David S's 1994 Ford Ranger
- Alpine CDA-9884 CD receiver
- Polk Audio MMC5250 5-1/4" component speaker system
- Rockford Fosgate RFP2210 10" Punch HE2 dual voice coil subwoofer
- Alpine MRP-F250 4-channel car amplifier
- Boston Acoustics RX87 5" X 7" Rally Series coaxial speaker system rear panel
- Sony XM-275 power amplifier for the subwoofer
- Custom-made sealed subwoofer enclosure
I read all of the instructions manuals first and then verified I had everything I needed before attempting the installation. I ran all of the power wiring on the driver's side and all of the speaker/RCA cables on the passenger side. I took my time and when all was complete, the first sound test passed without any problems. I then fine tuned the system to my liking and now my drive to work is no longer mundane.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
Factory head units and speakers just don't cut it.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
Why did you choose these products?
Some were given to me, others were transferred from previous vehicle and some were replaced because they failed.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Trying to find and mount the crossovers for the front speakers.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Replace components when they fail and maybe upgrade the subwoofer amp to a Mono - 2 ohm output.
|The Installation Victim
|Front Door Speakers
|Subwoofer and Rear Speakers
|Me and "the other system" Potato, potato, potato