Keith M's 2004 Pontiac Sunfire
- Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD DVD receiver
- Pioneer TS-G4642R 4"x6" 2-way car speakers
- Dual BP1204 Illuminite bandpass enclosure with two 12" subwoofers
- Dual XiA3145 2-channel car amplifier - 100 watts RMS x 2
- StreetWires Power Station PSK08Bi 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit with patch cable
- Scosche 500k Capacitor
- Stinger 2 x SPD510 3 way power distribution block (with LED)
Installation was simple, thanks to Crutchfield's easy MasterSheet. There is much more to do, but it's fun to do. Still working on hidding the wires, and sound proofing. I added more LEDs to the amp/cap/blocks. Added an LED between switch and AMP.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
It was finally time to upgrade, started blowing basic speakers. More power is always a good thought.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
Bandpass box with LED, or the Pioneer receiver.
Why did you choose these products?
More price than anything; I did a lot of research before buying. I wasn't going out to blow the windows off, or have every other car around mine rolling up their windows. I went more for feeling of bass.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
The receiver with the new antenna adapter doesn't fit perfectly, so it took a little work to get in.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Dynamat, LED's, more power.
|Pioneer AVH41000-DVD receiver using USB
|Bandpass Dual box - 2 x 12" subs
|AMP - Before LED
|AMP - with LED
|LED in cap / 3 way Block