About the DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo
Capture action-packed 4K videos
The DJI Osmo Action 3's rugged design lets you focus on the action and not the weather.
Capture action-packed 4K videos
The DJI Osmo Action 3 makes it easy to capture detailed 4K footage at a super-smooth 120 Hz refresh rate — while you focus on that next sweet stunt. An ultra-wide 155° field of view gives you sweeping shots of the scenery around you or the terrain zooming by. And advanced image stabilization keeps the camera steady and locked on the horizon the whole time. Whether you're diving into the crystal-blue ocean or grinding on a rail with your skateboard, the Osmo Action 3 makes sure your footage is crisp and shake-free.
Built tough and ready for action
The Osmo Action 3 has a rugged, lightweight design that's resistant to impact and extreme weather. The dual touchscreens and lens are made of super-durable Gorilla Glass and receive a hydrophobic coating that keeps your controls responsive even underwater. A dust-proof and waterproof frame lets you capture underwater footage while submerged down to 52 feet. Freezing outside? Bundle up and get your skis, because the Osmo Action 3 can also operate in temperatures all the way down to 4°F.
Share your escapades online
DJI's handy, all-in-one Mimo app lets you shoot, edit, and share your footage using your phone. This free download has a bevy of intuitive features and tools like music and filters that make it easy to create cool videos. Generate timelapses or slow the action. You can also quickly download files straight to the app, saving you the time of exporting and organizing your footage.
This action camera is also compatible with LightCut, a third-party video editing app optimized for the Action Osmo 3 and recommended by DJI. This software uses AI-powered cloud computing to automatically sort through clips and generate a fast-paced video perfect for social media — all with a single tap.
- compact 4K action camera with adapter mount and adhesive base
- built-in dual full-color LCD touchscreens with intuitive controls
- 1.4-inch front screen and 2.25-inch rear screen
- quick-release design lets you mount the camera horizontally or vertically
- detach, turn, and reattach camera for ultra-fast position adjustments
- screen automatically detects and adjusts to new orientation
- rugged and impact-resistant
- lens and touchscreen made of durable Gorilla Glass
- resists drops up to 4.9 feet and waterproof up to 52 feet
- hydrophobic screen coating repels water for responsive touch controls in wet environments
- three built-in microphones for clear audio recording
- suppresses wind noise for recording in windy conditions or at high-speeds
- built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- captures 12-megapixel stills and 4K video at up to 120 fps
- 1/1.7-inch image sensor
- ultra-wide 155° FOV (field of view)
- RockSteady 3.0 and HorizonSteady image stabilization keep your footage smooth
- HorizonBalancing corrects horizontal tilt within 45° to keep your view level even during bumps or while rotating
- up to 4X digital zoom
- aperture: f/2.8
- ISO: 100-12800
- records to optional microSD memory card (up to 256 GB)
- use the DJI Mimo app to shoot, edit, and share photos and video
- download footage straight to the app, removing the need to export files
- Wi-Fi livestreaming lets you share your adventures in real-time with family and friends
- supports timelapse, hyperlapse (timelapse + motion), and slow motion modes
- get creative with filters, music, and templates
- InvisiStick uses AI-powered cloud computing to digitally remove your selfie stick from recordings
- press Quick Switch button for a voice prompt indicating the current mode
- up to five custom parameters
- control the camera with voice commands for hands-free recording
- compatible with LightCut video editor app optimized for the Osmo Action 3
- one-tap editing uses AI algorithms to automatically generate short, fast-paced 4K videos
Included accessories and general info:
- flat adhesive base
- quick-release adapter mount
- locking screw
- horizontal-vertical protective frame
- rubber lens protector
- rechargeable battery
- battery life: up to 160 minutes (each)
- fast charging: get an 80% charge in just 18 minutes
- USB-C input (cable included)
- operating temperature: -4° to 113°F
- charging temperature: 41° to 104°F
- 2-7/8"W x 1-7/8"H x 1-3/8"D
- weight: 5.11 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # CP.OS.00000220.01
What's in the box:
- Action camera
- Protective frame
- Lens protector with rubber ring (attached)
- Spare rubber ring
- Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery (3.85V/1770mAh)
- Adhesive base with attached quick-release adapter mount and locking screw
- 20" USB-C cable
- Quickstart guide
- Safety guidelines
- Warranty information
Customer reviews for DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size (inches)||Dual|
|Total Pixel Count||Not given|
|Effective Pixel Count for Video||12.58 MP|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9, 4:3|
|Built-in Video Light||No|
|Max Recording Time w/ Included Battery||160 mins|
|Digital Still Camera Features|
|Effective Pixel Count for Stills||12 MP|
|Built-in Photo Flash||No|
|Still Image Aspect Ratios||16:9, 4:3|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||5.11|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Image Sensor Warranty||1 Year|
Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo: The DJI Osmo Action 3 is a handheld adventure camera that combines mobility and stability with 4K/120fps video recording and 12MP photography with a super-wide 155° FOV. This pocket-sized camera is extremely portable and offers single-handed control. It features RockSteady 3.0 and HorizonSteady smart stabilization that let you to record smooth videos and capture sharp photos with excellent image equality. The DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo includes a quick-release mounting adapter, adhesive mounting base, and a protective frame for the camera.
- When using the DJI Osmo Action 3 camera for the first time, activation is required through the DJI Mimo app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+).
- The DJI Osmo Action 3 camera has no built-in storage and will require a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC card (up to 256GB, sold separately) for recording.
Dual Touchscreens: The DJI Osmo 3 features dual built-in color touchscreens. A 2.25" rear screen (326ppi / 360x640) lets you easily operate and control the camera in a forward orientation, while the 1.4" front touchscreen (326ppi / 320x320) is ideal for vlogging or taking selfies. The camera can also be switched between horizontal and vertical orientations, with the user interface adapting accordingly. Touchscreen controls and physical buttons provide a quick, single-handed user experience, letting you choose modes and adjust settings in a few swipes and taps. The onboard dual touchscreens can provide a live video feed from the camera, as well as display the shooting mode, battery level, and microSD card information. The camera view can also be displayed on your device using the DJI Mimo app.
Note: The two touchscreens cannot be operated at the same time; when one touchsceen is used, the other touchscreen is locked.
Durable Construction: The DJI Osmo Action 3 is designed to be both hydrophobic and drop-resistant. The front screen, rear screen, and lens cover are all made with high-strength Gorilla Glass, which is wear-resistant, scratch-resistant, and up to 4.9' (1.5 m) drop-resistant. These also feature a hydrophobic coating, helping repel water without affecting image quality. A heavy-duty protective frame for the camera and a lens protector are also included for added durability.
Waterproof: The Osmo Action 3 camera is fully optimized for use in water depths up to 52' (16 m), without the need for additional accessories.
Ultra-High Resolution Camera: The DJI Osmo Action 3 features a built-in ultra-high resolution camera for recording 4K/120Hz video and capturing 12MP photos. The camera features a 1/1.7" CMOS image sensor and an f/2.8 aperture lens, providing a super-wide 155° FOV for exceptional video recording and still photography. In addition to standard HD video recording, the Osmo Action 3 provides options for Slow Motion, Hyperlapse, and Timelapse recording as well.
- 4K/HDR Video: The Osmo Action 3 camera can record 4K ultra-HD video with a maximum video bitrate of 130Mbps. Video is recorded in MP4 (MPEG-4 HEVC/H.264) format.
- 4K (16:9): 3840 x 2160 @120/100/60/50/48/30/25/24 fps
- 4K (4:3): 4096 x 3072 @60/50/48/30/25/24 fps
- 2.7K (16:9): 2688 x 1512 @120/100/60/50/48/30/25/24 fps
- 2.7K (4:3): 2688 x 2016 @60/50/48/30/25/24 fps
- 1080p (16:9): 1920 x 1080 @240/200/120/100/60/50/48/30/25/24 fps
- Slow Motion: In Slow Motion, the camera records video with a high frame-rate and slows the footage down to 4x or 8x the normal speed during playback, letting you catch details in fast-action shots. Audio is not recorded in Slow Motion mode. Slow Motion options include:
- 4K: 4x (120 fps)
- 2.7K: 4x (120 fps)
- 1080p: 8x (240 fps), 4x (120 fps)
- Hyperlapse: Hyperlapse lets you record smooth timelaps video while the camera is in motion. Hyperlapse options include:
- 4K/2.7K/1080p: Auto/x2/x5/x10/x15/x30
- Timelapse: Lets you record timelapse videos when the camera is mounted and still. Three preset settings - Crowds, Clouds, and Sunset are provided for typical applications.
- Resolutions: 4K/2.7K/1080P @30 fps
- Intervals: 0.5/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/10/13/15/20/25/30/40 seconds
- Duration: 5/10/20/30 mins, 1/2/3/5 hours, infinity
- 12MP Photo: Still images are captured at 4000 x 3000 (12MP). Still images are recorded in JPEG/RAW and formatted in exFAT. You can choose between 2 shooting modes - Single Shot and Countdown.
Stabilization: The DJI Osmo Action 3 features a new generation of intelligent EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) with RockSteady 3.0 and HorizonSteady.
- RockSteady 3.0: RockSteady 3.0 helps eliminate camera shake in all directions, providing a stable and immersive first-person perspective. RockSteady 3.0 can be used while recording up to 4K @120 fps.
- HorizonSteady: HorizonSteady smart stabilization helps eliminate camera shake in all directions and horizontally corrects tilt at any angle. This means footage can remain horizontally level, even through heavy bumps and 360° rotations. An additional HorizonBalancing setting can be activated, correcting the tilt horizontally within ±45°, letting you record stable 4K/60 fps video.
Audio Recording: The DJI Osmo Action 3 features a built-in stereo microphone, letting you record audio along with your video. Audio reception direction can be adjusted for more targeted and accurate audio recording. The built-in microphone is hidden at the bottom of the camera and is designed to suppress wind noise, allowing for high-quality recordings in windy or high-speed scenarios. Audio is recorded in AAC at 48kHz.
- Optional Microphone: The DJI Osmo Action 3 adventure camera is compatible with the DJI Mic (sold separately), providing wireless 2-channel audio transmission up to 820' (250 m). Aftermarket microphones that use a USB-C to 3.5mm cable (sold separately) can also be used.
Voice Prompts & Voice Control:
- Voice Prompt: The Osmo Action 3 can broadcast the current shooting mode by pressing the Quick Switch button on the camera. This also lets you change the shooting modes, even with the camera mounted on a helmet or other hard-to-reach location.
- Voice Control: The Osmo Action 3 camera can be remotely controlled using voice commands, keeping your hands free. The adventure camera recognizes voice commands with a high recognition rate.
Webcam: The DJI Osmo Action 3 can be used as a webcam, providing a more dynamic communication experience. The front-facing screen and included adjustable mount let you quickly and easily set the camera up for webcam use. A USB-C port on the Osmo Action 3 provides the connection to your computer.
Media Storage Video and photos are recorded onto microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory cards (up to 256GB). It is recommend that you use a microSD card with a UHS-1 Speed Grade 3 rating or better (not included). Video and photos can also be transferred and stored on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device through the DJI Mimo app, or to a computer via a USB-C connection.
DJI Mimo App: The DJI Mimo app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) is a comprehensive app that offers intuitive, powerful editing tools to enhance your photos and videos through your compatible smartphone. Your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone will need to be connected to the Osmo Action 3 camera via a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection. With tools like HD live view during recording, intelligent modes, DJI Mimo is an all-in-one solution that lets you capture, edit, and share the best of your moments, right from your fingertips.
- Precise Control: The DJI Mimo app unlocks the full potential of the Osmo Action 3 camera by granting users total control of camera parameters while enjoying a live view (480p) of the camera from your smartphone. The app also includes overexposure alerts and histograms, helping you ensure picture quality while making incredible moments.
- Intelligent Modes: No matter how complex or dynamic your shot, DJI Mimo uses intelligent modes and new algorithms to capture the scene. ActiveTrack automatically recognizes and follows subjects of your choice, and FaceTrack automatically begins in Selfie mode, keeping you at the center of the frame the whole time. For every destination, multiple panorama modes let you capture breathtaking landscapes, while Timelapse and Motionlapse expand your creative options to make an unforgettable travel video.
- Media Management: The DJI Mimo app gives you two options to access your recorded media. You can remove the microSD card from the camera and transfer the files to your computer, as well as import it all through the app. Download photos and video to your mobile device, then edit and manage them all in the DJI Mimo app.
- AI Editor: The DJI Mimo app's editing suite was designed for beginner and experienced users to enhance their content with a professional touch. Set the tone of your video with templates, filters, music, and watermark stickers. For finer details, you can also adjust playback speed and direction, brightness, saturation, contrast, and sharpness to make your finished work truly unique. Alternatively, use My Story video templates designed by professional editors to make your footage cinematic.
- DJI Academy: For immersive and active learning, the DJI Mimo app includes DJI Academy, a resource of easy-to-follow tutorial videos and answers to frequently asked questions so that you can become an experienced photographer.
Included Accessories: The DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo includes the following accessories:
- Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame: The included Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame provides a safe a secure mounting frame for the Osmo Action 3 camera, while providing vertical and horizontal attachment points for the included Quick-Release Adapter mount. Rubberized buttons on the Protective Frame let you access the Shutter/Record and Quick Switch buttons on the camera.
- Quick-Release Adapter Mount: The Quick-Release Adapter Mount and Locking Screw let you quickly and easily mount your DJI Osmo Action 3 camera, while providing approximately 180° of tilt adjustment.
- Adhesive Base: The Adhesive Base features a 3M adhesive base that lets you securely fix your DJI Osmo Action 3 camera to a surfboard, snowboard, or other sporting equipment surface, making it ideal for a wide range of high-intensity action shots.
- Extreme Battery: The rechargeable 1770mAh lithium-ion battery supports continuous recording for up to 150 minutes in temperatures as low as -4° F. It also supports PD fast charging up to 80% capacity in approximately 18 minutes, and a full charge in about 49 minutes. The battery can be recharged while installed in the camera using an optional USB-C charger (sold separately).
- Rubber Lens Protector: Recording HD videos for an extended time may cause the Osmo Action 3 lens to heat up. Installing the Rubber Lens Protector helps prevent overheating.
Optional Accessories: A suite of accessories specifically designed for the DJI Osmo Action 3 camera offers even more options for filming and photography. All accessories are sold separately.
- 1.5 M Extension Rod: Compact, easy-to-hold, and adjustable from 9.73" to 60", the 1.5 m Extension Rod for the DJI Osmo Action 3 camera is great for taking group selfies, overhead shots, and hard-to-get-to tight spaces.
- Multifunctional Battery Case: Stores up to three batteries and two microSD cards, with intelligent fast charging for up to three batteries. Combined with three batteries, the Multifunction Battery Case can act as a power bank to charge other devices like a smartphone.
- Osmo Action Biking Accessory Kit: Includes the Osmo Action Chest Strap Mount and Action Handlebar Mount, letting you secure your Osmo Action 3 camera to your chest or handlebars for fast-action footage.
- Waterproof Case: The DJI Waterproof Case has an IP68 ingress protection rating, allowing your DJI Osmo Action 3 camera to go to depths up to 196 feet (60 meters). The Osmo Action 3 Waterproof Case uses high-strength glass to protect the camera lens area, letting you take crystal-clear camera images. Anti-fog pads are included with the waterproof case.
- Action Diving Accessory Kit: Includes an Osmo Action 3 Waterproof Case, DJI Floating Handle, Locking Screw, and Anti-Fog Inserts for a complete underwater shooting experience.
Firmware Updates: The Osmo Action 3 camera's firmware will be updated through the DJI Mimo app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. An on-screen alert will be received on the app when a new firmware update is available.
Note: An inserted microSD card is required for firmware updates. Make sure the camera's battery level is at least 15% before updating firmware.
- Camera: Width: 2.85", Height: 1.82", Depth: 1.32"
- Camera w/ Protective Case: Width: 3.20", Height: 2.18", Depth: 1.38"