About the Jensen CMR2720
Banish those tiny buttons to the past. It's a touchscreen world now, and Jensen's CMR2720 multimedia receiver provides an easy to use 7" display at a reasonable price. Manage your music sources, make hands-free calls, and do much more — it's a breeze thanks to big, easy-to-read icons. Plus, the voice assistant button on the front panel gives you an instant connection to Siri®; or Google Assistant™, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
Bluetooth® and beyond
The CMR2720 boasts built-in Bluetooth® for audio streaming. Pair your smartphone and all your favorite music streams, online radio, and podcasts will be at your command. And you can rock your favorite radio stations with this Jensen, while the addition of a front-panel USB input and microSD card slot offers a convenient way to listen to your favorite music. If you're into video, you can also view compatible video while the car is parked and the parking brake is engaged. Plus, a pair of camera inputs let you add front and rear cams for a little more safety when you're driving.
Build a bigger system
The CMR2720's 7-band EQ brings out the best in your tunes. And if you want to build a killer system, use the three sets of preamp outputs to connect an amp or powered sub.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 7" capacitive touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- dedicated voice-assist button
- compatible with Jensen Smart app (iOS and Android)
- plays USB and microSD card memory devices
- plays MP3 files
- 7 band equalizer and 7 preset EQ curves
- inputs: front USB port, front microSD card slot, front aux input (minijack), rear A/V input (RCA), front- and rear-view camera inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front/rear/subwoofer), video output (RCA)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (16 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # CMR2720
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver (10A fuse)
- Trim-ring (pre-installed)
- Wiring harness
- 8 Pan-head ISO-screws
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO screws
- Quick Start Guide
Customer reviews for Jensen CMR2720
Average review:4.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Jensen CMR2720
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||2.1A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Screen Type||Basic (Resistive)|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Simple Intuitive Control
7" Touchsreen Monitor: The Jensen CMR2720 features a 7" touchscreen LCD monitor with LED backlit and a resolution of 1024x600 (614,400 total pixels). The 7" touchscreen monitor makes it is easy to see and navigate the in-dash receiver. You can select between 3 different preset wallpapers (backgrounds). You can also adjust the screen brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness.
- Hard-Key Controls: In addition to touchscreen controls, the head unit features a 3-way rotary knob and 3 push-buttons along the left edge of the screen. The 3-way rotary knob controls Power, Volume, and Mute. There are two push-buttons that operate Previous/Next Track and Fast Forward/Reverse function. The other push-button activates "Push-To-Talk" and voice dial.
- Video Lock Out: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the head unit's pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Push-To-Talk Voice Assistant: When connected via Bluetooth to an iPhone with Siri or Android smartphone with Google Assistant or Bixby, you can access the mobile device's digital voice assistant through the Jensen receiver by pressing the "Push-to-Talk" button on the front-panel. You'll speak your command into the head unit's front-panel microphone and the digital voice assistant will be heard through your vehicle's speakers (music playback will be attenuated). Compatible digital voice assistant functions include hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more. You'll be able to ask your digital voice assistant get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your compatible smartphone. The head unit's audio is attenuated while the digital voice assistant provides voice prompts.
J-Link Smart Remote App: The J-Link Smart Remote app (for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 5.0+) lets you use your compatible smartphone or tablet device like a wireless remote control for the Jensen CMR2720. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device will need to be wirelessly connected to the digital multimedia receiver via Bluetooth. Control functions include -
- Power On/Off
- Volume Up/Down
- Source Selection
- Playback & Tuning
- Audio Settings
Optional Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (see Accessories tab).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen CMR2720 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.1+EDR, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Hands-Free Communication (w/ integrated mic): The CMR2720 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The unit's front-panel integrated microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can increase or decrease the volume level of a call, using the head unit's rotary knob on the front panel. You can also transfer calls between the receiver and your Bluetooth enabled phone.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number or assigned contact name will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds. Any audio playback will be muted during a call. You can even reject an incoming call using the CMR2720, so the call will revert to your phone's voice mail.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also make a call from your phone's transferred phonebook (manually transferred) using the Jensen's CMR2720 touchscreen. In addition, you can use the receiver's call log (which consists of dialed numbers, received call, and missed calls) to make a call from the CMR2720's touchscreen. If your phone supports voice recognition, you can even use your voice to dial a number from your contacts.
Note: The unit does not come with an external microphone and does not support connection of an external mic.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen CMR2720 allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the CMR2720. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit will also display song/artist information (no album art) from a connected Bluetooth audio device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB & MicroSD Card Playback
USB Port: The Jensen CMR2720 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumb drive. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files loaded onto a USB MSC device. You'll be able to control your music tracks and view song/artist/album display from the head unit's touchscreen. The USB port (5V/2.1A) will also charge USB enabled devices, such as your smartphone.
Note: The head unit's USB port does not support, Apple iOS devices, Android OS devices, USB hubs, or card readers.
microSD Card Slot: The Jensen CMR2720 is also equipped with a front-panel microSD card slot for connection of a microSD card (up to 64GB). The unit supports playback of MP3 music files loaded onto a microSD card. You'll be able to control your music tracks and view song/artist/album display from the head unit's touchscreen.
Playback Control: The CMR2720 provides various playback & search functions to find and enjoy your MP3 music files on your USB MSC device or microSD card. Playback functions include Play/Pause & Random/Repeat. Search functions include Folder/File List & Previous/Next Track.
Song/Artist/Album Display: The Jensen CMR2720 will even display artist name, song title and album title (including album art). It also displays the elapsed playing time of a song or track of your music stored on a USB MSC device or microSD card.
MP3 Compatibility: The head unit supports MP3 music files (8-320kbps; 8-48kHz) stored on a USB MSC device or microSD memory card formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 2000 files, 200 folders, and 2000 files per folder.
Audio & Tuner Section
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the CMR2720 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
2V/6Ch Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The Jensen CMR2720 is equipped with six 2.0-volt pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading. The CMR2720 also offers Subwoofer Control with an adjustable low-pass crossover filter (Off/80/120/160Hz) and separate level control (0-15) for the unit's mono-Sub pre-out.
Equalizer: The Jensen head unit offers 7 EQ presets (Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Flat, & User) that can be easily selected to tailor the sound to your genre of music. The User preset allows you to manually adjust the receiver's 7-band EQ (60, 160, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 15k Hz), so you can further fine-tune the sound to match your music content and preference. EQ settings are saved globally.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at lower volume.
AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band. The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
Note: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
AV + Camera Connectivity
AV Inputs: The Jensen CMR2720 is equipped with an Aux input (on side of touchscreen monitor) that consists of a 3.5mm jack for connection of an external portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog output. The Aux input only supports audio playback (not video compatible). There is also a rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video and stereo RCA jacks for connecting an external audio/video source (Parking Brake must be applied to view video on-screen).
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output will display whatever image is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. This includes the warning "Video Is Disabled For Your Safety" when trying to watch video from a USB device, microSD card, or AV input without the vehicle's parking brake engaged. You will need to engage the vehicle's parking brake to see video from these sources through the head units' video output.
Dual Camera Inputs: The Jensen CMR2720 is outfitted with two camera inputs; one backup camera input and one front camera input.
- Backup Camera Input: The backup camera input consists of a composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rearview camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is automatically displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (violet/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic rearview video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds.
- Front Camera Input: In addition to the backup camera input, the CMR2720 features a front camera input that consists of a composite video RCA jack and allows you to connect a front camera or dash camera (sold separately). The front camera input can be accessed from the touchscreen monitor's on-screen menu. The front camera input will display on the digital media receiver's LCD monitor and remain on display until you deactivate the front camera input.
The Jensen CMR2720 replaces these items
- 6.8" touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays MP3 and WMA files on USB
21 questions already asked