About the Bose® F1 Subwoofer
Bose has always been known for delivering impressive sound quality from their compact products, and their first move into the portable PA market immediately found a ready clientele for a loud, clean, and easily-transported sound system. Now they've created the F1 system to give you something even better. Their F1 powered subwoofer enclosure gives you Bose's famed sound quality in a powerful package that'll fit in the back seat of your car.
Made to work
The F1 enclosure is built around two 10" Bose subwoofers. Its Class D amplifier drives the subs with 1000 watts, giving the enclosure up to 130 dB of output. Amplifier controls include phase switching and a switchable high-pass filter for the line outputs, giving you additional control over your sound. The sub's LED indicators monitor power on status, thermal fault, clipping, and built-in limiter functions. The wood cabinet features high-impact composite end caps to help protect against damage, while the enclosure's built-in handles make transport easier.
The F1 subwoofer enclosure is designed for use with Bose's F1 Model 812 flexible array PA speaker (sold separately), creating a portable, full-range PA that excels in a variety of environments. A built-in speaker stand allows you to connect the F1 sub and the Model 812 speaker stack into a single, stable unit, creating an extremely portable, full-range PA that excels in a variety of environments.. From live music and DJs to houses of worship and work presentations, the Bose F1 system will give you the clarity and depth you're looking for.
- powered PA subwoofer for use with Bose's F1 Model 812 flexible array PA speaker
- two 10" woofers
- 1000-watt Class D amplifier
- phase switch
- built-in speaker stand
- line output switchable high-pass filter
- inputs: 2 XLR/TRS
- outputs: 2 XLR
- maximum output level: 130 dB SPL
- frequency response: 40-100 Hz (-3 dB)
- dimensions: 27"W x 16-1/8"H x 17-5/8"D
- weight: 57 pounds
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 731444-1110
What's in the box:
- F1 Subwoofer
- AC Power cord
- Owner's manual
Customer reviews for Bose® F1 Subwoofer
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose® F1 Subwoofer
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||40-250|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1000|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" Combo jacks|
Overview: The Bose F1 Subwoofer is a self-powered subwoofer designed to provide the performance of a larger subwoofer system while remaining compact enough to be portable. The F1 Subwoofer is ideal for live music performances, mobile DJs, houses of worship, schools and universities, business presentations, and more.
Amp and Drivers: The F1 Subwoofer features two 10" high-excursion woofer drivers mounted in a compact, ported enclosure and powered by a built-in 1000 watt amplifier. The F1's unique enclosure provides maximum bass output while its compact design keeps it light and easy to transport.
Inputs and Outputs: The F1 Subwoofer's rear panel features 2 Line Inputs and 2 Line Outputs:
- Inputs 1&2: Each of the two inputs consists of an XLR/1/4" combo jack that can accept unbalanced line-level signals.
- Line Outputs 1&2: Two balanced male XLR jacks provide balanced line-level "thru" signals (pre-volume control) from each one's corresponding Input jack. These can be sent to additional powered loudspeakers or subwoofers.
Controls and Indicators: Along with both inputs and outputs, the loudspeaker's rear panel includes the AC power input, Power On/Off switch, and the following controls and indicators:
- Volume: Adjusts the subwoofer's output level.
- Line Output EQ: Determines whether the Line Output
signals will be high-passed or not. Options include:
- Thru: No filtering is done to the output signal.
- HPF: Engages a 100Hz high-pass filter to the Line Output signals.
- Polarity: 2-Way switch with selections of Norm and Rev (reverse).
- Front LED: This 3-position switch determines how the front-panel
Power LED will function.
- Power: Enables front LED to indicate power status.
- Limit: Engages a limiting display on the front LED.
- Off: Turns off the front-panel LED.
- LED Indicators (rear-panel):
- Power/Fault: Blue = power on. Red = fault condition.
- Limit: Lights amber when the system is limiting the signal (protection mode).
- Signal/Clip: Each Input includes its own Signal/Clip LED: Green = signal present, Red = signal
Portability: The F1 Subwoofer features built-in carry-handles both on top and on back of the speaker for easy portability.
Paired System: The F1 Subwoofer can be used in conjunction with other full-range loudspeakers, but provides ideal performance when paired with an optional Bose F1 Model 812 Flexible Array powered loudspeaker (sold separately). The F1 Subwoofer features a built-in speaker stand that can be affixed to the top of the sub, providing a raised mount for the F1 Model 812 enclosure to sit securely on. A cable channel on both sides of the stand allow cabling for the F1 Model 812 to be hidden from view.
- System Type: Self-powered, subwoofer
- Total System Power: 1000W
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 40Hz - 250Hz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 38Hz - 250Hz
- Nominal Dispersion: Omni-directional
- Maximum SPL @1m: 130dB SPL
- Crossover Frequency: 40 and 100Hz Butterworth bandpass, 100Hz 4th order Butterworth HPF on Line Outputs.
- Distortion at Rated Power: 0.1% Max (30Hz - 15kHz)
- Drivers: 2 x 10" High-excursion woofer drivers
- Input Channels: 2
- Input Connectors: (2) XLR/1/4" combo jack (Line-level)
- Line Output: Balanced XLR (pre-volume)
- Enclosure: Wood cabinet with high-impact composite end-caps
- Grille: Powder-coated perforated steel
- Universal Power Supply: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: Width - 16.3", Height - 27.1", Depth - 17.8"
- Net Weight: 55 lbs.
2 questions already asked