About the Yamaha YDS-11SL
Place your iPod in the YDS-11SL dock and enjoy your digital music collection with superior Yamaha sound quality. The dock connects to your compatible Yamaha audio/video receiver with a single control cable, letting you operate your iPod with the receiver's remote. View your photos and videos on a TV and browse your iPod's menu on-screen for easier navigation.
- for all docking iPods, including 160GB iPod classic, 3nd generation iPod touch, and 5th generation iPod nano
- works with select Yamaha receivers and Digital Sound Projectors
- on-screen menu
- video output through control cable
- allows iPod control with Yamaha remotes
- charges most iPods while docked (will not charge 2nd generation iPod touch or curved screen iPod nano
- control cable included
- 3-3/16"W x 1-5/16"H x 3-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # YDS11SL
What's in the box:
- Yamaha iPod dock
- 3 iPod adapter inserts
- 6.5' Dock cable (proprietary plugs on each end)
- Owner's manual (Eng/Ge/Fre/ Ita/Spa/Du/Rus/Swe/Chi/ Kor/Jap)
- Warranty information
Customer reviews for Yamaha YDS-11SL
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha YDS-11SL
Product Overview: The YDS-11SL iPod dock provides an interface between select iPods with a dock connector and select Yamaha audio-video components and systems. Yamaha components with a universal dock jack are compatible. Once an iPod is docked in the YDS-11SL, you can control it using the Yamaha unit's wireless remote control. The iPod's battery is charged when docked. The dock allows you to view digital photos and video stored on select iPods on your TV. All text information can be displayed on your TV.
Yamaha Component Compatibility: The YDS-11SL is compatible with Yamaha receivers having the universal dock jack.
iPod Compatibility: The YDS-11SL includes three plastic adapter inserts, which will accommodate 4th generation iPods (20GB, 30GB, 40GB, 60GB) and iPod mini (4GB, 6GB). Adapters for 5th generation iPods and newer are included with the iPod itself. This add-on dock is "Made for iPod compatible" and supports the following iPod model functions when used with a compatible Yamaha AV receiver (as of Dec. 2009):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control||Display||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote Control||iPod||Song Info||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
On-Screen Display Remote Control Operation: The YDS-11SL offers on-screen display to operate your iPod using the remote control included with your Yamaha receiver.
Note: On-screen display information and audio/video signals from your docked iPod are transferred to your compatible Yamaha receiver through the included dock cable, and then to your television via monitor output (composite video only).
Connectors: The YDS-11SL Dock has the following connections:
- Top of Unit: iPod dock connector
- Back of Unit: Dock cradle terminal
The Yamaha YDS-11SL replaces these items
- For use with select Yamaha receivers
- plays audio and video from older docking iPods; plays audio only from iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod touch
- allows control with Yamaha remote