John D's 2006 Chevy Colorado
- Jensen VM9312 DVD/CD Receiver w/ 7" Touchscreen
- Kenwood KAC-7252 170X2 Amplifier
- Profile AP740 60WX4 Amplifier
- 1 Pair Polk MOMO MM2084 8" 4-Ohm Single Coil Subwoofer
- Dual Subwoofer Box
- Polk Audio DB675 6-3/4" 2-way speakers
- EFX Amplifier Wiring Kits
- 460 Python Responder System
- DJM Lowering Kit 3" Front Control Arms with 4" Rear Lowering Blocks
- VD Vertical Door Kit
- Projector Headlights modified with 100MM CCFL Halos and Hid Kit
- Depo LED Taillights and Smoked LED Cab mount third Brake light
- EFX Rollpan
- Street Scene shaved tailgate handle relocation kit
- Aluminum Polished Grille with Chrome Chevy Bowtie
- KMC Dime 20 X 8.5 Rims With Nitto 420S 255/45 R20
- Gibson Extreme Dual side exit Catback Exhaust
Wanted to upgrade my system but also wanted to do the work myself. I started with just a head unit swap out and things just took off from there. Had to swapout the stock door speakers, they just weren't doing the job. Added a 4 channel amp to boost power and then added subs with an amp. Had to pull out all the seats in my crew cab to get the amps and subs in but made the installation way easier.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
Stock system just wasn't doing the job.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
The DVD feature on the Jensen Head unit and also the IPOD touchscreen controls via the Jensen media interface.
Why did you choose these products?
It's a tie between vehicle fitment and price. (Free shipping, even to Hawaii.)
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Cabling after the sun went down and using flashlights to get the job done. (Poor time management on my part.)
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
More monitors maybe, with a gaming system. Also want to do an air suspension system.
|Jensen Head Unit
|Kenwood Amp under Passenger seat
Profile Amp under Driver seat
|Sub Box with 8" Polk MOMOs under rear seat