About the DJI RS 3 Pro Combo
Capture smooth footage on the go
The Ronin RS 3 Pro offers excellent stabilization and is compatible with wide range of professional tools and accessories.
Capture smooth footage on the go
The DJI Ronin RS 3 Pro lets you mount a compatible DSLR or mirrorless camera in order to snag super-smooth videos and photos. This professional-quality gimbal frees you up for shooting from just about any angle while holding your camera rig with one hand. Advanced stabilization tech keeps your camera steady no matter how you move, even when you're moving fast or zoomed in.
Includes a handful of helpful accessories
This combo comes with extra goodies that allow you to expand the gimbal's applications. This includes a traveling case, phone holder, briefcase handle for additional grip positions, and a focus motor with accompanying mounting kit. This motor lets you manually control a mounted camera's focus with the dial on the front of the gimbal for convenient one-handed use. The Ronin Image Transmitter is also included, letting you connect to compatible devices for a live HD feed with ActiveTrack 3.0 and other helpful features for videographers.
Expand your tool kit
The RS 3 Pro's heavy-duty build holds payloads of up to 10 lbs., which helps the gimbal take advantage of its extensive suite of connections, from dual RSA/NATO ports to an input for a LiDAR rangefinder (sold separately).
A cold shoe expansion port allows you to mount a DJI Video Transmitter, which in combination with their High-Bright Remote Monitor opens up an even wider range of applications, like the Ronin 4D Hand Grips, DJI Master Wheels, and DJI Force Pro (all sold separately).
This gimbal is also compatible with DJI's RS SDK (software development kit), giving you access to a robust ecosystem of third-party applications.
A 1.8" full-color OLED touchscreen built into the gimbal features intuitive controls and offers status updates while you're recording. You can also adjust your settings and control the gimbal live with a compatible smartphone via Bluetooth using the Ronin app.
A three-position slide switch lets you easily access different shooting modes. And the power button lets you quickly lock the gimbal into place. When you're done for the day, powering down the gimbal automatically returns it to the folded position and locks it.
Multiple grip options
You can use the RS 3 Pro's extendable grip with expandable stand for stationary shots. Or switch quickly between a variety of different grip modes to capture shots while running or shooting from a high- or low-angle perspective. And the included briefcase handle expands the number of grip positions for added flexibility.
- professional-level handheld gimbal mount with case, briefcase handle, focus motor, phone holder, and image transmitter
- strong, lightweight carbon fiber construction
- built-in automatic stabilization helps you capture ultra-smooth, shake-free video footage
- advanced 3rd-generation RS Stabilization algorithm makes real-time adjustments to ensure consistently clear footage
- SuperSmooth Mode increases stabilization for recording while moving fast or zoomed in (100mm equivalent focal lengths)
- mounts compatible DSLR and mirrorless cameras
- extended carbon fiber axis arms can hold larger cameras (up to 10 lbs.)
- 1/4"-20 mounting hole
- 1.8" full-color OLED touchscreen gives you real-time control and status updates
- dual-mode Bluetooth® for wireless communication with compatible devices
- supports wireless shutter control with compatible cameras
- auto-reconnects after first use to get you started sooner
- includes Ronin Image Transmitter for live HD feed, ActiveTrack 3.0, and more
- can be paired with DJI Video Transmitter for use with the DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor (both sold separately)
- optional Transmitter can be used with Ronin 4D Hand Grips, DJI Master Wheels, and DJI Force Pro (all sold separately)
- works with the Ronin smartphone app for compatible Apple® and Android™ devices
- app provides access to gimbal and camera settings, as well as Create, Force Mobile, and Virtual Joystick modes
- DJI RS SDK (software development kit) lets you take advantage of third-party software
- simple slide lets you swap between three modes: Pan follow, Pan and Tilt follow, and FPV
- FPV mode can be set to 3D Roll 360, Portrait, or Custom
- front dial lets you control functions on a connected camera for one-handed use (zoom, focus, shutter, and more)
- flexible grip modes: Vertical, Underslung, Briefcase, and Transportation and Storage
- mechanical range: 360° (Pan), -95° to 240° (Roll), -112° to 214° (Tilt)
- dual-layered camera mount with quick-release plates makes swapping out equipment easy
- fine tuning knob with Teflon®-coated components for friction-less adjustments
- easy-to-use automated controls:
- press and hold the power button to unlock and expand gimbal
- press power to lock axes and put gimbal in sleep mode
- press and hold the power button again to fold and lock the gimbal
- dual RSA/NATO ports allow you to connect a wide range of optional accessories
- cold shoe expansion port
- video transmission/LiDAR Rangefinder port (USB-C)
- RSS camera control port (USB-C)
- focus motor port (USB-C)
- USB-C charging port (cable included)
- includes Mini-HDMI to HDMI, Mini-HDMI to Mini-HDMI, and Mini-HDMI to Micro-HDMI cables
- includes two multi-camera control USB-C cables
- operating temperature: -4° to 113°F
- battery life: 12 hours
- charge time: 2.5 hours
- can be charged while in use
- quick-release battery grip lets you charge separately from the gimbal
- 10-7/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 10-9/16"D (folded); 8-9/16"W x 7-11/16"H x 16-5/16"D (unfolded)
- weight: 2.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # CP.RN.00000218.01
What's in the box:
- Gimbal camera stabilizer
- BG30 Battery/grip (15.4VDC/1950mAh)
- Extended grip/tripod
- Briefcase handle
- Lower quick-release plate with attached upper quick-release plate
- Lens-fastening support
- Lens-fastening support screw
- Focus motor
- Focus motor mounting rod
- Focus motor rod mount
- Focus gear strip
- Image transmitter
- Lens-fastening strap
- Phone holder
- 14" USB-C cable
- 8" USB-C cable
- 19" USB-C to USB-A cable
- 8" Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable
- 8" Mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI cable
- 8" Mini-HDMI to micro-HDMI cable
- 1 Mounting screw w/thumb-tab
- 3 Mounting screws
- Four hex-socket screws
- Allen key
- Hardshell carry-case
- 3 Hook-and-loop straps
- Quick Start Guide
- Briefcase handle information
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for DJI RS 3 Pro Combo
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DJI RS 3 Pro Combo
Combo Overview: The DJI RS 3 Pro Combo includes a DJI RS 3 Pro gimbal camera stabilizer kit along with a Briefcase Handle, Focus Motor with mount and lens fastening strap, Phone holder, Ronin Image Transmitter, USB connection cables, and a convenient hardshell carry-case.
RS 3 Pro Camera Stabilizer: The DJI RS 3 Pro is a professional 3-axis gimbal that's specifically designed for DSLR and Mirrorless cameras. It gives professional videographers and film crews the power to capture action movements with clarity and smoothness. Designed for single- or double-handed use with DSLR and Mirrorless cameras, the RS 3 Pro uses extended carbon fiber axis arms, allowing more balancing space for professional cameras. The RS 3 Pro can easily accommodate payloads up to 10 lbs.
Note: The DJI RS 3 Pro requires a connection to a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone running the DJI Ronin app for activation and operation.
Camera Compatibility: The DJI RS 3 Pro weighs only 3.3 lbs. and has a load capacity of up to 10 lbs., allowing it to support most professional cameras. Click here for an up-to-date list of compatible cameras.
Bluetooth 5.0: The DJI RS 3 Pro supports a Bluetooth (5.0) wireless camera connection, letting you control your compatible camera without the need for a connection cable. An RSS camera control port on the gimbal lets you connect a control cable when using a camera that doesn't support wireless control.
3rd-Gen RS Stabilization: The RS 3 Pro boasts enhanced gimbal performance and stability using DJI's next-generation stabilization algorithm, a 20% increase in stability over the RS 2. There is even a SuperSmooth mode that compensates for the smallest micromovements and increases torque, stabilizing even 100mm zoom lenses.
- Pan Axis: 360° continuous rotation
- Roll Axis: -95° to +240°
- Tilt Axis: -112° to +214°
Quick-Release Plates: The DJI camera gimbal features dual-layered quick-release plates that make mounting a camera quick and easy, without having to re-balance the gimbal after swapping out a new battery or memory card. A newly added fine-tuning knob on the tilt axis allows the camera to slide forward or backward with millimeter-grade precision for accurate balancing.
Automated Axis Locks: The DJI RS 3 Pro provides easy setup and breakdown; when the gimbal is powered On, the 3 axes unlock and expand automatically, allowing you to start working within seconds. Pressing the Power button once automatically locks the gimbal and puts it into a sleep mode. Pressing and holding the Power button will automatically fold and lock the gimbal.
Wireless Shutter Control: The RS 3 Pro supports wireless shutter control with compatible cameras, letting you control video and photo shooting wirelessly using the Record button on the stabilizer. This eliminates the need for bulky cable-connections from the gimbal to the camera. The gimbal uses Dual-Mode Bluetooth, and after initial pairing to your device, allows wireless control of your compatible camera. Previously paired cameras can automatically reconnect when in range.
Auto Tune: The Auto Tune feature can automatically calibrate motor stiffness based on mounted payload and tuning aggressiveness. Auto Tune can be accessed via the Ronin app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device. The Auto Tune process takes approximately 15 to 30 seconds.
Briefcase Handle: The RS 3 Pro incudes DJI's new ergonomic briefcase handle that lets you carry the RS 3 Pro at a low level. A built-in cold shoe mount and 1/4"-20 mounting holes let you connect an external monitor (sold separately) for shooting assistance, as well as making low-angle camera movements more intuitive.
Focus Motor: The RS 3 Pro Combo includes DJI's optional next-generation RS Focus Motor that lets you adjust your camera's focus using the Front Dial on the gimbal handle, or from a Bluetooth-connected smartphone running the DJI Ronin app. The RS Focus Motor is designed to provide more torque (up to 1 Nm) while reducing audible noise by 50%. The RS Focus Motor can be assembled and disassembled quickly without the need for tools. Settings in the Ronin app let you calibrate the focus motor, set the endpoints for the focus motor, as well as motor Stiffness and Strength. Running the Auto Tune feature will automatically calculate the results based on the weight of the gimbal setup.
Ronin Image Transmitter: The RS 3 Pro Combo includes DJI's Ronin Image Transmitter that can transmit video and audio up to 20,000' with ultra-low latency and automatic frequency hopping between the 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz, and DFS bands, providing stable and interference-free remote monitoring. The DJI Video Transmitter can be mounted underneath the camera mount via the cold shoe with no need for an additional battery.
- LiDAR Assistance (optional): The RS 3 Pro can accommodate the optional DJI LiDAR Range Finder (sold separately). The LiDAR Range Finder makes focusing easier by projecting 43,200 ranging points within a 14 meter distance in the field-of-view (FOV). The Range Finder's built-in camera features a focal length of 30mm and a wide FOV of 70°, providing focusing assistance for most scenarios. LiDAR technology doesn't rely on the surface texture of objects, making it more useful in low-light situations. When combined with the optional DJI Focus Motor (sold separately), the LiDAR Range Finder can be used to autofocus manual lenses. The LiDAR Range Finder attaches to the RS 3 Pro via the provided USB-C cable.
- ActiveTrack Pro: The DJI RS 3 Pro features next-generation ActiveTrack Pro that can directly read images from the camera built into a LiDAR Range Finder (sold separately), eliminating the need for the Ronin Image Transmitter. This lets you monitor or frame the subject on the RS 3 Pro's 1.8" OLED touchscreen with a live-feed latency of just 40ms, allowing for swift tracking, even when the subject is moving fast.
- High-Bright Remote Monitor (optional): DJI's optional High-Bright Remote Monitor supports 1080p/60fps live feeds along with multiple monitors and one transmitter. Control Mode allows two monitor/receivers to be used simultaneously to control the gimbal, focus, and camera parameters for integrated control.
1.8" OLED Touchscreen: The DJI RS 3 Pro has a 1.8" full-color touchscreen built right into the handle, letting you access gimbal and camera parameters. A 3-way Gimbal Mode Switch lets you quickly select between three gimbal modes:
- Pan Follow (PF): This mode only allows the pan axis to follow the movement of the grip and is ideal for shooting emerging walk-through and arc shots or moving from left to right.
- Pan and Tilt Follow (PTF): Allows both the pan and tilt axes to follow the movement of the grip and is ideal for scenarios when moving up/down or on a slant.
- Pan, Tilt, and Roll Follow (FPV): All three axes follow the movement of the grip. This mode is ideal for scenarios where the camera will be rotated or when shooting from a low angle. FPV mode provides three sub-settings:
- 3D Roll 360: Enables footage to be shot while rotating the camera 360°.
- Portrait: Lets you shoot footage in portrait mode.
- Custom: Enables or disables any axis to follow the hand grip as required.
Additional Control: The DJI RS 3 Pro includes controls for operating the gimbal manually.
- Joystick: A Joystick control can be used to manually operate the gimbal, with customizable options for Joystick Speed and Joystick Smoothness.
- Dial Control: A dial on the front of the gimbal can be used to adjust Focus, ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Roll Axis, Pan Axis, and Tilt Axis.
- M Button: Locks and Unlocks the screen. Pressing and holding the M button will put the gimbal into Sport mode; this lets the follow speed of the gimbal increase greatly and is ideal for scenarios where a subject moves suddenly and at fast speeds.
- Camera Control: Lets you Start/Stop recording. Pressing halfway initiates Autofocus. Pressing and holding will take a photo.
- Trigger: The Trigger push-button on the front of the gimbal handle serves multiple purposes depending on the number of presses. It can be used to Lock the gimbal, re-center it, rotate the gimbal 180° for selfie mode, and to start ActiveTrack (requires DJI Ronin Image Transmitter to be enabled).
Battery Grip & Tripod: The RS 3 Pro features a removable hand grip that houses the rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. Also included is an extended grip/tripod that connects to the battery/grip so it can be held with both hands. The tripod can be unfolded to stand the camera stabilizer gimbal upright on a flat surface.
Ronin App: The Ronin app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) allows you to use your compatible mobile device to set up and fine-tune gimbal performance with settings for features like SmoothTrack, motor parameters, and various intelligent functions. The RS 3 wirelessly communicates with your Apple iOS or Android device over Bluetooth. 5.0. When controlled via the Ronin mobile app, the wireless operating range is approximately 32.8' (10 meters). In addition to setting the gimbal parameters, the Ronin app also lets you control the gimbal using a virtual joystick along with on-screen controls for Pan, Tilt, Roll, Speed, and Smoothness adjustments. App shooting modes include:
- Timelaps: The RS 3 triggers the camera to capture still images at a set time interval and will automatically stop when completed. The duration and time interval can be set so that the RS 3 can calculate the exact number of images required and the frame rate set. Motionlapse lets you set up to 5 waypoints so that the camera moves and shoots during the Timelaps.
- Track: This setting is designed to capture video with up to 10 waypoints. Waypoints can be selected by manually moving the gimbal or using the joystick and tapping to add a waypoint.
- Panorama: Lets you capture a series of interconnecting still images with precise control based on the user settings.
- Force Mobile: This mode requires two people, one to hold the camera-mounted gimbal while the other controls the gimbal from a connected smartphone that's following the subject matter. As the phone is tilted and rotated, the RS 3 will follow the same motions.
Operation Modes: The DJI RS 3 Pro offers three operation modes (Underslung, Vertical, and Briefcase) to accommodate a variety of shooting scenarios.
- Underslung: Film effortlessly and comfortably in the most common shooting mode, holding the RS 3 directly in front of you at chest level.
- Vertical: Lets you hold and shoot at eye-level by attaching the included tripod/extended grip and holding the assembly with both hands.
- Briefcase: Briefcase mode requires attaching the included Briefcase handle, letting you control the camera stabilizer gimbal and capture footage while holding it like a briefcase.
Rechargeable Battery: The DJI RS 3's advanced, built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 3.5 hours of run-time and supports fast charging of only 2.5 hours (charger not included and sold separately). It is recommended to use chargers that comply with PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol with a charging power of 18W to charge the battery of DJI RS 3.
- Type: Lithium-ion
- Capacity: 1950 mAh
- Energy: 30.0 Wh
- Voltage: 15.4 V
Foldable & Portable Design: DJI RS 3 Pro's foldable design allows it to be easily transported and stowed when not in use. A hardshell carry-case is included for portability.
3rd Party Accessories: The DJI RS 3 Pro is outfitted with RSA ports and NATO mounts making it compatible with a large variety of third-party accessories so you can customize it in endless ways.
The DJI RS 3 Pro Combo replaces these items
- includes splash-proof travel case, metal extended grip/tripod, image transmitter, phone holder, focus motor, and more
- built-in automatic stabilization helps you capture smooth, shake-free video footage
- six different grip configurations let you switch angles and perspectives on the fly
- built-in automatic stabilization helps you capture ultra-smooth, shake-free video footage
- carbon fiber design helps reduce weight while adding strength and durability
- integrated 1.4" OLED touchscreen gives you real-time control and status updates