About the OSD AP850
Rock your outdoors
Rock your outdoors
If your patio or storefront is hurting for good sound, you'll need some potent speakers to rock out properly. OSD's AP850 outdoor speakers were designed with both residential and commercial installs in mind. These speakers can easily be mounted under eaves, patios, decks, and more thanks to their versatile mounts.
Rugged weather-resistant housing
The speakers house their drivers in a rugged ABS polymer cabinet. The enclosure is IP54-rated, meaning it's resistant to both dust and water splashes. Their rust-resistant aluminum grilles keep the drivers safe from any accidents that might occur. Both the inside of the cabinet and the backs of the drivers are sealed with silicone, preventing any unwanted water from getting inside and causing damage.
Powerful drivers for wide sound
Each speaker has uses 1" ferrofluid cooled silk dome tweeter that produces clear, smooth highs. Beneath it is an 8" polypropylene woofer, built to deliver impactful mids and lows. With powerful drivers like that, it's no surprise that a pair of AP850s can cover an area up to 800 square feet.
Versatile mounting brackets
These speakers come with unique mounting brackets that allow for 180° swivel and 60° tilt, giving you perfect positioning even in less-than-ideal spots. OSD recommends installing the speakers under a covered area to maximize their lifespan.
- IP54-rated all-weather housing
- rust-proof aluminum speaker grilles
- full motion mounting brackets included for easy install
- can be used to mount speakers horizontally or vertically
- 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter
- 8" polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 33-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- handles up to 90 watts RMS
- 9-11/16"W x 15-1/16"H x 9-15/16"D
- weight: 11 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # AP850 Black
What's in the box:
- 2 Outdoor loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Locking knobs
- 2 Back covers (pre-installed)
- Installation Manual
Customer reviews for OSD AP850
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD AP850
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Power Range (watts)||up to 90|
|Frequency Response||33-22k Hz|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Bracket Included||Adjustable bracket|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Weather Resistant Enclosure (IP54): The OSD Audio AP850 outdoor loudspeaker utilizes an ABS polymer, bass reflex (ported) enclosure that has been silicone sealed, plus a powder-coated rust resistant aluminum grille and mounting bracket to withstand the outdoor elements. The OSD Audio AP850 is IP54 rated, meaning it is protected against water spray and dust build-up. The AP850 is designed to withstand all types of weather and perform under some of the harshest conditions.
Note: The AP850 is weather resistant, but not waterproof. It cannot be submerged in water.
2-Way Driver Design: The OSD Audio AP850 outdoor loudspeakers employs a two-way driver design featuring a 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter and 8" polypropylene cone woofer for dynamic, full-range outdoor sound (up to 800 sq/ft).
- 1" Ferrofluid-Cooled Silk Dome Tweeter: The OSD Audio AP850 features a 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter. This specialty tweeter material is well suited for outdoor applications because it is made from microscopic iron particles suspended in a non-conducting viscous oil which helps dissipate heat and promotes longevity.
- 8" Polypropylene Cone Woofer: The AP850 houses an 8" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround. Polypropylene is a popular speaker material due to the added stiffness and durability it offers over paper cones. Polypropylene cone woofers produce rich bass and detailed midrange for very balanced sound overall.
Spring Post Terminals: The OSD Audio AP850 outdoor loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of gold-plated spring post terminals. The spring post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 14AWG). The gold-plated terminals provide excellent signal transfer and are resistant to corrosion. Pin and banana connectors cannot be used, because there is limited space behind the protector cover that protects the spring post speaker terminals.
- Use 16AWG outdoor rated speaker wire (CL3/FT4) for runs up to 100'
- Use 14AWG outdoor rated speaker wire (CL3/FT4) for runs exceeding 100'.
Note: Volume controls (sold separately) can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area.
Mounting Options: The most ideal place to install the AP850 outdoor loudspeakers is the undersides of most eaves and overhangs as they provide the best protection. They will sound best when placed no more than 7' apart from each other, and slightly higher than ear level. If the speakers are more than 7' apart, toe them in toward the center of the listening area. Each speaker comes with its own powder-coated, rust resistant aluminum bracket to mount the speakers on the outside of your home. The brackets allow you to mount the speakers vertically or horizontally.
- Vertical Mount: When mounted vertically, the brackets let you swivel the speakers a total of 180 degrees (90 degrees left or right), as well as tilt the speakers a total of 60 degrees (30 degrees up or down). The speaker measures 9.6875" (w) x 15.0625" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when mounted vertically.
- Horizontal Mount: When mounted horizontally, you can swivel the speakers a total of 60 degrees (30 degrees left or right), as well a tilt the speakers a total of 180 degrees (90 degrees left or right). The speaker measures 15.0625" (w) x 9.6875" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when mounted horizontally.
Note: The mounting brackets can also be used to position the speakers vertically or horizontally on a tabletop or flat surface.
Paintable: The ABS polymer enclosure, aluminum grille, and mounting bracket can all be painted to match your outdoor decor.