About the AtlasIED AA120G
Designed for commercial background music and paging
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we'll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Designed for commercial background music and paging
The AtlasIED AA120G is ideally suited for paging and background music in a multi-zone commercial space. It delivers up to 120 watts RMS to a regular 8-ohm speaker load or to multiple speakers in a 70-volt distributed system. Six inputs — four microphone/line and two mono-summed RCA pairs — let you play multiple sources of music and make announcements from multiple locations.
You can set the mixer to mute inputs when Channel 1's microphone is on or when its button activates the remote trigger. You can also route any combination of inputs to a Zone 2 output for a second set of speakers or for music on hold (MOH) in a telephone system.
- amplified 6-channel mixer for commercial audio distribution
- output: 120 watts RMS x 1 at 8 ohms, 25 volts, 70.7 volts, and 100 volts
- Zone 2 output: 1 watt at 8 ohms, 1.5 volts at 600 ohms (for music on hold)
- four balanced mic/line inputs with switchable phantom power
- input 1 features vox priority with variable sensitivity
- individual gain trim rings
- two unbalanced RCA inputs (sum to mono)
- DIP switches for configuring input and Zone 2 assignment
- "Pre Out" and "Amp In" loop, plus 2 preamp and tape outputs, for external processors, amplifiers, or recorders
- Bridge In/Out lets multiple AA120Gs share sources
- rear panel unswitched AC receptacle to power external gear
- switchable low-cut filter (400 Hz, 6 dB/octave)
- universal power supply
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17"W x 3-1/2"H x 9-1/2"D
- weight: 13.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # AA120G
What's in the box:
- 6-Input mixer/amplifier
- 2 Rack ears (installed)
- Three 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors
- Four 3-pin Euroblock connectors
- One 4-pin Euroblock connector (all Euroblock connectors are pre-installed)
- Clear terminal cover (pre-installed)
- 35" Power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Owners Manual
Customer reviews for AtlasIED AA120G
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED AA120G
Overview: The Atlas AA120G is a 6 input channel mixer/amplifier designed for distributed business paging and background music systems, small to medium speech privacy systems, and in applications where music on hold plus paging is required. The Atlas mixer/amplifier features 4 microphone/line inputs and 2 stereo unbalanced RCA inputs, accommodating a variety of input sources including paging microphones, CD players, and digital music receivers. A DIP switch selectable matrix allows for easy feature selections, and a Zone 2 output that can provide either a line-level signal or a 1W amplified output to drive a single speaker. The amp can be configured for 25V, 70V, 100V, or 4O operation, with 120 watts of output power.
- Input 1-4: Four 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors can accommodate a balanced mic- or unbalanced line-level signal . Four corresponding Input Trim dials can provide up to 20dB of gain for each Euroblock input when set for Mic signals.
- Input 1: Provides voice-activated (VOX) muting, which is triggered by a signal on the microphone, and includes a Threshold dial for adjusting how loud the mic signal must be to mute the other channels.
- Input 4: In addition to the 3-pin Euroblock connector, Input 4 also includes a 3.5mm jack for summed stereo signals.
- Note: Only one input signal type can be used at a time.
- Inputs 5 & 6: Two sets of stereo unbalanced RCA inputs are provided for running audio signals such as a CD or MP3 player. The stereo signal on these inputs gets summed to a mono signal.
- Amplifier Output: The main speaker output is a 5-terminal set-screw block, that includes connections for 100V, 70V, 25V, and 4O speaker configurations. This section has a pre-installed protective clear cover that is easily removed to access terminals.
- Zone 2 Output: A 5-pin Euroblock connector can be used to pass a balanced 600O line-level signal out to a telephone Music On Hold system or an additional amplifier, and a 1W output for a single speaker (8O) connection in a secondary area such as a lobby, restroom, or waiting room. A corresponding adjustment dial lets you control the level of the Zone 2 signal.
- Bridge In/Out & Select: A 5-pin Euroblock connector includes three Bridge In/Out terminals that can be used to send and receive balanced line-level signals between multiple Atlas AA120G or AA240G mixer/amplifiers. This allows amps in different rooms to share music content or a paging signal simultaneously. Send and Receive signals are combined through the same terminals. Two additional Bridge Select terminals let you install an external contact closure switch (sold separately) that allows the Bridge In/Out feature to function when the switch contacts are closed. Connections between mixer/amps can be up to 200'.
- Pre-Out/Amp In: A 5-pin Euroblock connector provides a balanced pre-out that can be used to run the main output signal to a secondary amplifier. The Pre-Out signal is pre-Master Level control on the front panel. The Pre-Out can also be used in conjunction with the Amp In lines on the same Euroblock connector. This lets you run the Pre-Out signal to an outboard processor, for EQ, limiting, compression, etc, and then back into the AA120G's Amp In. A corresponding Amp Direct switch will need to be set to the On position when using the Amp In.
- VCA/Mute: A 4-pin Euroblock connector lets you use an optional 10k potentiometer (sold separately) for Remote Level Control of either the Main Output or Input #6 (music input). This option can is assignable in the DIP switch matrix. Two additional Mute pins on this connector can be used with an optional contact switch (not included) that will mute any input, assigned in the DIP matrix, when the contacts are closed. Input 1 cannot be muted, since it's used for the VOX microphone input.
DIP Switches: The AA120G includes 3 DIP switch matrix panels for quick and easy configuration of inputs and outputs. This allows for the following settings:
- DIP Switch Bank A:
- DIP#1-4 (Mic/Line): Lets you select whether Inputs 1-4 are using a Mic- or Line-level signal.
- DIP#5-8 (Phantom): Individually assigns +24VDC of Phantom power to Inputs 1-4 when connecting condenser microphones.
- DIP Switch Bank B:
- DIP#1 (Sens): Changes the input sensitivity on Input 1 between 100mV and 300mV, for use with a microphone.
- DIP#2 (VCA): Determines which input will be affected by a connected 10k potentiometer on the VCA input - either the Main Output level or Input #6 (music).
- DIP#3 (Low Cut): When On, activates a 300Hz (6dB/oct.) high-pass filter for each input.
- DIP#4-8 (Mute Receive): These 5 DIP switches determine if that corresponding Input will be muted when the VOX (Input #1) is used, or if an optional Mute switch is connected.
- DIP Switch Bank C (Zone 2 Assign): Six switches allow each Input to be assigned to the Zone 2 output.
Front Panel Controls:
- Input Levels: Each of the six inputs has its own level control.
- Master Level: Controls the overall signal to the speaker output. This does not affect the Line Output level.
- Tone Controls: Recessed Bass and Treble controls allow ± 10dB of adjustment at 100Hz and 10kHz.
- Power Switch
LED Indicators: A Power indicator lights blue when the unit is powered on. A green LED above each of the Input Level controls lights when the input signal level exceeds -40dBu and flashes if the signal reaches the distortion level. The Master Level section also includes a green signal indicator, which lights when the signal exceeds -40dBu, and a red Clip indicator that will flash if the output signal reaches the distortion level.
Mounting: The AA120G includes two pre-installed rack-ears, letting you mount the amp into a standard 19" equipment rack. Attached rubberized feet also allow the amp to sit on a table or shelf. The rubber feet can be removed if rack-mounting.
- Output Power: 120 Watts
- Connections: 25V, 70V, 100V, 4O
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Zone 2 Output (Amplified): 1 Watt @ 8O
- Zone 2 Output (Line): 500mV into 600O
- Phantom Power: +24VDC
- Dimensions: Width = 17.0", Height = 3.79", Depth = 12.75"
- Weight: 13.5 lbs.
The AtlasIED AA120G replaces these items
- 120W x 1 at 70V and 8 ohms; Aux outputs: 1 x unbalanced Phoenix connector (Zone 2), 1 x mono RCA (Pre), 2 x stereo RCA (Pre)
- inputs: 5 x balanced Phoenix connectors, 1 x stereo RCA (summed to mono)
- size: 2U (rack mount not included)