About the AtlasIED AP-S15A
Power spikes can cause valuable equipment to fail at the worst possible times. The AtlasIED AP-S15 offers circuit breaker protection rated at 15 amps, and the ability to suppress power spikes up to 6,000 volts. The unit also filters out unwanted noise from radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.
The rear of the AtlasIED AP-S15A features 7 switched outlets and 1 unswitched outlet.
- 15-amp rack-mounted power conditioner and distribution unit
- RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) and EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) noise filtering
- circuit breaker protection rated at 15 amps
- power spike suppression up to 6,000 volts
- AC fault indicator light
- 9 total outlets
- 7 rear-panel switched outlets
- 1 rear-panel unswitched outlet
- 1 front-panel unswitched convenience outlet
- 9-foot main power cord
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 5"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # AP-S15A
What's in the box:
- Power conditioner
- 12' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Power cord retainer
- Owner's manual
Customer reviews for AtlasIED AP-S15A
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED AP-S15A
Outlets: The Atlas AP-S15A AC power conditioner and distribution rack-unit features 9 outlets:
- Rear Panel: 1 unswitched and 7 switched outlets.
- Front Panel: 1 unswitched convenience outlet.
Noise Filtering: The AP-S15A features both Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) noise filtering. RFI is commonly introduced into AC power lines from nearby radio transmitters or wireless electronic equipment. EMI can be generated by electric motors, such as in refrigerators or AC units, as well as switching power supplies. These forms of interference can cause audible distortion and artifacts in sound quality, and cause video to display fuzzy or with frequent static pops.
Spike Suppression: Surges in AC Mains power can damage sensitive electronic equipment. These spikes in voltage can reach as high as 6000V, with amperage peaks of 3000A, and happen very quickly. The AP-S15A can suppress unwanted energy, up to 6000V, within a nanosecond response time, and sustain the suppression up to 2 milliseconds.
Indicators: Three front-panel LEDs provide the following information:
- Power: Lights blue when the power switch is in the On position.
- Ground Status: Lights green when the AP-S15A has a sufficient
ground connection through the AC Mains power cord.
- Note: The AC wall outlet must have a proper ground connection for the Atlas power conditioner to work properly.
- Surge Protection: This red LED will be illuminated under normal
working conditions, even while suppressing voltage transients. In the rare
event a voltage spike or surge is beyond the AP-S15A's capabilities, the
Surge Protection LED will stop illuminating and the power conditioner will
shut down until repaired.
- Note: Although rare, activation of the Surge Protection fault and the associated repair are NOT covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
Circuit Breaker: A rear-panel 15A circuit breaker is provided, with Push-to-Reset button.
Applications: The Atlas AP-S15A is an ideal choice for restaurants, houses of worship, schools, home theater systems, office buildings, sports bars, and more.