About the AtlasIED HPA1302
Configurable power for a commercial audio system
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Configurable power for a commercial audio system
The AtlasIED HPA1302 amplifier delivers up to 650 watts per channel to two zones in a flexible commercial audio system. It provides two balanced Phoenix-style inputs for connecting to compatible AtlasIED audio processors, and configurable speaker-level outputs that can be adapted to suit your needs.
A set of eight DIP switches on the back panel offer several input/output configuration options. For instance, each input can be independently configured for 70V, 100V, 8-ohm, or 4-ohm operation, and output can be configured for mono or stereo. And there's a five-pin port for connecting fault reporting and remote control functions.
The amp is cooled by an auto-activating internal fan with exhaust vents, and protected against output faults by a resettable breaker. Convenient rack-mounting ears are built in.
- 1,300-watt 2-channel Class D power amplifier
- 650 watts per channel at 70V/100V
- each channel can be independently configured for 70V, 100V, 8-ohm, or 4-ohm operation
- eight rear-panel DIP switches for input/output configuration
- two individual rotary channel level controls on front panel
- auto-activating internal cooling fan with exhaust vents
- resettable rear-panel breaker protects the amp from faults
- integrated rack-mounting ears
- 2 three-pin Phoenix-style balanced line-level inputs
- four-pin Phoenix-style 2-channel speaker-level output
- selectable mono or stereo configuration
- 5-pin Phoenix-style input for fault reporting and remote control functions
- accessory card slot for optional Dante™ digital audio module or aux input expansion module
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 3-1/2"H x 9-5/16"D (2U rack spaces)
- weight: 15.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # HPA1302
What's in the box:
- Commercial 2-channel amplifier (70V/100V/4 & 8 ohm)
- 5' AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- One 4-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connector
- Two 3-pin Phoenix connectors
- One 5-pin Phoenix connector
- Security cover
Customer reviews for AtlasIED HPA1302
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AtlasIED HPA1302
Overview: The Atlas HPA1302 High Power Amplifier is a commercial 2-channel amp designed for use in both 70/100V distributed systems and professional applications that require multiple impedance loads. Each channel can be independently set for 70V, 100V, 8Ω, or 4Ω operation.
Amp Topology: The HPA1302 features Generation II Class-D output topology that provides great efficiency with the sound quality of a Class-AB amp. It's switch mode, global auto-sensing power supply can maintain a stable output during fluctuating power conditions, delivering high dynamic output voltage and current to any of its compatible speaker loads - 70V, 100V, 8Ω, and 4Ω.
Power: The HPA1302 can provide up to 650W x 2 channels for 70V, 100V, 8Ω, and 4Ω speaker loads.
Inputs: The HPA1302 includes two 3-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors for the two input channels. Each input can accommodate balanced or unbalanced line-level signals. Two corresponding DIP switches let you set the input sensitivity range with options for: 0.775V, 1V, and 32dB. The single input sensitivity setting affects both input channels.
Outputs: The amplifier's two output channels are provided on a single 4-pin Phoenix connector that can accept speaker wire from 18ga. up to 6ga. The output channels can be configured as a stereo output, with each corresponding input providing the source signal, or as a mono output to both channels from one input source. A rear-panel Parallel DIP switch determines their operation.
DIP Switch Matrix: Eight rear-panel DIP switches, divided into two groups, let you configure the HPA1302 with the following options:
- Switch Bank #1:
- DIP #1 (N/A): Not used
- DIP #2 (Paral.): Activates Parallel mode when On. This allows each input to work independently for stereo operation. Off lets a single input channel feed both output channels.
- DIP #3 & #4 (Sens.): Set the input sensitivity for both inputs; 0.775V, 1V, and 32dB.
- Switch Bank #2:
- DIP #1 & #2 (CH1 Load): Determines the impedance load for channel 1. Options include: 100V, 70V, 8Ω, and 4Ω.
- DIP #3 & #4 (CH2 Load): Determines the impedance load for channel 2. Options include: 100V, 70V, 8Ω, and 4Ω.
Additional Connections: A 5-pin Phoenix connector allows for two optional functions:
- Remote: This 3-pin connection lets you use an optional contact closure switch to remotely power the amplifier On. When the CC and Ground pins are shorted together, the unit will power On as long as the rear-panel power switch is in the On position initially.
- Fault: The HPA1302 features a fault reporting system to let you know if something is wrong with the amp. These two pins are Normally Closed (shorted) and will Open if the amp detects one of the following: Shorted speaker wire, excessive temperature, too low of a loudspeaker impedance load, and if DC voltage is present on the speaker output. This will also trip the rear-panel Mains breaker.
Controls & Indicators: The front panel includes two rotary Channel Level Controls for adjusting the input level for each channel. A corresponding column of four LEDs for each channel will light to display: Ready, Signal, Limit, and Protect. Three additional LEDs display Power, Standby, and Temp. A tamper-proof security cover is provided for the Level controls.
Fan Cooled: The HPA1302 features an internal fan with exhaust vents for cooling. The fan will activate automatically based on the amp's internal temperature.
AC Mains Breaker: A resettable rear-panel breaker will trip if the amp detects a fault or problem with the output channels.
Optional Accessory Card: A single opening on the front panel lets you add an optional 2-Channel Dante receiver card (sold separately) for use with Dante-enabled audio systems.