About the Revel Concerta2 B10
Exceptional performance from a powerful mid-sized sub
Exceptional performance from a powerful mid-sized sub
It may seem counterintuitive, but one way to tell a mediocre subwoofer from a great one is that you can easily pinpoint the location of the mediocre model, while it's nearly impossible to know where the good one is located. That's because a high-quality subwoofer can blend clear, effortlessly musical bass into your audio system. The Revel Concerta2 B10 has what it takes to hit this benchmark, and more.
The B10 reproduces deep, realistic bass with very low distortion — even at the lowest frequencies and at high output levels. Its 10" front-firing woofer and mighty 800-watt amplifier are a potent combination.
The Revel Concerta2 B10 packs an incredible 800-watt RMS amplifier into a relatively compact enclosure (shown in High Gloss Black).
Part of the B10's excellent sound is attributed to its meticulous build quality. It uses medium-density fiberboard (MDF) walls and extensive internal bracing to reduce cabinet-induced colorations.
Rubber padded feet are attached to the bottom of the cabinet for optimal stability, accommodating installations on any floor surface.
Latest-generation port design
The Concerta2 series uses a patented Constant Pressure Gradient (CPG) technology in the port design. The inner wall of the port is contoured, allowing the change in pressure along the axis of the port from inlet to outlet duct to stay constant. This design allows more consistent performance at different volume levels, and it helps keep output high and distortion low.
The Concerta2 B10 features parametric room equalization controls that let you fine-tune your subwoofer's sound.
Optimize bass response for your room
Nearly all powered subwoofers give you level and crossover adjustments. But a scarce few provide any real hands-on control of the sound beyond that. That's because sophisticated EQ and slope adjustments are difficult and expensive to implement. Revel considers these an essential part of the subwoofer experience.
On the B10's back panel you'll find parametric room equalization controls that let you fine-tune the sound for your system and for your room. The really cool part? You get free lifetime tech support with your sub purchase from Crutchfield, so we can help you dial things in to get the best sound.
Tested by instrument and by ear
Revel's world-class speaker design and testing facility features an anechoic chamber and the latest high-tech measurement gear. But some of their most critical test instruments are the ears of their trained listening panel. When working on a new design, Revel's engineers set up a series of controlled auditions comparing their design to several competing speakers.
Speakers under comparison sit on a rotating platform, and each model is moved into the identical position by a computer-controlled belt drive system. An acoustically transparent screen hides the speakers from the listeners to avoid visual bias. These double-blind listening tests provide an essential reality check, and help the engineers correlate measurements with what listeners actually hear and prefer.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman's state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- built-in 800-watt Class D amplifier
- front-firing 10" woofer with coated fiber-composite cone
- ported (bass-reflex) enclosure
- rear-firing port with Constant Pressure Gradient technology for increased output and reduced distortion
- continuously variable volume control
- continuously variable low-pass crossover (50-150 Hz)
- single-band parametric room equalization, with controls for frequency, bandwidth, and EQ level
- low-frequency extension: 35Hz (-3dB), 32Hz (-6dB), 29Hz (-10dB)
- phase switch (0°, 180°)
- RCA line-level/LFE inputs
- power switch and auto power-on/standby
- 16-1/2"W x 14-7/8"H x 15-1/2"D
- weight: 53 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # B10BK
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Spike feet
- Owner's Manual
Customer reviews for Revel Concerta2 B10
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Revel Concerta2 B10
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Composition||Anodized aluminum|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||800|
|Frequency Response||35-150 Hz|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA/LFE|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-150Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Powered Sub: The Revel by Harman Concerta2 B10 is designed to provide powerful and clear low frequency response. Featuring a 10" woofer with 1.5" (26mm) peak-to-peak excursion and powered by a 800-watt Class-D amplifier, the B10 subwoofer reproduces deep, realistic bass with very low distortion, even at the lowest frequencies and high output levels. It will add essential bass response to any music or home theater system.
800W Class-D Amplifier: The Concerta2 B10 powered sub's 10" woofer is driven by a built-in 800 Watt (RMS)/1600 Watt (Peak) Class-D amplifier that delivers ample power and dynamic bass.
10" Anodized-Aluminum Woofer: The 10" woofer utilizes an anodized-aluminum cone with rubber surround and advanced motor structure in a cast-frame basket for long excursion capability and great strength at high output levels. By repositioning the voice coil in the woofer, Revel engineers discovered they could improve the symmetry of the woofer displacement and thereby lower distortion. The 2.6" (50.8mm) copper voice coil is wound on a Kapton bobbin for impressive power handling and freedom from compression. Revel engineers also adjusted the spider progression to greatly improve the symmetry and as a result, lowered distortion. The spider incorporates a superior-strength Corex/cotton blend with optimized geometry for increased linearity. A vented center pole facilitates heat dissipation, allowing more efficient high-power handling and low compression.
Constant Pressure Gradient (CPG) Port Design: The Concerta2 B10 uses a patented Constant Pressure Gradient (CPG) technology in the port design. These new ports are designed such that the inner wall of the port is contoured, allowing the change in pressure along the axis of the port from inlet to outlet duct to be kept substantially constant. This design reduces the compression, or change in sound at different volumes that result from other port designs, and optimizes both the output capability and distortion. The port is located on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
MDF Enclosure: The B10's cabinet consists of medium-density fiberboard (MDF) walls and extensive internal bracing to reduce cabinet-induced colorations. Rubber padded feet are attached to the bottom of the cabinet for optimal stability, accommodating installations on any floor surface. The sub enclosure is available in a high gloss black or white finish.
Input Connections: The B10 powered subwoofer input connectors are located on the rear-panel. The B10's input connectors consist of stereo RCA jacks to connect the LFE or subwoofer output of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. There is no dedicated LFE input, so you can use either the left or right input to make connection to your receiver's LFE output. If you are using an AV receiver with an LFE output which has the low pass crossover set in the receiver, make sure to set the B10's low pass crossover to the "LFE" position.
Rear-Panel Controls: The Concerta2 B10's adjustable controls allow you to optimize the subwoofer' s performance in any system and listening room. All controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Subwoofer Gain: The Subwoofer Gain sets the output level of the powered sub in relation to your system's left and right front speakers, so the subwoofer blends smoothly and integrates seamlessly with your speaker system. Setting the level too high results in an overpowering bass response, while setting the level too low negates the benefits of the B10 subwoofer.
- Low Pass Crossover: The B10 is equipped with a variable 50-150Hz (24db/octave) low pass crossover, which determines the highest frequency at which the powered subwoofer reproduces sound. Set the crossover to a lower frequency setting (50-100Hz) when using larger main loudspeakers that can comfortably reproduce some low-frequency sound. Set the crossover to a higher frequency (100-150Hz) for smaller bookshelf loudspeakers that do not extend to the lower bass frequencies. If the low pass crossover is set too high, the bass sounds "boomy" and can overpower the overall sound of the listening room. If the low pass crossover is set too low, some low frequency sound may be difficult to hear, or may be absent altogether.
- Equalization: The Equalization controls (Frequency, Bandwidth, EQ Level) optimize the subwoofer's response for your specific listening room. Select which single frequency band (32-100Hz) to adjust at what bandwidth (0.1-0.6Q) and level (-12 to +3dB). Specific measurement equipment is required to properly adjust the Equalization controls.
- Phase Switch: The B10 features a Phase Switch that can be set to 0° or 180°. Proper phase adjustment can depend on variables such as subwoofer placement and listener position. Use this switch to maximize bass output at the primary listening position.
Auto Power On/Off: The Concerta2 B10 will automatically power on when it detects an audio signal. It will automatically enter standby mode if no audio signal is detected for approximately 10 minutes. There is also a main Power on/off switch located on the back of the subwoofer.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The B10 powered sub features four integrated rubber feet for placement on hardwood, vinyl, laminate, and ceramic tile flooring. Four spiked feet are also included for placement on carpeted floors. The spikes screw into the the rubber feet on the bottom of the cabinet. The B10 measures 16.9375" tall with the spike feet installed, and 16.5" without the spikes installed.
Placement: When installing a powered subwoofer, be prepared to experiment with different locations to find the one that produces the best results throughout your room's seating area. Careful subwoofer placement can significantly reduce the peaks and dips in bass response. Using two powered subwoofers can eliminate these peaks and dips in bass response.
Position-Independent, Double-Blind Listening Tests: Every Revel by Harman loudspeaker is compared head-to-head with competitors' models in a position-independent, double-blind listening facility. True research-quality processes assure the validity of the listening tests, which employ the latest psychoacoustic research.