About the PAC AmpPro AP4-FD31 Amplifier Interface
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
You can make your Ford's less-than-ideal factory system actually sound premium by upgrading the weak factory amplifier with a more powerful aftermarket amp. PAC's AmpPRO interface consists of a module and a vehicle-specific T-harness that make the job much easier. Even better, you can install an amplifier of your own without losing any of your vehicle's factory audio features like warning chimes, navigation prompts, SYNC, and Bluetooth® functions.
Simple to install
The package's T-harness plugs into the factory radio and vehicle harness. The small module fits behind the dash, converting your radio's speaker outputs into six preamp-level outputs ready for connection to your amp. The factory amplifier will need to be disconnected and removed from the vehicle. The factory radio controls, such as volume, balance, and fade, will work as before for your front and rear speakers. A separate wired remote level control lets you adjust the volume of the subwoofer channels from your front seat. An optional add-on module, PAC's APA-TOS1 adapter, provides an optical digital output for your high-end digital processors and amplifiers to handle.
An app for tweakers
After downloading the AmpPRO PC App and connecting to your Windows-run PC via USB, you can access the factory 3-band parametric equalizer (EQ) and customize the tone of your system to perfection. The app also lets you adjust the system's minimum volume level and update the product firmware when needed.
Important Note: Your factory radio's speed-controlled volume feature and surround sound mode will not be retained. This AmpPRO interface simplifies the installation of a car amplifier (not included). You'll also need to purchase anything required to install your new amp: an amp wiring kit, speaker wire (to replace factory wiring), and RCA cables.
- amplifier integration module and T-harness
- add an aftermarket amplifier after removing factory amp
- works with select 2018-up Ford-built vehicles
- 6-channel RCA outputs (front, rear, subs)
- 5 volts RMS output
- retains factory radio controls and audio features
- wired remote level control for sub channels
- remote turn-on lead for amplifiers
- AmpPRO PC App from PAC lets you adjust minimum volume and 3-band EQ via your Windows-run PC
- optional TOSLINK adapter provides digital output
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # AP4-FD31
What's in the box:
- Amplifier integration module
- 20" Main harness (AP4FD31HARV3) with inline 3A mini fuse
- 8" APHFDO3 V1 T-harness
- 8" APHFD22 V1 T-harness
- Remote level control with connected 16' cable
- Installation instructions
Customer reviews for PAC AmpPro AP4-FD31 Amplifier Interface
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC AmpPro AP4-FD31 Amplifier Interface
Amplifier Integration Interface: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD31 simplifies the installation of aftermarket amplifiers in select Ford vehicles with data-bus controlled factory B&O (Bang & Olufsen) sound systems. With the AmpPRO AP4-FD31, you can improve your vehicle's audio performance while keeping an original radio's fit, finish, and features.
- The factory amplifier must be disconnected to install the PAC AmpPRO interface. An aftermarket amplifier/s must be added to power the vehicle speakers.
- The PAC AP4-FD31 cannot be used to only add a subwoofer to the factory system.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD31 amplifier integration interface is compatible with the following 2018-2023 Ford vehicles with a data-bus controlled factory premium sound system.
|Mustang Mach E||2021|
Note: This interface is only compatible in vehicles equipped with a data-bus controlled B&O (Bang & Olufsen) sound system. To verify compatibility, look for a B&O badge on the door speakers or dash speakers.
6Ch Pre-Outs: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD31 provides a 6-channel pre-amp output for use with aftermarket amplifiers. Using the factory digital A2B audio data in conjunction with data-bus CAN messages, the AP4-FD31 delivers a variable 5V RMS pre-amp output with fading, balance, equalization, and level control capabilities.
Toslink Output: The AP4-FD31 can provide a variable 2-channel fiber optic digital audio output (toslink). Toslink fiber-optical cable sold separately.
Non-Fading Level Control Knob: Channels 5-6 (Sub) of the AP4-FD31 are non-fading outputs. The output level of channels 5-6 can be controlled using the supplied level control knob. The level control knob includes a 16' cable which plugs into the interface module and should be mounted in an accessible location at the front of the vehicle.
Data Controlled Remote Turn-On: A data controlled remote amplifier turn on wire is also provided by the PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD31. The remote turn-on is rated at 2A of current. If more current is needed an external relay must be used.
Retained Factory Audio Features: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD31 also retains all audio from other vehicle features such as factory Navigation Prompts, Bluetooth, Sync, and Warning Chimes.
Minimum & Chime Volume: If the minimum volume of your factory radio is too loud once the AP4-FD31 is installed, you can manually set the level of the minimum volume using either the programming button on the side of the interface or the factory SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) in conjunction with the supplied level control knob. You can also use AmpPRO PC app. You can also adjust the chime volume level.
AmpPRO PC App: Using the AmpPRO PC App (for Windows PC only) allows you to configure user interface options such as Minimum Volume Level, Chime Volume Level, and a 3-Band EQ from your Windows computer or laptop. The app can also be used to update product firmware.
- Minimum & Chime Volume Level: From the app you can set the minimum volume level of the factory radio, as well as the chime volume level.
- 3-Band EQ: Enables the 3-band EQ (Bass-Mid-Treble) with frequency and Q-factory adjustment. The Bass Frequency can be set to 60, 80, 100, or 120Hz; while the Bass Q-Factor can be set to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. The Mid Frequency can be set to 500, 1k, 1.5k, or 2.5k; while the Mid Q-Factor can be set to 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, or 1.5. The Treble Frequency can be set to 7.5k, 10k, 12.5k, or 15k; while the Treble Q-Factory can be set to 0.75 or 1.25.
- Firmware: The AmpPRO app will also allow you to update the interface with new firmware as it becomes available.
Note: These AmpPRO PC App settings can be adjusted with the module installed in the vehicle or on the bench. However, it is recommended to make the adjustments with the module installed, and the factory radio on so that the changes can be heard.
- Switch 1: ON switches the interface into 2-channel mode. All outputs will be non-fading and all chimes are sent to channels 1 & 2 and the Toslink optical output.
- Switch 2: ON lowers the RCA output voltage to 4V. Set the dip switch 2 OFF to keep the RCA output voltage at 5V.
- Switch 3: Not used.
- Switch 4: This switch gets set to ON if installing the interface in a Mach-E series vehicle, and OFF for all other models.