About the Dynaudio Evoke 25C
Lights-out center channel sound
Lights-out center channel sound
Even the most effects-laden blockbuster movie depends on dialogue for much of its drama, nuance, and humor. Dynaudio's Evoke 25C handles the heavy lifting required of a center channel speaker — reproducing all the dialogue, as well as many effects — with precision and poise.
If you're using Evoke floor-standing or bookshelf speakers as your main right and left speakers, the Evoke 25C is simply the best choice for creating a seamless front soundstage.
These woofers don't hold back
All Dynaudio woofers use the company's Magnesium Silicate Polymer (MSP) cone material. It combines low mass, high rigidity, and ideal internal damping, to respond instantly to whatever's happening onscreen. An MSP cone is molded in one piece — what looks like the dust cap is actually part of the playing surface. The Evoke 25C has dual 5-1/2" woofers flanking the tweeter.
The Evoke 25C's enclosure has dual ports in back to provide a bit of extra low-frequency reinforcement. Two foam plugs are included which you can insert in the ports if you prefer that more controlled "sealed-box" bass.
Dynaudio's new Cerotar tweeter borrows from their best
The Evoke 25C features a new version of Dynaudio's renowned soft-dome tweeter, called Cerotar. Its silk dome has a special coating that improves dispersion while eliminating high-frequency breakup.
Dynaudio's engineers also borrowed technologies from the tweeter in the company's cost-no-object Confidence series. The key component is the Hexis — an ingenious inner dome that refines the airflow behind the playing surface to smooth out its frequency response and minimize unwanted resonances.
Both tweeter and woofers use aluminum-wired voice coils that are lighter than traditional copper coils. It lets Dynaudio use more windings in each voice-coil — more windings exert better control over the driver's movement, which lowers distortion. The resulting sound is effortlessly fast, clean, and detailed.
Build a complete Dynaudio system
If you're interested in a voice-matched surround sound system, check out these other Dynaudio models:
Floor-standing speaker: Evoke 30 or Evoke 50
Bookshelf speakers for mains or surrounds: Evoke 10 or Evoke 20
Powered subwoofer: Sub 3
- 2.5-way design
- 1-1/8" Cerotar coated silk soft-dome tweeter
- dual 5-1/2" Esotec+ MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer) cone woofers
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with dual rear-firing ports
- includes foam port plugs for adjusting the speaker's low-frequency performance
- frequency response: 50-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum amplifier power: 200 watts
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals accept bare wire, pin connectors and banana plugs
- removable magnetic grille
- 23-11/16"W x 7-3/16"H x 11-1/16"D
- weight: 26 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (8 years with registration)
- MFR # 907476
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 2 Foam port plugs
- Tweeter protection cover (pre-installed)
- Instructions for Use
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
Customer reviews for Dynaudio Evoke 25C
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dynaudio Evoke 25C
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/2|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Power Range||up to 200|
|Frequency Response||50-23k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5Yr (8Yr registered)|
|Labor Warranty||5Yr (8Yr registered)|
1.1" Cerotar Soft-Dome Tweeter: The Dynaudio Evoke 25C center-channel loudspeaker houses a 1" Cerotar soft-dome tweeter. This precision-coated soft-dome design is derived directly from Dynaudio's award-winning Special Forty and the new Confidence series. Underneath the soft-dome tweeter diaphragm sits an ingenious inner tweeter dome (know as the Hexis) that refines the airflow behind the playing surface to smooth-out its frequency response and eliminate unwanted resonances. The tweeter also incorporates an airflow management system that consists of a rear vented chamber for more precise control and accuracy of high frequencies.
- Precision Coating: The Cerotar tweeter's precision coating is applied in just the right places at just the right density to help the tweeter's frequency response reach north of 20,000Hz without distorting, without delivering unwanted resonances, and without experiencing wavering or compression in its transient response.
- Hexis Design: The Hexis is an inner dome that replaces the felt-ring behind the playing surface of the tweeter, and has been engineered to optimize airflow even further. It has the effect of further smoothing out the tweeter's frequency response and refining resonances - so all you get are the desirable ones.
- Vented Chamber: Behind the diaphragm in the magnet is a new pressure conduit; a specially shaped vent that devotes more space to the rear chamber and controls how the air moves from the back of the diaphragm into that space. The chamber itself, in conjunction with the pressure conduit, helps to reduce back-pressure on the rear of the tweeter diaphragm for high power handling and unimpeded excursion.
Note: The surround of the tweeter is inversed to improve dispersion. This leaves nowhere for the lead wires to go behind the tweeter, so the lead wires are positioned above the surround.
Dual 5.5" Esotec+ Woofers: The Dynaudio Evoke 25C center-channel loudspeaker features two long-throw Esotec+ 5.5" woofers with a one-piece MSP cone diaphragm, a newly designed surround, an aluminum voice-coil, a Nomex spider, and Strontium Carbonate Ferrite+ ceramic magnet for improved frequency response and low-frequency dynamics with full, precise bass and midrange clarity
- MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer): The Esotec+ woofer is made of a proprietary composite of magnesium silicate polymer (MSP); a material that combines low mass, high rigidity, and ideal internal damping properties. The MSP cone's diaphragm is only 0.4mm thin, which provides exactly the right combination of lightness, stiffness and damping to ensure optimum performance. It's made of one piece (the dust-cap is part of the playing surface), and is bonded directly to the rigid glass-fiber voice-coil former. That means the whole woofer assembly moves as one, in a predictable (and carefully tuned) way, for a performance that strikes the ideal balance between bass and midrange.
- New Surround & Nomex Spider: The Evoke Series also employs a new surround around the MSP woofer to extend throw distance (4cm), frequency response, and low-frequency dynamics - all while maintaining stellar midrange performance. The woofer's motor assembly is kept stable, centered, and true by a Nomex spider.
- Aluminum Voice-Coil: The woofer cone's 38mm voice-coil is made from aluminum, making it extremely light. That means more windings can be used and more windings means more control over the cone's movement, which results in more control over the sound - even at high volumes and high frequencies.
Strontium Carbonate Ferrite+ Magnet System: The Cerotar soft-dome tweeter and Esotec+ MSP woofer, both utilize a powerful Strontium Carbonate Ferrite+ ceramic magnet system that provides the ideal balance between power and finesse for for improved sensitivity and power handling.
High-Grade 2nd Order Crossovers: Linking the tweeter and woofers together are high-grade 2nd order crossovers that enable a superior transient response from the Evoke 25C center-channel loudspeaker. The tweeter can reach a low frequency response of 700Hz, making the crossover's job easier and the transition between the tweeter and woofers much more smoother. And since the woofer is also capable of producing higher midrange frequencies, the "hand-off" between tweeter and woofer is all but undetectable.
Furniture Grade Cabinets: Dynaudio's high-quality, furniture-grade cabinets are painstakingly assembled and finished by experts in Skanderborg Denmark to make sure the enclosure perfectly matches the custom drivers. The Danish tradition of craftsmanship drives the meticulous process of selecting and matching veneers from the finest woods available, followed by careful sanding, polishing and coating. The front-baffle is manufactured using CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) machining. Computer-programmed and controlled by ultra-responsive sensors, precision to within a single micrometer (ìm), multi-axial drilling machines produce the acoustically optimized baffle shape and unique design details. Additional internal damping, strengthening, and bracing in critical sections of the cabinet substantially reduce unwanted resonance. The Evoke 25C cabinet also comes a magnetically-attached, acoustically-optimized front grille.
Bass Reflex Port w/ Foam Port Plug: The Evoke 25C center-channel speaker features a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. To minimize low frequency reflections, which will be heard as a thickening of the sound, the loudspeaker can be adapted to the room's acoustic character by using the included foam plugs in the bass reflex ports. This will essentially attenuate the room induced boost in the low frequency range by dampening the deep frequencies, yielding a more clear and tight sound when the loudspeaker is positioned near rear walls.
Heavy-Duty, Gold-Plated Binding Post: The Dynaudio Evoke 25C center-channel loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of heavy-duty, gold-plated binding post terminals for secure connectivity and excellent signal transfer. The binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Mounting & Placement Options: The Dynaudio Evoke 25C center-channel loudspeaker can be placed on a speaker stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), shelf, table, or other piece of furniture with a solid flat-surface. The center-channel speaker in a multichannel home theater system should be located either directly above or below the screen on its vertical center line. If the screen is located relatively high on the wall, the center-channel speaker should always be located beneath it.
- Dynaudio speakers are designed to perform at their best when positioned as far from any walls as possible. Ideally, try to aim for a minimum distance of 18" from each speaker to any wall.
- The Evoke 25C doesn't provide a mounting bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Evoke Series: The Evoke Series utilizes advanced proprietary Dynaudio speaker technologies to deliver HiFi sound. The Dynaudio Evoke Series consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (Evoke 50 / Evoke 30), two bookshelf loudspeakers (Evoke 20 / Evoke 10), and a center-channel loudspeaker (Evoke 25C)
Optional Powered Sub: Add a Dynaudio powered subwoofer (Sub 3 / Sub 6 - sold separately) for deeper, bigger bass response and a more immersive experience from your 2ch stereo or multichannel home theater Evoke system.
Dynaudio Fine Tuning: Every Dynaudio loudspeaker model is fine-tuned in extensive, time-consuming listening tests at Dynaudio's measuring facility, known as Jupiter. Jupiter allows for a huge number of speaker measurements. Jupiter consists of a large room (42.5' in all directions) with 31 microphones at 6° intervals, plus a rotating arm and stand, as well as proprietary in-house software that is capable of measuring 360° of sound. A speaker can be measured individually or multiple speakers measured together in a typical audio setup. Jupiter then takes a large number of measurements on how the speaker(s) sounds not only in the "sweet-spot", but from everywhere else in the room to determine that the speaker(s) delivers authentic Dynaudio sound quality.