and low lights of any scene. It also ensures more flexibility when editing footage.
- Low Light Performance: When it comes to low-light performance, a bigger sensor is critical as it's able to take in and process more information. The 1/1.3" sensor on the DJI Mini 3 Pro allows for the individual pixels to be larger. The purpose of a pixel is to absorb light and produce an electrical signal, which is then converted into a digital image signal. The more light the sensor can absorb, the stronger the image signal will be. So, a sensor with larger pixels will collect more light data and have better performance in low-light situations. A bigger sensor will allow you to shoot at a lower ISO, which produces cleaner overall images.
- Dynamic Range: The larger sensor and bigger pixels on the DJI Mini 3 Pro mean that each pixel can collect more information compared to smaller pixels. This allows for more information in both the highlights and shadows of an image, letting users capture richer details and more nuance in any environment.
- Editing Footage: The larger 1/1.3" CMOS image sensor also gives you more freedom when it comes to your editing. Whether it's brightening up a dark image, recovering details in the shadows/highlights, pushing colors further, or even cropping.
Note: The aperture of the camera is f1.7 and can shoot at 3.3' (1m) to infinity.
4K Video: The DJI Mini 3 Pro lets you capture stunning footage in up to 4K/60fps, ensuring video results are as epic and dynamic as the shooting location, and retain extreme quality and details - even when shown on larger displays. Video is recorded in MOV or MP4 (H.264/H.265). The HEVC (H.265) video codec records more image information, uses less storage, and preserves the dynamic range and detail of your footage, ensuring next-level content.
- Video Resolution: 4K (3840x2160) @24/25/30/48/50/60fps, 2.7K (2720x1530) @ 24/25/30/48/50/60fps, or 1080p (1920x1080) @ 24/25/30/48/50/60/120fps
- Slow Motion Mode: 1080p (1920x1080) @ 120fps
- HDR Mode: HDR supported when shooting at 24/25/30fps.
- Zoom Range:
- 4K: 2x
- 2.7K: 3x
- 1080p: 4x
48MP Photos: With its 1/1.3" CMOS image sensor, the Mini 3 Pro can capture impressive 48MP (8064x6048) photos. Still images are recorded in JPEG or DNG (RAW). You can select Auto (100-3200) or Manual 100-12800) ISO mode.
- Single & Burst Capture a single 20MP still-image every-time the shutter button is pressed or use Burst mode to capture 3, 5, or 7 images at a time with one shutter-button press.
- 48MP: Lets you take photos at the highest resolution.
- AEB & Timed: Auto exposure bracketing can be set to 3 or 5 frames in 0.7EV steps. Interval shooting of 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, or 60 seconds.
FocusTrack: Selecting and tracking a subject is easier than ever with the DJI Mini 3 Pro thanks to FocusTrack. This suite of tracking technologies features several advanced options for automatic shooting with your subject in center frame.
- ActiveTrack 4.0: ActiveTrack 4.0 lets you follow your subject smoothly while autonomously avoiding obstacles. Even if the subject is momentarily lost, you can quickly resume tracking during flight.
- Spotlight 2.0: With Spotlight 2.0, the camera stays centered on a subject as you fly in a spiral or take close-up shots. The zoom function also enables clear shots at a distance for increased safety.
- POI 3.0: POI 3.0 allows you to easily take a perfect circle shot while keeping your subject centered.
Note: FocusTrack is not available while recording in 4K/48/50/60fps, 2.7K/48/50/60fps, or 1080p/48/50/60/120fps.
MasterShots: MasterShots provide automatic aerial imaging and editing. MasterShots combines 10 to 15 automatic flight routes at a time, which are flown in sequence while the drone focuses on a subject of your choice and records. According to the type and distance of the target, the DJI Mini 3 Pro automatically selects from Proximity, Landscape, and Portrait templates and executes a cinematic sequence of shots. It even creates an automatic video clip afterward, edited with music, filters, and smooth transitions.
QuickShots: Capture cinematic video clips automatically with QuickShots. With just a few taps, the Mini 3 Pro plans and flies a complicated aerial route for a professional-quality shot. You can even add music, effects, and filters with super-intuitive Story templates so you can share your masterpiece directly to social media.
- Dronie: The aircraft flies backward and ascends with the camera locked on the subject.
- Rocket The aircraft ascends with the camera pointing downward.
- Circle: The aircraft circles around the subject.
- Helix: The aircraft ascends and spirals around the subject.
- Boomerang: The aircraft flies around the subject in an oval path, ascending as it flies away from its starting point and descending as it flies back. The aircraft's starting point forms one end of the oval's long axis, while the other end of its long axis is at the opposite side of the subject from the starting point.
- Asteroid: The aircraft flies backward and upward, takes several photos, and then flies back to the starting point. The video generated starts with a panorama of the highest position and then shows the descent.
Hyperlapse: The Mini 3 Pro supports Hyperlapse videos, allowing you to warp time and space for especially stunning footage. Best of all, you can achieve this shot without complex post-processing. Choose from Free, Circle, Course Lock, and Waypoint modes, select the shooting location, and the DJI Fly app will do the rest.
- Course Lock: Course Lock can be used in two ways. One, the orientation of the aircraft is fixed but a subject cannot be selected. Second, the orientation of the aircraft is fixed and the aircraft flies around a selected object.
- Free: The aircraft automatically takes photos and generates a timelapse video. Free mode can be used while the aircraft is on the ground. After takeoff, you'll control the aircraft's movements and gimbal angle using the remote controller.
- Waypoint: The aircraft automatically takes a photo on a flight path of two to five waypoints and generates a timelapse video. The aircraft can fly in order from waypoint 1 to 5 or 5 to 1.
- Circle: The aircraft automatically takes photos while flying around the selected subject to generate a timelapse video.
Note: For all hyperlapse videos, you can set the interval time, video duration, and max speed.
microSD Card Slot: In addition to its internal flash memory, the Mini 3 Pro features a microSD card slot for storage of MP4/MOV videos and JPEG/RAW photos on a microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (up to 256GB, memory card sold separately). A UHS-I Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card is required due to the fast read and write speed necessary for high-resolution video data.
Remote Controller: The DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with a dedicated DJI RC-NC1 wireless remote controller that works in tandem with the DJI Fly App and your compatible smartphone to control flight pattern and capture aerial images. The dedicated remote controller maintains a 2.4/5.8GHz wireless 1080p/30fps HD video feed at a distance of up to 7.4 miles (4 km) with the DJI Fly app and your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone. The newly designed remote controller features an ergonomic design for a more comfortable grip. The built-in 5200mAh battery can provide up to 6 hours of operation, when not charging an attached smartphone, and up to 4 hours when charging an attached smartphone. Charging the controller's internal battery can be done via the USB-C port on the bottom of the controller using the provided USB-C cable and an AC/USB charger (sold separately). The DJI RC-NC1 remote control includes dedicated buttons for commonly used functions and detachable control sticks.
Note: The DJI Mini 3 Pro requires the included remote controller, the DJI Fly app, and a compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device for flight operation
DJI Fly App: The DJI Mini 3 Pro requires the DJI Fly app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), which has been designed to provide you with intuitive controls that make flight easier than ever. The DJI Fly app offers a simple and intuitive user experience, enabling you to create cinematic shots that you can share. It even has Flight Tutorial, a feature to help you get started with the Mini 3 Pro quickly and safely.
- Live Video Feed: The DJI Fly app provides a live 1080p/30fps video feed (up to 7.4 miles) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- Flight Status: Parameters like signal strength, flying mode, altitude, distance, and battery level are easily visible during flight so you always have access to the latest information.
- Camera Settings: With a sleek and efficient interface, DJI Fly provides an expanded view for composition and shooting. You can easily adjust camera parameters, quickly switch between shooting modes, and adjust the gimbal angle on the screen
- Editing Suite: Shooting, editing, and sharing can all be done the the DJI Fly app. You can also easily manage storage with the ability to export or delete footage directly in the app.
- The DJI Fly App is not compatible with all Apple iOS and Android devices; click here for a compatibility list.
- The DJI Mini 3 Pro is not compatible with previous and other DJI apps. Only use the DJI Fly app.
Smartphone Cradle: The included remote controller's integrated smartphone cradle will hold Apple iOS and Android OS smartphones that are 0.25" (6.35mm) to (0.38") 9.65mm thick and and up to 3.5" (88.9mm) wide. Devices beyond this measurement range are not supported. Make sure to remove the protective case or cover from your smartphone device before attaching it to the Mini 3 Pro's remote controller. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone device will also need to be connected to the remote controller via one of the included Lightning, USB-C, or micro-B USB adapter cables. This can also be used to provide power to your device from the remote controller's internal rechargeable battery.
DJI Academy: The DJI Fly app includes access to the DJI Academy where you can find easy-to-follow flight tutorials and instructional videos to help you get started.
SkyPixel: Take part in the world's largest aerial imaging community at SkyPixel. Learn tips and tricks from power users, find people to fly with and give your productions a global audience. SkyPixel can be accessed through the DJI Fly app.
Intelligent Flight Battery: The DJI Mini 3 Pro is powered by a high-density, rechargeable Lithium-ion Intelligent Flight Battery that has a capacity of 2453mAh/7.38V. This battery can provide a maximum flight time of up to 34 minutes (at 11 mph with 0 wind) and a hover time of 30 minutes (with 0 wind). The operating temperature for the battery is 14°F to 104°F. The battery must be fully charged before using it for the first time. The DJI Intelligent Flight Battery in the Mini 3 Pro adopts the latest technologies to ensure that the flight control system is able to obtain accurate battery level. This allows it to calculate remaining flight times more accurately. It also gives pilots a full understanding of the overall battery status, including real-time battery cell status, circle number, temperature and more - and all in the DJI Fly app on your smartphone. Battery features include:
- Balanced Charging: During charging, voltage to the battery cells is automatically balanced.
- Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery will automatically discharge to approximately 96% when idle for one day, and approximately 60% when idle for nine days.
- Overcharge Protection: The battery stops charging automatically once fully charged.
- Temperature Detection: The battery only charges within a temperature range of 41° F to 104° F, and will automatically stop charging if the temperature of the battery cells exceeds 131° F.
- Overcurrent Protection: The battery automatically stops charging if excess current is detected.
- Over-Discharge Protection: Discharging automatically stops to prevent excess discharge when the battery is not in use. Over-Discharge protection is not enabled when the battery is in use.
- Short Circuit Protection: The power supply is automatically cut if a short circuit is detected.
- Battery Cell Damage: The DJI Fly app (with either controller type) will display a warning when a damaged battery cell is detected.
- Hibernation Mode: If the battery drops below 3.0V or 10% capacity, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge. Charging the battery will 'wake' it back up.
- Communication: Battery information, including the Voltage, Capacity, and Current are transmitted to the controller.
Battery Charging: The Mini 3 Pro's Intelligent Flight Battery can be charged while installed in the aircraft using the included USB-C cable plugged into an AC/USB charger (sold separately). The DJI RC controller also includes a USB-C port for charging its internal battery. The optional Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub (sold separately) lets you charge up to 3 batteries in sequence. Charging time with an AC/USB charger is approximately 1 hour and 4 minutes. Charging time for one battery using an optional Two-Way Charging Hub is approximately 56 minutes.
Intelligent Flight Battery Plus (optional): DJI's optional Intelligent Flight Battery Plus (sold separately) can be used with the Mini 3 Pro, providing up to 47 minutes of flight time - 13 minutes longer than the included Intelligent Flight Battery.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro with RC-N1 Controller replaces these items
- quadcopter with 4K camera, controller, three batteries, and charging hub
- maximum speed: 42 mph
- flight time: up to 34 minutes