Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
StreetWires 8-gauge crimp-on power rings provide secure connection for your amp's power and ground cables. Just insert the bare wire end and use a crimp tool to lock it in place. Each pair includes red and black heat-shrink tubing. Warranty: lifetime.
StreetWires 8-gauge Crimp-on 3/8" Power Rings® Reviews
What's in the box?
- Four 8-gauge crimp-on power rings
- 2 Black 1" Lengths of heat-shrink insulation
- 2 Red 1" Lengths of heat-shrink insulation
Overview: These power rings are designed to provide a secure, crimp-on termination for 8-gauge power and ground cables. Each terminal includes a section of heat-shrink insulation. We recommend using a crimp tool to make the best connection.
Installation: When installing these crimp-on power rings, follow the instructions listed below:
- Strip approximately 1/3" of insulation from the cable
- Slide one length of the heat-shrink insulation over the cable, beyond the stripped portion
- Push the wire (stripped end) into the connector's cavity (internal diameter: 0.187")
- Using a crimp tool, make a tight crimp, securing the wire inside the terminal
- Slide the heat-shrink insulation over the power ring's crimped collar. Apply heat to cause the insulation to shrink and tightly adhere to the terminal and cable.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.