About the Blue Yeti Pro
Great sound however you use it
Great sound however you use it
The Blue Yeti Pro mic has both USB and XLR connectors. The mic outputs high-resolution 24-bit/192kHz audio through its USB port to your computer. You can also connect the Yeti Pro to a mixer or soundboard via its XLR connector for rich, detailed analog sound.
You can monitor your recording through headphones. The Yeti Pro has a headphone jack, wired to eliminate latency. You hear what the mic hears at the same time.
Pro-level sound quality
The Yeti Pro features a custom three-capsule condenser mic array to ensure clear, balanced sound from any angle. And you can select the polar pattern to ensure the mic focuses on what you want to record. The mic features built-in volume and gain controls, plus an instant mute button.
Ready for use
The mic comes with a 3-meter USB cable and a 12" XLR breakout Y-cable. And it has its own desktop stand, so you can use the Yeti Pro right out of the box. You can also mount the Yeti Pro on any microphone stand.
- USB connection for recording or live streaming on your PC or Mac®
- audio resolution: up to 24-bit/192kHz supported
- analog XLR connection for a mixer or interface
- included Y-cable passes stereo signals via two separate channels
- side-address condenser microphone (end points up, rather than toward you)
- selectable coverage patterns: cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional (front and rear), and stereo
- 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack with volume control for monitoring as you record (in digital mode via USB only)
- three 14mm condenser capsules built in
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- max SPL: 120 dB
- 4-3/4"W x 11-5/8"H x 4-15/16"D (extended in included stand)
- microphone weight: 1.2 lbs.
- desk stand
- 3-meter USB cable
- 12" XLR breakout Y-cable
- compatible with Windows® 10, Windows 8 (including 8.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home and Professional), and Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher)
- requires at least 64MB of RAM
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 988-000092
What's in the box:
- Yeti USB&XLR microphone w/ integrated stand
- 78" USB Cable (type-A on one end / mini-B on other end / 2.0)
- 12" XLR Splitter (female 5-pin on one end / two male 3-pin plugs on other end) Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- Safety & Warranty information
Customer reviews for Blue Yeti Pro
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Blue Yeti Pro
USB Microphone: The Blue (Logitech) Yeti Pro microphone is a condenser microphone that features both XLR and USB connections, letting you use the Yeti Pro with your professional studio equipment, or with a direct connection to your computer. The Yeti Pro mic uses Blue's proprietary tri-capsule technology, incorporating 3 condenser capsules specifically arranged to provide optimal recording in most any situation.
Polar Patterns: The microphone features 4 polar patterns, selectable from a built-in dial on the mic body. Patterns include:
- Cardioid: Front-facing pickup for single-person speech and vocals.
- Bidirectional (Figure-8): Front and rear pickup. Ideal for interviews with two people face to face.
- Stereo: Provides stereo pickup from the front. Ideal for instruments or groups.
- Omnidirectional: This provides pickup from all sides and is ideal for field recordings, outdoor events, or conference calls.
Controls & Connections: The Yeti microphone includes 2 rotary controls for mic Gain adjustment and Pattern selection. The front of the mic includes a Mute button and a Headphone Volume control. The Blue logo is the "front" of the microphone, and should be oriented as such while in use. The underside of the mic features 3 connectors:
- USB: A USB mini-B port is provided for connecting directly into your computer (PC/MAC) for music recording, podcasting, live-streaming, gaming, and more. This lets you produce studio-quality recordings and streams in 192kHz/24-bit resolution.
- XLR: A male 5-pin XLR jack provides a stereo output (when the Stereo polar-pattern is selected) for use with optional 5-pin stereo XLR cables (sold separately). A 5-pin to 3-pin XLR adapter is provided that splits the stereo signal into two "standard" male 3-pin XLR jacks, letting you connect to outboard professional studio gear like audio mixers, high-end preamps, processors, and more. When a Polar Pattern other than Stereo is selected, the mic will output identical mono signals to both XLR jacks.
- Headphones: A 3.5mm stereo jack lets you connect your headphones
directly to the microphone, allowing for zero-latency monitoring with no
- The Yeti Pro microphone cannot output a signal on both the XLR and USB connections simultaneously. Only one connection can be used at a time.
- The Headphone output, Mute, and Volume controls are not functional when using an XLR (analog) connection.
Phantom Power: The Blue Yeti Pro is a condenser microphone that requires phantom power. When used with a USB connection, power is supplied via USB. If using the mic with an XLR cable, phantom power will need to be provided by the connected device (mixer, preamp, etc.).
Computer System Requirements:
- Mac: OS 10.10 or higher (USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 .
- Windows: 7, 8.1, or 10 (USB 1.1/2.0/3.0).
Table-Top Stand: The Blue Yeti microphone includes an attached table-top stand that lets you adjust the tilt using two tensioning-knobs. The stand features a weighted base with non-slip padding for added stability on flat surfaces. A threaded 5/8" socket is provided on the bottom of the microphone for attaching it to an optional floor-stand or boom-arm (both sold separately).
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 4.5mV/Pa (@1kHz)
- Resolution: 192kHz/24-bit
- Capsules: 3 Blue proprietary 14mm condenser capsules
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Bidirectional, Omnidirectional, Stereo
- Power Requirements: 5V/150mA (via USB)
- Maximum SPL: 120dB (THD: 0.5% @1kHz)
- Dimensions (With Stand):
- Width: 4.64"
- Height: 11.63"
- Depth: 4.88"
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Microphone Dimensions:
- Diameter: 2.86"
- Length: 7.60"
- Weight: 1.2 lbs.