About the Kicker 11DX250.1
You want power for your subs. But Kicker DX amplifiers give you something extra — clean power. Kicker's FIT™ — Fail-Safe Integration Technology — rejects noise from alternators, audio/video gear, and other car electronics for crisp, clean operation. An inexpensive optional adapter lets this amplifier accept output from factory radios too, so you can hook up the DX250.1 to almost any car.
Delivers up to 250 watts
The DX250.1 mono amp sends 250 watts RMS to your 2-ohm sub, or 140 watts to a 4-ohm sub. The built-in low-pass filter sends only the notes below 80 Hz to your sub, while the subsonic filter removes the super-low frequencies that your sub can't play. A bass boost lets you add some extra bump in your music, and you can add an optional remote bass boost for driver's seat control. You'll also find the set of preamp outputs handy for getting signal to another amp in your system.
Team this amp with Kicker subs and save
Take away the worry of picking the right subs. This Kicker bass package adds a pair of 12" Comp Kicker subs to the amp, while this bass package adds a single 12" Comp sub.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 140 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- low-pass filter (80 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boost (0, 9 dB at 40 Hz)
- frequency response: 25-80 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (optional wire adapter required for speaker-level inputs)
- preamp outputs for connection to another amp
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 15A x 2
- 10-5/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- MFR # 11DX2501
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 15-Amp ATO blade fuses (2 installed)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 4-Gauge crimp-on spade connectors
- Four 12-Gauge crimp-on spade connectors
- One 18-Gauge crimp-on spade connector
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
Customer reviews for Kicker 11DX250.1
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kicker 11DX250.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
140 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||250 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-80 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||+9 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over the full frequency range of the amp with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels at a reference of 1 watt. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on equal footing. Measured under CEA-2006 conditions the Kicker DX250.1 is rated at 140 watts RMS x 1 channel into a 4-ohm load and the signal to noise ratio is 75 dB. Additional specs listed in the manual (but not listed as CEA-2006 compliant) include 250 watts RMS x 1 channel into a 2-ohm load (measured using a 14.4 volt power supply with no more than 1% THD+N) and 95 dB signal-to-noise ratio (measured at the rated power output).
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage measured from the amplifier in the box, along with the model number, serial number, test date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: the amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker-level source)
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected
Protection Circuitry: The DX250.1 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (over 16 volt input), under voltage (under 10 volt input), and short circuit (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the left side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Speaker-level Input: High-level inputs can be used when the source device doesn't have preamp level outputs. The same RCA inputs on the amp are used for either speaker-level or line-level connections. When a speaker-level signal is used, a speaker wire to RCA adapter is needed (item number 20609ZiSL, sold separately) and the Input Level switch should be set to High.
Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT): FIT utilizes isolated differential inputs, rejecting noise and electrical interference for the quietest operation possible. FIT also allows Kicker amps to accept output from nearly any factory or aftermarket head unit.
Auto Turn-On: Three position switch; choose +12 V, DC Offset, or Audio.
Input Level: Set the two position switch to High (for speaker level) or Low (for line level).
Gain: The input gain is continuously variable, labeled 0 to 11. The gain range is governed by the input level switch; 250mV to 10V for speaker level and 125mV to 5V for line level.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a 9 dB signal boost centered at 40 Hz; the bass boost is manually turned on or off.
Subsonic Filter: Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by the subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations causing distortion; these frequencies also waste amplifier power and can damage speakers. The subsonic filter removes inaudible frequencies to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating this harmful distortion. The 24 dB/octave subsonic filter's crossover point is 25 Hz.
Crossover: The internal low pass crossover is always active (it cannot be bypassed). The crossover point is 80 Hz and the slope is 24 dB/octave.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.33" wide
- GND (ground): screw terminal; accepts spade connector up to 0.5" wide
- Speaker Outputs: screw terminals; accept spade connectors up to 0.32" wide; there are terminals for two subwoofers, internally shorted together
- Fuses: two 15-amp ATO fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Inputs: one pair of gold-plated RCA jacks, used for line level or speaker level inputs
- RCA Outputs: one pair of gold-plated RCA outputs; useful for adding another amp
- Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack (phone type plug) for use with the an optional ZXRC remote bass level control
The Kicker 11DX250.1 replaces these items