About the KEF Q250c
KEF delivers clear dialogue and a strong center soundstage
KEF delivers clear dialogue and a strong center soundstage
I've long admired KEF for their sweet sounding — and sweet looking — home theater speaker lineup, and the Q250c is no exception. This premium center channel speaker delivers rich, clear dialogue and convincing center-stage sound effects. You'll enjoy a rock-solid center image and smooth, natural sound that lets you get the most out of movie soundtracks, TV shows, and sports broadcasts.
An expanded view of the Q250c's impressive driver array.
Room-filling dialogue thanks to Uni-Q® technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places this speaker's 1" tweeter in the acoustic center of its 5-1/4" woofer. This concentric design allows sounds to originate from a single point source, making the "sweet spot" (the ideal listening position) much larger.
Here at Crutchfield, we've had the pleasure of hearing Uni-Q technology in person many times. Sit wherever you like — you'll enjoy detailed dialogue and immersive center-stage special effects throughout your room.
Excellent bass from your center channel
The Q250c uses dual 5-1/4" passive bass radiators to reinforce low-frequency output. This gives you tight, tuneful bass that blends seamlessly with the tweeter for smooth, full-range sound.
Choose the right speaker wire
Starting your surround system from scratch? You'll need speaker wire to connect the Q250c to your home theater receiver. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire, and shop our selection of speaker wire to find the best option for your system.
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- 5-1/4" aluminum woofer
- Uni-Q® driver array technology creates a large listening "sweet spot"
- the tweeter and woofer are concentrically mounted to create a single "point source" of sound
- dual 5-1/4" aluminum passive radiators for enhanced bass performance
- frequency response: 68-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts
- bass-reflex (passive radiator) design
- binding post speaker terminals
- optional magnetic grille available separately
Dimensions and warranty:
- 20-11/16"W x 7-1/8"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 16.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # Q250CWA
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for KEF Q250c
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KEF Q250c
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||68-28k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Uni-Q Driver Array: At the heart of the Q Series loudspeaker is the Uni-Q driver array. This signature innovation by KEF places the tweeter in the acoustic center of the midrange cone, with both drivers acting as a single point source. The result is a more detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound image, which is dispersed more evenly throughout the room than is possible with any conventional speaker. The Uni-Q driver array is made up of a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and a 5.25" aluminum midbass driver.
- 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: At the center of the Uni-Q driver array is a 1" aluminum dome tweeter that utilizes KEF's "tangerine" waveguide over the tweeter dome for ultra-wide dispersion. Further enhancements to the 1" aluminum dome tweeter is a damped loading tube and a cone-neck de-coupler. The damped tweeter loading tube reduces any harshness in the lower treble frequencies by gently terminating the sound produced from the rear. The cone-neck de-coupler reduces output in the cone breakup region to improve high frequency performance.
- 5.25" Aluminum Midbass Driver: The Uni-Q driver array's 5.25" midbass driver features an aluminum cone structure that has been engineered to reduce cone breakup and improve midrange and midbass performance. The driver's optimized suspension allows more movement, better controlled excursion, and lower distortion for accurate midbass performance. As well as allowing the driver's cone its full extension, KEF's ingenious Z-flex surround guides the sound from the tweeter across the surround without any disturbance or secondary radiation.
Dual Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABR): Flanking the Uni-Q driver array are two 5.25" Auxiliary Bass Radiators(ABR). The same aluminum cone found in the Uni-Q's midbass driver is also used in the 5.25" ABR for excellent low-distortion midbass/bass performance. The new rubber rear suspension of the ABR provides greater excursion and a lower tuning frequency so that the speaker can play deeper and louder. Both ABRs feature a large roll surround that allows a longer throw with less distortion at high sound pressure levels.
Sleek Cabinet Design: The sculpted Q Series finish epitomizes KEF's approach with seamless, sleek cabinets unblemished by visible fittings and joints. Q Series speakers are coated with a fine satin finish with matching driver colors. If you wish to conceal the drivers, an optional magnetically attached speaker grille (see Accessories Tab) is available and sold separately.
- Centered Array: To optimize the high resolution purity of the Q Series center channel speaker, the Uni-Q driver array is positioned to the center of the cabinet to reduce unwanted internal resonance and adding refinement to sonic clarity and detail. Expect to hear clear highs and detailed mids with minimum distortion at any volume level.
- Isolated Sealed Chamber: The Uni-Q driver array is isolated in a closed chamber inside the speaker cabinet to reduce distortions. The closed box midbass cabinet design reduces the load on the Uni-Q midbass cone, increasing clarity and detail while delivering cleaner, punchier bass.
Gold-Plated Binding Post Terminals: On the rear of the speaker cabinet is a pair of heavy-duty, gold-plated binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). Plastic inserts must be removed from the binding posts to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The center channel speaker should be centered below or above your television. It can be placed on a speaker stand, AV stand, shelf, tabletop, or other flat surface. The included self-adhesive rubber feet protect your furniture and add approximately 0.1875" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: There are no included brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to accommodate wall mounting.
Q Series: Q Series speakers by KEF deliver natural, accurate, high-resolution sound. First introduced in 1991, the multiple award-winning Q Series has long delighted music lovers and audiophiles with outstanding sound quality and innovative design. The Q Series, now in its 8th iteration, brings high resolution sound with more depth and more clarity. The Q Series consists of three floorstanding speakers (Q550/Q750/Q950), two bookshelf speakers (Q150/Q350), two center channel speakers (Q650C/Q250C), and Dolby Atmos speaker (Q50A) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: A KEF Kube series powered subwoofer (sold separately) is the perfect addition to the Q Series loudspeakers.
1 question already asked