About the IsoTek EVO3 Sequel
Cables informed by deep AC power expertise
Cables informed by deep AC power expertise
When I learned that we'd be adding IsoTek's well-engineered power cables to our mix, I gave my forehead a smack. It was exciting news, but I'd recently upgraded the key power cable in my system, and while it definitely improved several aspects of the overall sound quality, I'd have delayed my purchase until I could check out IsoTek's designs.
The EVO3 Sequel uses high-purity "six 9s" oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors that are plated with silver for improved conductivity. The conductors are in a parallel construction with a slight rotational twist which provides the first line of defense against radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic (EMI) interference.
Recently, we heard a convincing demonstration in our training room of how effective IsoTek's power cables can be at lowering a system's noise floor, and increasing clarity and bass definition. Sequel is a major sonic upgrade from free-in-the-box power cords, and provides a smoother, more refined sound compared to IsoTek's lower-priced power cables. Sequel is recommended for high-quality CD and Blu-ray players, preamps and phono preamps, low- to mid-powered amplifiers, music servers, and more.
Where to start when upgrading power cords
The EVO3 Sequel works with most components that have a detachable, three-pole IEC power cord. Some devices respond more noticeably than others to a better power cable. Opinions vary, but here's how I would prioritize upgrading your power cords:
- source (CD player, DAC, phono preamp)
- power amplifier, powered speakers
- preamp or A/V pre-pro, power conditioner
- powered subwoofer
IsoTek is an English company that has been building award-winning power conditioners and power cables for over 15 years, enhancing high-performance stereo and home theater systems around the world.
- 3-prong connector for wall outlet, 3-pole IEC "C13" connector for component
- three silver-plated 99.9999% oxygen-free copper (OFC) conductors offer enhanced conductivity
- parallel construction with slight rotational twist rejects radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic (EMI) interference
- FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) Teflon insulation around each of the three conductors
- Mylar wrap improves common mode noise rejection
- grounded OFC braid shield enhances RFI rejection, preventing common mode noise from affecting the hot and neutral conductors
- molded audiophile-grade OFC connectors feature 24k gold plating
- maximum current capacity: 16 amps
- strong, flexible PVC jacket
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # ISOTEK EVO3 SEQUEL C13
What's in the box:
- 2.0-meter EVO3 Sequel power cable (silver) with C-13 and US 3-pin plugs
- IsoTek product brochure
Customer reviews for IsoTek EVO3 Sequel
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the IsoTek EVO3 Sequel
Overview: IsoTek EVO3 Sequel power cables are designed to replace the cheap power cables that are included in the box of most audio/video components. Sequel power cables use upgraded conductor geometry (over the Premier series), and high quality materials to deliver outstanding performance with a dramatic reduction of noise. These cables are recommended for CD players, music servers, preamps, DACs, small to medium power amplifiers, and many other home electronics. This EVO3 Sequel power cable is 2.0 meters (6'-7") in length, with a standard US 3-pin plug and an IEC C-13 connector.
Construction: EVO3 Sequel power cables feature three parallel conductors that are precisely wound inside the jacket with a slight rotational twist to reject RFI and EMI noise. The individual parts of the cable include:
- Conductors: The three conductors (2 sqcm) are made of silver-plated, 99.9999% OFC (oxygen-free copper) to provide exceptional conductivity.
- Dielectric: Each conductor has a Teflon FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) dialectric. This chemically inert insulation provides an excellent shielding over a wide frequency range. FEP is low in friction, but highly resistant to cracks due to stress, making it a safe insulation from temperature extremes.
- Filler: Spaces around the conductors are filled with multi-strand cotton, which gives the cable internal strength. It also provides additional insulation, and reduces contact noise that may introduce unwanted electrical noise.
- Wrap: The three conductors are wrapped with mylar prior to applying the outer jacket. The mylar wrap and cotton filler secure the construction, and form a barrier shield with the PVC jacket to maintain the cable's exceptional dielectric properties.
- Shield: An earthed OFC braided shield provides maximum rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI), and prevents Common Mode noise from effecting the live and neutral conductors.
- Jacket: The highly flexible PVC outer jacket makes the cable easier to handle, and provides additional strength.
- Terminals: IsoTek power cables are terminated with audiophile-grade molded connectors with solid OFC (90% copper / 10% zinc) and 24ct gold-plated conductors. Gold-plated conductors provide a high level of conductivity, and are less likely to tarnish over time.
- Conductor Material: Silver-plated 99.9999% OFC (oxygen-free copper)
- Dielectric Constance: 2.1
- Power Rating: 16 Amp
- Cable Length: 2.0 meters (6'-7")
- Cable Outer Diameter: 10mm (0.4")
- Connectors: Standard US 3-pin plug -- IEC C-13 connector
- Connector Diameter: 1.449"