Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This wiring kit does not include speaker wire or patch cables. You will need to purchase those separately, in order to complete your amplifier installation.
StreetWires Power Station amp kits provide the insulated power cables, fuses and connectors you need to install your amplifier and add an impressive, professional edge to your installation. Fine-strand, silver-plated oxygen-free wire reduces interference, so your power flows clean and pure at higher power levels.
The Power Station PSK08B amp wiring kit handles amplifier systems with a rating of up to 300 watts. Each 8-gauge power and ground cable is protected by a durable, Poly Flex jacket, and the cables are finished with nickel-plate ring terminals for a secure connection to your amplifier. StreetWires also includes a blue 18-gauge turn-on lead, a firewall bushing, and assorted connectors and cable ties.
- amplifier wiring kit with power and ground connections
- 18 feet of 8-gauge blue power cable with ring terminal
- 4 feet of 8-gauge silver ground cable with ring terminal
- AFS in-line fuse holder and 60-amp AFS fuse
- 16 feet of 18-gauge blue remote turn-on wire
- assorted connectors, spade terminals, and wire ties
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
StreetWires Power Station PSK08B Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Sorry Crutchfield. I can't recommend this kit to anyone. The wires are OK quality, but the connectors are very sub-par. Also, the connectors were too small for the wire. It is way too expensive for the low quality. I ended up having to go to town and buy better quality connectors.
Please save your good reputation by discontinuing this item.
8-gauge Amp kit
Good kit, came with everything needed for a single amp install. Only thing I dis like was that the spade connectors for the 8 gauge wires didn't fit into my kenwood power and ground terminals. But it was really nice to already have the ring connectors on it, made my life easier. Plus the blue looks good.
What's in the box?
- One 18' length of 8-gauge power wire in a translucent blue jacket (has attached battery ring terminal)
- One 4' length of 8-gauge ground wire in a clear jacket (has attached ring terminal)
- One 15.75' length of 18-gauge remote wire in a blue jacket
- In-line AFS fuse holder
- One 60-amp AFS fuse
- Two 8-gauge crimp-on spade terminals (one has a black insulator boot and one has a translucent blue insulator boot)
- One 18-gauge crimp-on spade terminal (has a translucent blue insulator boot)
- 1 Red butt connector
- Six 4.5" wire ties
- Instructions on package
General Overview: This is a single amplifier wiring kit that includes the power and ground cables, turn-on lead and accessories required to install one amplifier. Speaker wire and patch cords are sold separately.
In-line Fuse Holder: The in-line fuse holder is waterproof and comes with a 60-amp AFS fuse. The fuse holder's set screw input and output accept bare 8-gauge wire (no ring terminal required). Integrated tabs allow you to mount the fuse holder using optional self-tapping screws. The fuse holder has the following dimensions: L=3.218", W=1.887" (including integrated mounting tabs), H=0.994".
Note: The set screws require a 3mm Allen wrench.
Power and Ground Cables: The 8-gauge power cable has a translucent blue insulation jacket while the 8-gauge ground cable has a clear insulation jacket.
Remote Turn-on Wire: The 18-gauge remote turn-on wire has a blue insulation jacket.
Crimp-on Terminal Dimensions: The crimp-on terminals have the following dimensions:
- Power Ring Terminal (installed): W=0.592", Inner Diameter=0.335"
- Ground Ring Terminal (installed): W=0.477", Inner Diameter=0.216"
- 8-gauge Spade Terminals: W=0.327", Prong Spacing=0.152"
- 18-gauge Spade Terminal: W=0.273", Prong Spacing=0.147"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.