About the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 Home Theater Bundle
Surround yourself with Bose sound
Surround yourself with Bose sound
The Smart Soundbar 900 is the most powerful entry in Bose's line of impressive sound bars. It delivers the high-quality sound Bose is famous for. And it has a clean, elegant look that fits almost any room. This sound bar is packed with convenient, high-tech features like built-in voice control (your choice of Alexa or Google Assistant) and robust music streaming options. But probably its most important feature is Dolby Atmos®, which gives you immersive surround sound for a theater-like experience from the comfort of your couch.
Matching Bass Module and surround speakers
We've included the matching Bose Bass Module 700 for deep, satisfying bass. It features solid construction with a premium glass top for elegant looks, and it connects to the bar wirelessly for easy setup and flexible placement. And for rear-channel effects that really surround you, we've included a pair of matching Bose Surround Speakers 700. Just like the Bass Module, they receive signals from the bar wirelessly, so you won't need to run speaker wire to the back of your room. (Just remember, all components will need to plug into AC power.)
Streaming music options galore
This Wi-Fi-equipped system supports a wide range of streaming music options, including Apple® AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in, and Spotify® Connect. Setup, system control, and music streaming selections are handled by the Bose Music mobile app for Apple and Android™ devices.
- bundle includes:
- delivers enveloping 5.1.2 channel Dolby Atmos surround sound
- connect via Bluetooth to stream audio from compatible smartphones or tablets
- Apple AirPlay 2 for playing content from Apple mobile devices and computers
- Chromecast built-in lets you stream from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- Spotify Connect lets you easily play music using your Spotify subscription
- built-in voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- set up and control the system via Wi-Fi using the Bose Music mobile app for Apple and Android
- select streaming music sources and control multi-room playback on compatible Bose Smart Family speakers
Bose Smart Soundbar 900:
- sleek design allows the sound bar to fit under most TVs
- nine built-in speakers precisely separate and aim sounds for an immersive, theater-like experience
- center channel driver for clear dialogue
- PhaseGuide® technology simulates surround effects by reflecting sound around your room
- ADAPTiQ® audio calibration adjusts the sound based on your room's size and shape
- 1 HDMI port
- eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) to connect to your compatible TV with a single cable
- optical digital audio input
- Ethernet port for a secure, wired connection
- wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- 41-3/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 4-1/4"D
- weight: 12.68 lbs.
Bass Module 700:
- compact design
- solid construction with premium glass top panel
- built-in amplifier
- QuietPort™ technology enhances bass response and lowers distortion
- connects wirelessly to bar for flexible placement
- range: 30 feet
- plugs into AC power
- Bose recommends placing along the front of the viewing area for optimal sound
- minijack input for optional wired connection to sound bar
- 11-5/8"W x 12-7/8"H x 12-3/8"D
Surround Speakers 700:
- two OmniJewel® surround speakers
- connect wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement
- range: 30 feet
- wireless receivers for each speaker connect to AC outlet for power
- speaker wire connects the wireless receivers to each rear speaker
- 1-7/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 1-7/8"D (each)
- all components require AC power (cables included)
- includes remote control
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- Bose Smart Soundbar 900:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- ADAPTiQ headset
- 58" HDMI cable
- 5' Optical digital cable
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Bose Boass Module 700:
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- 5' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Bose Surround Speakers 700:
- 2 OmniJewel surround speakers
- 2 Wireless receivers
- Two 5' AC power cords
- Two 20' proprietary speaker cables
- 2 Speaker connectors
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Latest Software Required" note
Customer reviews for Bose Smart Soundbar 900 Home Theater Bundle
Average review:3.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 Home Theater Bundle
Features & specs
|Type of Front Speakers||Sound Bar|
|Includes Center Speaker||Built Into Sound Bar|
|Includes Rear Speakers||Wireless (included)|
|Includes Powered Subwoofer||Yes|
|System Frequency Response||Not given|
|Sound Bar||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Power||Not given|
|Front Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Front Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Front Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Center Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Center Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Center Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Sound Bar Tweeter||Dome (1)|
|Sound Bar Midrange||Cone (4)|
|Sound Bar Woofer||Cone (4)|
|Rear Speaker Tweeter||N/A|
|Rear Speaker Midrange||N/A|
|Rear Speaker Woofer||N/A|
|Subwoofer Driver||10" Cone|
|Subwoofer Passive Radiator||N/A|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Front Speaker Size (inches)||N/A|
|Front Speaker Weight||N/A|
|Center Speaker Size (inches)||N/A|
|Center Speaker Weight||N/A|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||41-3/16W x 2-5/16H x 4-1/4 D|
|Sound Bar Weight||12.68 lbs.|
|Rear Speaker Size (inches)||1-7/8W x 5-3/4H x 1-14/16D|
|Rear Speaker Weight||---|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||11-1/16W x 12-7/8H x 12-3/8D|
|Surround Formats -Self-powered Systems-|
|Audio Enhancements -Self-powered Systems-|
|Audio Streaming -Self-powered Systems-|
|Online Music Sources||via Bose Music App|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Wi-Fi Networking -Self-powered Systems-|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|HDMI Connections -Self-powered Systems-|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Output||3.5mm (Proprietary)|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant built-in|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Immersive Bose Surround Sound: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 supports Dolby Atmos for high-quality 3D (three-dimensional) audio with sound from all directions that surrounds you. A nine-speaker arrangement is precisely positioned in the soundbar- including front, center, surround and height channels. The dedicated center channel delivers crystal clear dialogue, while the front channels produce exception detail and depth. The side-firing surround channels envelope you with rear sound effects, while the up-firing height channels reflect sound off the ceiling to deliver overhead sound effects for an immersive and fully-encompassing surround sound experience. The Soundbar 900 utilizes unique Bose Technologies to achieve immersive surround sound.
- PhaseGuide Technology: Proprietary PhaseGuide technology works with the soundbar's tiny transducers to direct beams of multi-directional sound, delivering an unprecedented level of spaciousness.
- QuietPort Technology: QuietPort technology is integrated into the soundbar with recessed ports that use a piece of resistant screen to reduce turbulent noise while getting more sound through a smaller opening, resulting in virtually distortion-free bass from a slim profile speaker.
- TrueSpace Technology: When there's no Dolby Atmos content, like stereo PCM or 5.1 Dolby Digital, Bose TrueSpace technology takes over for the vertical experience, remixing signals to add "height" and overhead effects without adding a ceiling speaker, creating the same immersive sound experience.
- To deliver the Dolby Atmos surround-sound experience, you must connect the Soundbar 900 to your TV via HDMI eARC. If your TV doesn't have an HDMI eARC port, you can connect it via HDMI ARC or the optical digital) to receive spacious and life-like sound.
- The Bose Soundbar 900 does not support DTS or DTS:X.
Wireless Powered Sub: The Bose Bass Module 700 has been designed to perfectly complement the Bose Smart Soundbar 900. It connects wirelessly to the Bose Smart Soundbar 900. It has a wireless range of approximately 30'. The Bose Music App (for Apple iOS 14.1+ and Android OS 7.0+) is used to wirelessly connect the Bose Soundbar 900 to the Bose Bass Module 700. If you desire even more bass, you can wirelessly connect two Bose Bass Module 700s to a compatible Bose Soundbar speaker.
Note: If for some reason a wired connection is preferred, the Bose Bass Module 700 and the Bose Soundbar 900 can be hardwired together using a standard 3.5mm audio cable.
Wireless Surrounds: The Bose Surround Speakers 700 adds discrete rear surround channel speakers to the Bose Soundbar 900. The Bose Surround Speakers 700 consists of two OmniJewel satellite speakers, two wireless receivers, two 20' proprietary speaker cables, and two 5' AC powerds. Use the Bose Music app (for Apple iOS 14.1+ and Android OS 7.0+) to setup connection with the Soundbar 900.
- Rear Speakers: The Bose Surround Speakers 700 consist of two OmniJewel satellite speakers. Each of these tiny speakers features a carefully milled aluminum housing with two acoustic enclosures for dual-opposing drivers. This is the key to creating the first omni-directional speaker from Bose for true 360° sound and a more spacious home theater experience.
- Wireless Receivers: Two wireless receivers accompany the Surround Speakers to facilitate a wireless connection to the Bose Soundbar 900; as well as amplification of the Surround Speakers. The wireless receivers comes with 20' proprietary speaker cables that connect to the Bose Surround Speakers 700 using the included speaker connector adapters which plug into the bottom of the surround speakers. The wireless receivers also come with detachable 5' AC power cords that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet.
Note: The wireless receivers come preset to a left and right channel out of the box. You can use the switch on the front of the receivers to adjust the left and right channel settings (make sure that one wireless receiver always set to left and the other is set to right).
ADAPTiQ Audio Room Calibration: ADAPTiQ audio room calibration will optimize the Bose soundbar speaker system's acoustic performance for the unique characteristics of your room, giving you the best possible listening experience. Through the Bose Music App and the included headset, ADAPTiQ audio calibration customizes the sound of the system to the acoustics of your listening area by taking five audio measurements. During ADAPTiQ audio calibration, a microphone on the top of the ADAPTiQ headset measures the sound characteristics of your room to determine optimal sound quality. To run ADAPTiQ, you will need 10 minutes when your room is quiet.
HDMI eARC Jack: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 is equipped with a single HDMI eARC (enhanced audio return channel) jack to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI eARC input. The HDMI eARC jack allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar speaker. The unit supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital, and 2ch PCM via HDMI eARC. If your TV only has a HDMI ARC (audio return channel) input then the soundbar will be limited to Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the eARC/ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, and will only pass Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB.
- The Bose Soundbar 900 does not support DTS or DTS:X.
Optical Digital Input: If your TV is not equipped with an HDMI ARC jack, the Bose Soundbar 900 also features an optical (toslink) digital input that supports 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital.
- The digital optical output of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The optical digital input does not support Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, or DTS. This soundbar does not offer analog audio inputs.
Built-in Bluetooth 4.2: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio playback (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), plus the option to stream the same audio from the Bose Soundbar 900 to a single Bluetooth-enabled Bose noise canceling headphone or Bose SoundLink speaker via SimpleSync technology and the Bose Music App.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 can wirelessly play back stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. You can pair eight Bluetooth source devices to the speaker, but only one can be actively connected and used for playback at a time. The included IR remote can be used to control basic playback (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next track); Alexa or Google cannot be used to control Bluetooth audio sources. The speaker has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 30'.
- Bose SimpleSync: Bose SimpleSync allows you to pair a member of the Bose Home Speaker family (such as the Soundbar 900) with a single Bose SoundLink portable Bluetooth speaker or a Bose noise canceling headphone (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for playback of the same audio signal. Use the Bose Music app on your Apple iOS or Android device to setup and enable SimpleSync. SimpleSync then provides a one-to-one connection for a maximum of two Bose products (the Soundbar 900 and a SoundLink speaker or noise canceling headphone). The two products must remain within typical Bluetooth wireless range (30') of each other to stay connected. You'll be able to listen to the same audio signal from the Soundbar 900 on a connected Bose SoundLink speaker or noise canceling headphone (you cannot listen to different sources). You can choose to listen on both the soundbar speaker and the SoundLink speaker or noise canceling headphone at the same time with independent volume control; or just one speaker or the headphone.
- Bluetooth audio streaming can be done without utilizing WiFi, the Bose Music app, Google Assistant, or Alexa. However, the Bose Music app is required for Bose SimpleSync.
- You cannot wirelessly stream Bluetooth audio to the Bose Soundbar and use SimpleSync at the same time. You can only sync audio from the Bose Soundbar to a single speaker or headphone; not from the headphone or speaker to the Bose Soundbar.
- The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
Mounting & Options: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 can simply be tabletop mounted on a piece of AV furntiure, shelf, or stand. It can also be wall-mounted using the Bose Soundbar Wall Bracket (sold separately), which has been designed specifically for the soundbar and hangs the speaker horizontally above or below your flat-panel TV. A cable cover is included to help hide the HDMI and/or optical cable that is run from your TV to the Bose Soundbar 900 speaker. The Bose Soundbar Wall Bracket features high-quality steel construction and is available in a black or white finish. The Bose Bass Module 700 can simply be placed on the floor within 30' of the active souondbar speaker and within 5' of an AC power outlet. The Bose Surround Speakers 700 can be placed on a shelf or stands (sold separately) and will require and AC power connection.
- Soundbar Placement: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 uses the reflective surfaces of the room to deliver a spacious home theater experience. To ensure optimal audio performance, the soundbar should be placed equidistant from each side wall and directly in the "front-center" of the TV. No objects should be placed in front of the soundbar, nor should it be placed recessed inside a cabinet, as this would result in a limited sound stage and block the up-firing height drivers. Also, nothing should be placed directly on either side of the Bose Soundbar 900 since there are side-firing transducers located on either side.
- Subwoofer Placement: For best sound quality, the Bose Bass Module 700 should be placed on the floor against the same wall as the television and soundbar, with an electrical outlet nearby for the power cord. It should not be placed on a shelf or table. For more bass, the Base Module 700 should be placed closer to walls and corners. For less bass, the Bass Module 700 should be pulled away from walls and corners.
- Surrounds Placement: The wireless surround speakers should be placed behind the main listening area, one on the left side and one on the right of the room, for optimum sound quality. To avoid wireless interference, keep other wireless equipment 1' to 3' away from the wireless receivers. Place the speakers and wireless receivers outside and away from metal cabinets, other audio/video components and direct heat sources.
AC Power: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900, Bass Module 700, and the two wireless receivers operate off of standard household current using the supplied 5' detachable AC power cords.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bose Soundbar 900 offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The Bose Soundbar 900 is equipped with an Ethernet R-J45 jack and built-in, dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 b/g/n). The system's network connection can be setup initially from the Bose Music app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Multiroom Audio: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 is part of a new family of Smart Home speakers and soundbars from Bose that can be used to create a wireless multiroom audio system over your home's WiFi network. You can start with one Bose Soundbar 900 and more Bose Smart Home Speakers to create a wireless multiroom audio system in your home.
- Number of Audio Zones: You can create up to 4 audio zones. Each zone can be set to play the same audio source or set to play a different audio sources. You can also group different zones together.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: Internet radio, select online music services, and Bluetooth audio can be listened to on a single speaker or multiple speakers.
- Incompatible Multiroom Audio Sources: HDMI and the optical digital input do not support multiroom audio.
Online Music Services: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 can play music directly from select streaming music services over WiFi through the Bose Music app (for Apple iOS 14.1+ and Android OS 7.0+). These music services can be controlled from the Bose Music App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, as well as Alexa or Google Assistant using the soundbar's built-in mics. Basic playback functions such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track can be done from the included IR remote.
- TuneIn: TuneIn includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: Spotify Connect enables Spotify users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio: is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year). You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes or Google Play Music to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music to the Bose Smart Home speaker.
- Deezer: Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.
AirPlay 2: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Bose Smart Home speaker system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Bose Soundbar 900. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Bose Smart Home speaker system.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps (including internet radio, online music services, and podcasts) from your Apple iOS or Android device to the Bose Soundbar 900. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Soundbar 900. While you are casting, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing through the soundbar speaker system. You'll need to download the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) in order to setup Chromecast built-in.
- Music & Radio: Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. Play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android OS device to the Bose Soundbar 900. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: By adding multiple Chromecast built-in speakers in your home, you can create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your compatible mobile device or using your voice and the built-in Google Assistant.
- Voice Control: With the Soundbar 900's built-in mics, you can use your voice and the Google Assistant to control playback of compatible Chromecast built-in music apps. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music.
Advanced Control Options
Voice Control with 8 Microphone Array: The integration of Alexa & Google Assistant with the Bose family of Smart Speakers will support the vast majority of Alexa & Google Assistant functionality; including music playback, control of smart home devices, setting timers and alarms, and general information requests. A custom-designed, proprietary 8 microphone array on the soundbar is precisely positioned for accurate near-field and far-field voice pickup. You can rest assured that the Bose Soundbar 900 will hear you even when there is a lot of noise in the background, your music is playing loud, or you are across the room.
- Music Control: Currently you can ask Alexa or Google to play music from Pandora, iHeartRadio, Deezer and TuneIn on a specific speaker, a group of speakers, or all speakers. Alexa voice control is also supported by Amazon Music and SiriusXM. Once your music is playing, you can also ask Alexa or Google "what is playing", "turn volume up or down", "skip to the next track", "go to the previous track", or "stop music".
- Smart Home Skills: Various Alexa & Google smart home device skills work through the Bose Smart Soundbar 900, its built-in microphones and the integration of Alexa or Google Assistant. For example, you can ask Alexa or Google- "set my smart thermostat to 72 degrees" or "turn off the lights".
- News & Information: Use the Bose smart speaker to ask Alexa or Google about world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and other topics or events.
- Alarms & Timers: You can use Alexa or Google to set timers and alarms. Timers & alarms are only done through Alexa or Google and corresponding app, not through the Bose Music app or controls on the Bose Soundbar 900.
- You can only use one digital assistant; you must choose between Alexa or Google (you cannot use both). There are certain Alexa & Google skills that the Bose Soundbar 900 does not support. Alexa & Google Assistant is not available in all languages and countries.
- The use of a virtual assistant is optional; you can initiate music from the Bose Music app and other sources without using Alexa or Google. The option to enable Alexa or Google can be declined in setup and revisited at any time. You can also remove Alexa or Google from the speaker at any time via the settings menu of the Bose Music app. And when Alexa or Google is installed, the microphones may be turned off at any time with the microphone off button on the speaker.
- The microphones on the Bose Soundbar 900 may be turned off with a single tap of the microphone off button on the top of the speaker. This button completely cuts power to the microphones so Alexa or Goggle will not hear any commands. For security reasons, it is not possible to use a voice command or the Bose Music app to turn the microphones on or off; only a physical button press can control the microphones. When the microphones are off, this button will always be backlit with a red LED light.
Alexa Skills: In addition to the shared Bose Home skills listed above for Alexa & Google Assistant, the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 offers support for unique Amazon Alexa skills that can be used to control your HDMI-connected TV and make phone call using only your voice.
- Bose Voice4Video Technology: Bose Voice4Video technology gives you more control of the soundbar using the built-in mic, Amazon Alexa, and your voice. In addition to controlling the soundbar speaker, you can control your TV and cable or satellite box with just your voice. With one simple ask of Alexa, you can turn on soundbar and your TV, tune to a station by network name or channel number, and start watching your favorite shows instantly.
- Calling & Messaging: Let Alexa turn the Soundbar 900 into an intercom to open up instant 2-way conversations between rooms or homes, or send one-way announcements from any room. Use Alexa and the Soundbar 900 to call or message almost anyone for free. Both parties must have an Alexa-enabled device, as well as Alexa Calling/ Messaging feature available and enabled, and given permission to the other party in the Alexa app.
- These specific Amazon Alexa skills require a wireless WiFi network connection and setup of the Alexa app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
- These features are not compatible with Google Assistant.
Bose Music App:The Bose Music app (for Apple iOS 14.1+ and Android OS 7.0+) lets you set up and control compatible Bose smart speakers and soundbars from your Apple iOS or Android device. It works with one or many of the new Bose family of smart speakers and soundbars. Using the app, your mobile device acts as a remote for the speaker. From the app, you can stream music, set and change presets, add music services, explore internet radio stations, configure Alexa and manage speaker settings.
- Music Control: The Bose Music app lets you browse and play the music you love from Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more from your Apple iOS or Android device. The Bose Music app also makes it easy to set your favorite playlists or stations as presets (up to 6 presets), so you can access them effortlessly.
- Multi-Room/Multi-Source:The Bose Music app lets you control one or multiple Bose Smart Speakers and Soundbars in your home. You can play the same music throughout your home or listen to different music in different areas.
- Audio Settings: The Bose Music app can be used to control volume level and adjust the speaker's Bass & Treble level.
- Multiple Users: The Bose Music app lets multiple users personalize their experience and control their content. One person can quickly access their Spotify playlist, while another easily listens to the latest podcast. Now it's simple for the whole household to enjoy their favorite music and more.
- Simple Setup: The Bose Music app also makes setup easy, walking you through each step. Simply download the Bose Music app on your device, plug in the speaker, and open the app to get started. The app will guide you through setting up your account on the speaker, adding your account information for your favorite music services, and adding Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to the product.
Remote Control: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 comes with a universal Bluetooth LE remote control and supports HDMI-CEC. You can also program 3rd party remotes (sold separately) to control the soundbar system.
- Universal Remote: The included universal Bluetooth LE remote control provides wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system without direct line of sight. You can also program the universal remote to control your TV, Blu-ray player, or cable/satellite box. The remote is designed sleek with a premium aluminum accent and seamless elastomer keypad that's soft to the touch. The remote's ingenious contextual backlighting only shows you buttons relevant to the task at hand. Whether you're listening to music or watching TV, the remote automatically adjusts itself to light up buttons you need in that very moment. The Bose Music app on your Apple iOS or Android device will be used to pair the universal remote with the Bose Soundbar 900.
- HDMI CEC: The soundbar is able to control HDMI-connected devices (such as your TV, Blu-ray Disc player, game console) over HDMI-CEC. HDMI-CEC allows you to turn on other devices and operate them with the soundbar remote without any programming. It also enables one-touch access to entertainment, enabling you to turn on multiple devices and select an input with one button press.
- 3rd Party IR Remotes: Because the Bose Soundbar 900 also supports IR commands, you can also program a third-party IR remote, such as your cable/satellite box or TV remote, to control the soundbar. Refer to your third-party remote owner's guide or website for instructions. Not all third-party remotes are compatible with the soundbar. The 3.5mm IR input on back of the Bose Soundbar 900 allows you to connect an IR extender (sold separately) in case the soundbar's IR receiver is obstructed from view.
Network Standby: The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 , Bass Module 700, and Surround Speakers 700 transition to Network Standby when audio has stopped and you have not pressed any buttons for 20 or more minutes. To wake the soundbar, sub, and speakers from network standby, simply tap any button on the soundbar, play/resume audio using your mobile device and the Bose Music app, or talk to Alexa.
Note: You can still access Alexa or Google Assistant in Network Standby as long as it is set up using the Bose Music app and the microphone is turned on.
1 question already asked