About the GoldenEar Invisa HTR 8000
Ideal for your in-ceiling home theater
Ideal for your in-ceiling home theater
We don't typically recommend in-ceiling speakers for your home theater's front channels. But GoldenEar's high-tech Invisa HTR 8000 was tailor-made for just such an installation. Its drivers are angled to direct sound out and toward your listening position instead of straight down from the ceiling.
An angled-tweeter design helps direct high frequencies toward you.
Install three of the Invisa HTR 8000s in the ceiling above your TV or projector screen for a wide, seamless front soundstage.
Advanced drivers for high-performance sound
GoldenEar's HVFR™ (High Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter is highly acclaimed among audio aficionados for its detail and transparency. It squeezes the air between the folds of a high-density diaphragm, rather than pushing air like a piston. This design helps the tweeter maintain a wide dispersion pattern and smooth response — all the way up to 35,000 Hz.
A beefy 8" woofer provides detailed midrange and punchy bass. Its extra-strong magnet and proprietary cone shape keep its movement linear and clean. GoldenEar's proprietary MVPP™ (multi-vaned phase plug) controls energy in the center of the driver and minimizes cone diffraction, a form of distortion.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
Who is GoldenEar?
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company's goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar's custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- in-ceiling speaker with angled drivers designed for home theater applications
- 8" cast-basket MVPP mid/bass woofer
- HVFR (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter for natural and revealing highs
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to best match your room's acoustics
- frequency response: 25-35,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 10-300 watts
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic grille provide seamless integration into your décor
Dimensions and warranty:
- cutout diameter: 11-5/8"
- overall diameter: 13-1/4"
- mounting depth: 6"
- weight: 7.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DKTA
What's in the box:
GoldenEar Invisa HTR 8000 owner's manual
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Owner's Manual
- Cut-Out Template
- Cardboard Paint Shield
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the GoldenEar Invisa HTR 8000
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-300|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Focus-Field Technology: When used as Main Left, Center and Right channels, the Invisa HTR 8000 speaker is designed to project a sonic image in front of the listener, even though the speaker is positioned in the ceiling. This is achieved through GoldenEar's FocusField technology with a unique Non-Periodic Waveform (NPW) Diffraction Control and Wave-Launch Construction. The two drivers (HVFR tweeter and 8" woofer) are mounted at precisely calculated angles so that they face the normal listening position for exceptional imaging, superior frequency response, remarkable clarity and precise focus.
- High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter: The HTR 8000 features GoldenEar Technology's High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeter. The HVFR tweeter propagates sound waves and moves the air by squeezing it with its accordion-like pleated diaphragm, rather than pushing it as conventional drivers do. The result is better impedance matching to the air in the room with greater control, smoother more extended response with lower distortion and dramatically improved dynamic range.
- 8" Multi-Vaned Phase Plug (MVPP) Woofer: The HTR 8000 speaker houses a 8" Multi-Vaned Pashe Plug (MVPP) woofer with proprietary computer optimized cone topology, a 1" high-temperature Kapton former voice coil, High-Gauss magnet assembly, and rigid free-flow cast-baskey chassis. The result is an extremely resonance-free, extended linear frequency response.
Complex Multi-Element Crossover Network: A complex multi-element crossover precisely blends the drivers for seamless, precise, and natural sound quality. The advance crossover network also helps the in-ceiling speaker achieve an open, "boxless", three-dimensional (3D) sound that appears to come from across the front wall rather than the ceiling.
High Frequency Equalization (HF EQ): Built-in high frequency equalization helps with integrating the HTR 8000 in-ceiling speaker into your room, regardless of the reflecting and/or absorbing surfaces you may have in your room. The HF EQ has three settings -
- If you have a typical listening room with a balance of reflecting and absorbing surfaces, then start with the HF EQ control in the center position.
- If your listening room is overly "bright" due to many reflective and hard surfaces, then select the "-" position to effectively compensate for this type of room acoustics issue.
- If your listening room is filled with heavy furniture and fabrics or you are sitting fairly far from the speakers, making the sound seem "dull", select the "+" position to compensate for this type of room acoustics issue.
Magnetically Attached Micro-Perf Grille: The Invisa HTR 8000 has a flat, round, magnetically attached micro-perf grille that covers the mounting flange for an attractive, nearly "invisible" look. This low-profile grille only protrudes 0.1875" from the ceiling. The micro-perf grille is white in color, but can be painted to blend in better with the color of your ceiling. An optional square grille is also available (see Accessories Tab).
Spring-Post Terminals: The GoldenEar Technology HTR 8000 in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of high-quality spring-post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Home Theater & Music Applications: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa HTR 8000 in-ceiling speaker is designed to work beautifully in a wide variety of applications. The HTR 8000 can be used as a ceiling-mounted main front left, main front right, center, surround or height speaker in a home theater system; as front left and right stage speakers of a 2ch music setup; or as part of a distributed audio system.
- Front Speaker Setup: The distance from the front speakers to your primary listening area should optimally be between 8' to 20', with the driver array aimed toward the center of the main listening area. The front speakers should form an equilateral triangle with the main listening position.
- Center Speaker Setup: Position the center-channel speaker between the left or right speakers, with the driver array aimed toward the center of the main listening area.
- Surround Speaker Setup: The surround speakers may be located to the side or behind the main listening area. When used on the sides, take care never to locate the speakers forward of the listeners. If the speakers are installed in the rear, it is suggested that they be positioned fairly wide apart if possible. Installation in the rear corners is also a good surround speaker location. Make sure the driver array is aimed at the main listening when used as either rear or side surrounds.
- Height Speaker Setup: The HTR 8000 can also be used as a height channel speaker for the new object-oriented surround formats in rooms with ceilings under 9' high. In this configuration, the speaker is to be located less than 8' from the listening area to preserve the "from above" sound effects.
Mounting & Installation: The Invisa HTR 8000 installs in the ceiling and requires a round, circular cutout that measures 11.625" in diameter and 6.0" in depth. The HTR 8000 in-ceiling speaker should be mounted and installed so the angled driver array is pointed at the main listening position. Four integrated locking-arms secure the speaker to the ceiling. The locking-arms support a 0.25" to 1" thick ceiling surface. Allow at least 0.875" of clearance around the inside edge of the cutout to accommodate the locking arms. Allow at least 0.75" of clearance around the outside edge of the cutout to accommoate the speaker frame and grille. An optional rough-in bracket is available for new construction (see Accessories Tab).
- The speaker is designed for optimum performance for a ceiling height range of 7' to 10' and a seating distance range of 8' to 20' from the seating location; although distances outside this range can still give good results. The taller the ceiling, the further the ideal distance, and vice versa.
- Placing speakers too close to side/back walls will over-emphasize bass and reduce overall clarity. If possible, position speakers at least 12" away from the side and back wall. This will ensure better balanced performance and optimal midrange clarity.
Note: When preparing to install the in-ceiling speaker, pick a location that has the required clearance between ceiling joists. Make sure to check for wiring, conduit, water pipes, HVAC ducts and other obstructions before cutting the installation hole.
Invisa Series: GoldenEar Technology's Invisa Series architectural speakers are engineered to deliver superb state-of-the-art sound quality, designed to blend perfectly with their surroundings and virtually disappear. The Invisa Series consists of three in-ceiling speakers (Invisa 525 / Invisa 600 / Invisa 650), a stereo input in-ceiling speaker (Invisa SP 652), a home theater engineered in-ceiling speaker (HTR 7000 / HTR 8000), a home theater engineered LCR in-wall speaker (SPS), and a home theater engineered surround in-wall speaker (MPX) - all sold separately.