About the Simplified MFG EXMICRO2
Extend an HDMI signal across a long distance
Extend an HDMI signal across a long distance
The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2 extender system lets you send an HD or Ultra HD video signal across a long distance. This package includes a transmitter and a receiver unit, which together send audio and video from one point to another through CAT-6 Ethernet cable.
These units support HDCP 2.2, the copy protection system used with 4K content. They can also pass HDR (High Dynamic Range) encoded content for state-of-the-art picture quality. This system is ideal for connecting an A/V receiver to an overhead projector or wall-mounted TV without using an ultra-long HDMI cable.
- audio/video signal extender system
- send audio and video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- includes an HDMI-to-CAT-6 transmitter and a CAT-6-to-HDMI receiver
- supports 1080p and 4K Ultra HD video transmission
- 1080p up to 70 meters/229 feet
- 4K up to 50 meters/164 feet
- HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0b compliant
- supports HDR-encoded content
- supports a broad range of audio formats, including stereo PCM, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
- support for smart EDID ("HDMI handshake") management
Power and control:
- IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands
- included AC power supply can be used with either unit
- the receiver provides power for the transmitter via Power over Ethernet (PoE), or vice versa
- eliminates the need for a separate AC power connection at both locations
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-1/2"W x 3/4"H x 2-7/16"D (each)
- weight: 5.7 oz. (transmitter), 5.5 oz. (receiver)
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # EXMICRO2
What's in the box:
- HDMI-to-Ethernet Transmitter
- Ethernet-to-HDMI Receiver
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- AC plug insert
- IR receiver (attached 58" cable terminated by stereo 3.5mm male connector)
- IR blaster (attached 58" cable terminated by stereo 3.5mm male connector)
- 4 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- User Manual
Customer reviews for Simplified MFG EXMICRO2
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Simplified MFG EXMICRO2
HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2 is a HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit, consisting of one Transmitter unit and one Receiver unit. The Transmitter unit is responsible for transmitting the HDMI input signal from your connected source component via one Cat6 cable, while the Receiver is responsible for receiving the HDMI audio/video signal and passing it along to your connected display monitor or TV. The EXMICRO2 is capable of transmitting a 4K/HDR video signal up to 164' (50m) or a 1080p video signal up to 230' (70M) over a single Cat6 cable.
Note: This unit does not support the Audio Return Channel function (ARC).
HDMI 2.0b (18Gbps): The EXMICRO2 HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit is equipped with one HDMI input and one HDMI output on the Transmitter unit, plus a HDMI output on the Receiver. The HDMI input and outputs meet HDMI 2.0b specifications with support for 18Gbps video bandwidth, 4K @ 60Hz video resolution, HDR (High Dynamic Range), and HDCP 2.2.
- 4K Resolution: Supports video formats up to 4k @ 24/30Hz (RGB / YcbCR 4:4:4 / YCBCR 4:2:2); and up to 4k @ 50/60Hz (YCBCR 4:4:4). It also offers support for 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Supported HDR formats include HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers. Its also backward compatible with HDCP 1.4.
Note: The HDMI output on the Transmitter allows you to output an HDMI audio/video signal to a display monitor or TV in the same room as the Transmitter, or connect to an additional AV distribution device for cascading.
Ethernet (RJ45) Ports: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2 is equipped with one Ethernet (RJ45) output port on its Transmitter and one Ethernet (RJ45) input port on its Receiver. A CAT6 cable will need to be run from the Transmitter to Receiver.
Audio Pass-Through: The EXMICRO2 will pass-through an HDMI audio signal over CAT6 cable with a sampling rate up to 192kHz. Supported HDMI audio formats include LPCM (2/5.1/7.1ch), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital EX; as well as DTS, DTS-EX DTS 96/24, DTS-HD, and DT-HD Master Audio; as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
IR Control: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2 HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit includes one IR receiver and one blaster to transmit IR signals from the Receiver and your connected display back to the Transmitter and your HDMI connected source device.
Power Requirements: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2 comes with a single AC power adapter. The power adapter can be plugged in at the Transmitter or Receiver and will supply power to both units. Make sure the power connection to the unit is made before plugging in the power adapter to AC.
Mounting Options: The EXMICRO2's Transmitter and Receiver can simply be table-top mounted on a flat horizontal surface, or mounted on a wall or to a piece of AV furniture using the included mounting brackets.
4 questions already asked