About the AtlasIED DPA404
Power for a highly configurable commercial audio system
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Power for a highly configurable commercial audio system
The AtlasIED DPA404 amplifier delivers up to 100 watts per channel to four zones in a flexible commercial audio system. It provides four balanced Phoenix-style inputs for connecting to compatible AtlasIED audio processors, plus an Ethernet port for web-based configuration and control ports for remote level and mute functions. Rack-mounting ears are built in.
This amp offers flexible setup options that you won't find on just any commercial amp. For instance, you can run two channels of the DPA404 in high-impedance 70V mode, with each powering several commercial speakers across multiple zones for paging and background sound. The other two channels can simultaneously operate at 4 or 8 ohms in low-impedance mode for foreground stereo sound.
- 400-watt 4-channel power amplifier
- 100 watts per channel at 70V/100V
- 75 watts per channel at 8 ohms; 50 watts at 4 ohms
- Class AB switching hybrid BASH amplifier
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (DSP filters set to Flat)
- onboard web UI for remote monitoring and configuration
- fan-assisted convection cooling
- rack-mounting accessories included
- 4 three-pin Phoenix-style balanced line-level inputs
- 4 speaker wire connection terminals
- 6-pin Phoenix-style control port lets you connect up to four optional remote level controls
- Ethernet port for web-based configuration
- accessory card slot for optional Dante™ digital audio module or aux input expansion module
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 16-3/4"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # DPA404
What's in the box:
- Commercial 4-channel power amplifier
- 8' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- One 6-pin Euroblock connector
- Four 3-pin Euroblock connectors
- 2 Output terminal covers (installed)
- 4 Security covers
- 10 Crimp-on spade terminals
- 4 Adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's manual
- Quickstart guide
- Manual addendum
Customer reviews for AtlasIED DPA404
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED DPA404
Overview: The AtlasIED DPA404 is a networkable 4-channel power amplifier with DSP. This Class AB amplifier is fully configurable through its Digital Signal Processing and Ethernet connectivity. It can be used in both 70V/100V and 4- or 8-ohm applications and can even be configured to run both types simultaneously. You can remotely monitor the levels and amp status, and make adjustments from a computer, iPhone, iPad, or Android device. The DPA404 features built-in rack ears and takes up 1U of rack space.
Applications: The DPA404 amplifier's flexibility, build quality, configurable DSP, and remote web monitoring and control make the amplifier ideal for retail, commercial, industrial, and educational applications, including conference rooms, classrooms, presentation rooms, A/V systems, and background/foreground music applications.
Configuration: The AtlasIED amplifier offers three different configuration modes, adding flexibility to your installation.
- 70V/100V: The default setup for the DPA404 is 70V/100V operation for all four channels, with each Input (1-4) feeding its corresponding Output (1-4). This mode requires no setup or network connection and is ready out-of-the-box.
- 4Ω/8Ω: The amplifier's four channels can be configured, using the built-in GUI (Graphical User Interface), to power either 4- or 8-ohm speakers in two stereo zones.
- Split Configuration: The DPA404 can be configured in the GUI for 70V/100V operation on two output channels, while powering 4- or 8-ohm speakers on the other two channels.
Power: The DPA404's Class AB switching hybrid-BASH topology can provide the following output power:
- 4 x 100W @ 70.7V
- 4 x 100W @ 100V
- 4 x 75W @ 8Ω
- 4 x 50W @ 4Ω
- 2 x 100W @ 70.7V + 2 x 75W @ 8Ω
- 2 x 100W @ 100V + 2 x 50W @ 4Ω
- Inputs: The DPA404 features four balanced line-level inputs via 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors that can accept wire up to 16-gauge. An Accessory Card Slot allows the inputs to be expanded to eight channels using an optional DPA-DAC4 Four-Channel Dante card or DPA-AMIX 2-Mic/Line, 2-Aux Input card (both sold separately).
- Outputs: The four speaker outputs are provided on an 8-terminal barrier strip that can accommodate speaker wire up to 10-gauge. Speaker wire can be connected directly to the set-screw terminals or using the provided crimp-on spade terminals. Protective terminal covers are included for the speaker output connections.
Front Panel: The front panel of the amplifier features rotary level controls for Channels 1-4 and a push-button power switch. To prevent tampering, the knobs can be removed and replaced with security covers (included). If you are using the network GUI, the front panel controls can be disabled, allowing level control only through the network. Each input channel features a Green Signal indicator and a Red Limit/Protect indicator. Four additional LEDs are provided to indicate the operating mode for Channels 1/2 and 3/4, lighting to indicate 4/8-ohm operation or 70/100V operation.
Rear Panel: The amp's rear panel features the following connections:
- AC Power: IEC 3-prong AC port (with T4A 250V fuse) for the included removable power cord.
- Amplifier Outputs: An eight-terminal barrier strip can accept up to 10-gauge speaker wire (crimp-on spade terminals included).
- Balanced Line Inputs: Four removable Euroblock connectors provide the line-level inputs for Ch 1-4, accepting wire up to 16-gauge.
- Remote Level Control: A 6-pin Euroblock connector lets you connect up to four optional remote level controls, such as the WPD-VC10K wall volume control (sold separately), for remotely adjusting the signal level of each output channel. The control ports can also be assigned for Contact Closure, letting you connect an optional switch to Mute that channel's signal.
- Ethernet Input: RJ-45 Ethernet port for connecting to a network or local computer using CAT5 cable to access the amp's DSP and configuration settings.
DPA Ethernet Control: The DPA404 comes configured out of the box to operate as a traditional commercial 70V/100V power amplifier with manual volume controls. To see the full potential of the amplifier, you must be able to access the DPA Control Panel through a network or a local computer connection. The software is embedded in a web browser GUI Control Panel interface--no external software is required. Access to the DSP settings can be made using a computer, smartphone, or tablet using a web browser. The DPA404 also includes PC based DPA Site Manager software that automatically searches within a specific network for all DPA amplifiers on that network. This displays all DPA amps and lets you select any for configuration. The software can also report faults, provide Input/Output status, and remote activation via a scheduler timer. Some amplifier settings you can make via the GUI Control Panel include:
- Level Control Assignment: You can set the location of the level controls from the front panel rotary controls or through the GUI, but not both simultaneously.
- Operation Configuration: Lets you configure each channel for either 70V/100V or 4- or 8-ohm operation or both if using a split configuration.
- Power Saving Mode: If Power Saving Mode is selected, the amp will automatically enter Standby Mode after 30 minutes of no audio signal at the input.
- Amplifier Password: You can change the amplifier log-in password at any time
- Channel Naming: Each input and output can be named separately. The assigned name will apply throughout the GUI.
DSP Settings: The following DSP parameters can be accessed through the GUI:
- Level: When Level Control is assigned to the GUI, you can adjust the Output Level. If Level Control is assigned to the Front Panel, this option will not appear in the GUI.
- I/O Router: Any of the 4 inputs can be mixed to any of the 4 outputs. You can select the channel and assign the desired input level to go to the amp's output stage. If more than one input is assigned, they will be summed.
- 5-Band Parametric EQ: Each output channel has a 5-band parametric EQ for fine-tuning the audio.
- Hi & Lo Pass Filters: Each output channel has a high-pass and low-pass filter. The slope and frequency can be assigned by dragging a fader or typing a value.
- Output Level: The output level controls include all of the settings except the limiter. (Output level is PRE limiter)
- Delay: Each output channel has up to 60 ms of assignable delay.
- Limiter: Each output channel has up to -12dB of limiting that can be assigned. (Limiter threshold is fixed, and designed to be a hard limiter.)
- Remote Level Control Assignment: The Remote Level topology for each of the four Remote Level Control inputs is based on +10VDC VCA. Each Remote Level input can be assigned to any or all of the output channels.
- Input Mute Assignment: The DPA404 provides two methods of muting the signal in any of the inputs - Audio Sensing, using the signal on one input to mute the signal on another channel (ducking), and Contact Closure, using an optional contact switch to mute an assigned channel.
Fan Cooled: The DPA404 features two internal variable-speed fans with rear-to-front air flow.
Mounting: The AtlasIED amplifier features built-in rack ears for mounting it into a standard 19" wide equipment rack. The amp takes up 1U of vertical space. Adhesive rubber feet are also provided for placing the amp on a shelf or table-top.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (DSP filters set to Flat)
- THD: 0.2% at rated output
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >100dB
- Crosstalk: 73dB @ 1kHz
- Power Consumption:
- Sleep Mode: 4 watts
- Standby Mode: 18 watts
- Idle Active: 40 watts
- Average Power @4Ω (all channels driven): 160 watts
- Max Power @4Ω (all channels drive): 486 watts
- Average Power @70V (all channels driven): 215 watts
- Max Power @70V (all channels driven): 710 watts
- Dimensions: Width: 19.0", Height: 1.75", Depth: 16.75"
- Weight: 13 lbs.