About the Nanoleaf Essentials A19 Bulb (1100 lumens)
I'm a big fan of smart lighting, so I was stoked when I found out we'd be carrying Nanoleaf products. They have a lot of cool ways to decorate your home with light, and this Essentials A19 bulb is a perfect way to get started. It's a standard size that fits most common light fixtures, but its faceted geometric design is way more eye-catching than your average bulb. And this bulb can display over 16 million colors, as well as many shades of cool to warm white light.
These budget-friendly, hub-free bulbs make it easy to decorate your home with colorful light.
No Bridge required
Nanoleaf bulbs connect to your mobile device using Bluetooth. Turn your lighting on or off, adjust the brightness and color, and group multiple bulbs together using the free Nanoleaf app. Bluetooth lets you control unlimited bulbs when paired with iOS® devices or 8 bulbs on Android™ devices.
These bulbs can also communicate using Thread — a low-latency mesh network protocol that offers a quicker response time and extended range for your gear. It requires a compatible "border router," such as Nanoleaf Shapes and Lines, Apple TV 4K, or certain eero systems.
More control options
You can also adjust your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. Essentials bulbs work with Siri and Google Assistant devices (sold separately). Big Nanoleaf fan? These bulbs also work with Touch Actions on compatible Canvas and Shapes panels.
- standard A19/E26 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- group and control with the free Nanoleaf app for Apple® and Android
- choose from over 16 million colors and shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- adjustable brightness up to 1100 lumens
- can be controlled with Touch Actions on compatible Nanoleaf Shapes or Canvas panels
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- use your voice to turn lights on or off, or adjust color and brightness
- create a lighting schedule in the Google Home or Apple Home app
- Circadian Lighting feature automatically adjusts the color temperature based on the time of day
- rated at 9 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- lifespan: approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Thread and Bluetooth
- Thread requires the use of a compatible border router: Nanoleaf Lines, Elements, or Shapes products, Apple HomePod mini, Apple TV 4K (2nd gen), eero 6, eero Pro, eero Pro 6, or eero Beacon
- connection to compatible Thread border router allows control away from home
- Thread lets you control up to 30 bulbs on iOS or 8 bulbs on Android devices for optimal performance
- Bluetooth lets you control unlimited bulbs when paired with iOS devices or 8 bulbs on Android devices
- 2-7/16" diameter x 4-3/8"H
- weight: 3.7 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # NL45-0800WT120E26
What's in the box:
- Smart tunable white and color LED A19 light bulb (E26 Edison screw base)
- Quick Start Guide
- Setup card
Customer reviews for Nanoleaf Essentials A19 Bulb (1100 lumens)
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nanoleaf Essentials A19 Bulb (1100 lumens)
Overview: The Nanoleaf Essentials A19 LED bulb lets you add light and color to your living space. The bulb has an E26 Edison screw base, which fits into most standard light sockets. The Essentials bulb produces millions of colors and shades of light, and can be controlled wirelessly via Bluetooth or Thread using the Nanoleaf app, or by voice control.
RGBCW: The Essentials bulb features RGBCW LEDs which not only emit 16 million colors (RGB), but also all shades of white, from cool white (C) to warm white (W).
Light Output: The Essentials LED light bulb produces a maximum brightness of 1100 lumens at full output. The light can be brightened and dimmed from 100% to 1%, using the Nanoleaf app or voice commands. You can also cycle through default colors or cool-to-warm white colors, or use a color wheel to select the color output.
Bulb Shape: The A19 LED bulb has a distinctive shape. Instead of a smooth, rounded body, the bulb is a Rhombicosidodecahedron. It has 20 triangular faces, 30 square faces, and 12 pentagonal faces, with 60 vertices and 120 edges.
Wireless Connections: The bulb can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth or Thread using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. No hub or bridge is needed. Thread is a mesh wireless network (IEEE 802.15.4 MAC/PHY) that is faster and more reliable, and has a better range. The Essentials bulb interconnects with other Nanoleaf products, such as Lines, Elements, and Shapes, which act as Thread Border Routers, supporting bi-directional connectivity between Thread and Wi-Fi/Ethernet networks.
Control: The Essentials bulb can be controlled in a variety of ways:
- Nanoleaf App: On your smartphone or tablet, you can control the bulb wirelessly via Bluetooth. Using the app, you can turn the bulb on or off, control brightness (from 1% to 100% in 0.1% increments), or change colors. The app features a color wheel that allows you to select the color output with your fingertip. Nanoleaf Essentials bulbs can be synced with other Nanoleaf products, such as Lines, Shapes, and Elements. If you wish to set schedules with the bulb, you must have a Thread connection (through a Thread Border Router), or a Google Nest smart speaker or display. The Nanoleaf app is available for iOS and Android mobile phones and tablets, as well as Windows PCs and Mac.
- Voice Commands: You can easily control the Essentials A19 bulb by speaking a voice command to your Google Assistant or Apple HomeKit (Siri) device (sold separately). In the Nanoleaf app, you can name the bulb, then refer to it in your voice commands. Voice commands can be used to turn the bulb on or off, dim or brighten the light, set it to a specific brightness (expressed in %), set it to a specific color or to a preset scene.
- Touch: While the Essentials Light bulb has no touch controls on its own, you can perform basic functions using Touch Actions on your Thread-connected Nanoleaf Shapes (hexagon, triangles, mini triangles).
Nanoleaf Smarter Series App: The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app allows you to design, setup, and control your Nanoleaf lights from the palm of your hand. The app features a Layout Assistant to help you design your Nanoleaf lights, whether its how the lights are put together physically, or choosing colors in a custom configuration. You can choose from 19 lighting scenes or create your own custom color layout. Each Nanoleaf light can be turned on/off individually or in groups, and dimmed or brightened as you desire. You can also choose from millions of colors from the intuitive color wheel for full-color lights. The lights can be automated into set schedules to meet your daily lighting needs, dimming at night and gently brightening as you wake up. The app lets you turn on Rhythm Scenes that dance to your music, or activate the Screen Mirror that causes the Nanoleaf lights to mimic the on-screen activity for movies and gaming. Connect your lights with your smart home assistant, such as Google Assistant, or Siri (Apple HomeKit), and use voice commands to control them hands free. Nanoleaf products also work with IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and Razer Chroma RGB. The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 12.0 or later, and smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 and up. Apps for Windows PCs and Macs are also available.
- Brightness: 1100 lumens (max); 806 lumens (avg)
- Dimming Range: 1% to 100% (in increments of 0.1%)
- Colors: >16 million (colors and tunable white)
- Color Temperature: 2700K - 6500K
- Color Rendering Index: >90
- Wattage: 9W (equivalent to 60W)
- Standby Power: 0.17W
- Input Rating: 100V-120V 50/60 Hz
- Lifetime: 25,000 hours
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.438", Height 4.361"
- Weight: 3.7 ounces