About the NAD Masters Series M28
Seven channels of robust power
Seven channels of robust power
The NAD Masters Series M28 is a superior option for setting up a high-performance surround sound system. It produces 200 watts times seven channels, for your front left, right, and center speakers, plus four more surround and/or effects speakers. Now you can immerse yourself completely in movie dialogue, sound effects, and music. This 4-ohm-stable amplifier can handle even demanding, power-hungry speakers.
Innovative Class D amplifier technology
This amp pushes Class D amplification performance to new limits thanks to HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ technology. It helps the amp maintain even frequency response into lower impedance loads and minimizes the occurrence of digital clipping. This advanced design offers robust power output and accurate sound with minimal distortion, without the excess weight and cost associated with more traditional linear power supplies and Class AB output stages.
The M28 offers individual unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs for each channel, for making solid connections to a home theater preamp/processor like the NAD Master Series M17 V2i. There's 12-volt trigger input for remote turn-on, so your whole system can power up with a single click.
- 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.001% THD with all channels driven
- 340 watts into 4 ohms with all channels driven
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- innovative HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ technology offers pristine "analog-like" Class D amplification
- frequency response: 20-60,000 Hz (-3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB (balanced); 97 dB (unbalanced)
- standby mode engages after 30 minutes without input
- detachable power cord
- 7 balanced XLR inputs (one per channel)
- 7 unbalanced RCA preamp inputs
- speaker binding post outputs for all channels
- 12-volt trigger input
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-3/16"W x 6-1/2"H x 7-5/16"D
- weight: 46.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # M28
What's in the box:
- 7-Channel power amplifier
- 68" AC power cord
- 4 Magnetic feet
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
Customer reviews for NAD Masters Series M28
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD Masters Series M28
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||7|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||200|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||340|
|Bridged Power per Channel||0 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||7|
|Input Type||XLR, RCA|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Post|
Seven Channel Power Amplifier: The NAD Master Series M28 seven channel power amplifier can effortlessly create a truly realistic surround sound experience when mated to NAD's M17 V2i Surround Sound Preamp Processor (sold separately). Rated at 200W continuous power per channel, the M28 will provide over 340W dynamic power per channel with all channels driven into 8-ohms. The NAD M28 will pump out all the power you need into difficult loads (down to 4-ohm) to follow the complex dynamic peaks in your movies and music. The M28 has power reserves to meet the demands of the latest high-resolution digital movie and music soundtracks. The sonic character of the M28 only reinforces the story told by the numbers. The M28 is an amazingly powerful and transparent amplifier that delivers a new level of refinement, sonic character, and dynamics.
- Continuous Power Rating: @ 20-20k with all channels driven
- 8-Ohm: 200 watts
- 4-Ohm: 340 watts
- Dynamic Power Rating: @ 1kHz with one channel driven
- 8-Ohm: 280 watts
- 4-Ohm: 560 watts
Note: There is no bridged mode.
Purifi Hybird Digital Amplification: The Masters Series M28 uses Eigentakt amplifier technology, manufactured by NAD in license from Purifi. This new technology adds another level of precision by taking into account previously unknown effects of the output filter in the feedback loop and further refinement of the self-oscillating Class D technology as used by previous NAD Hybrid Digital designs. The result is a performance level that approaches the theoretical limit in measured performance, be it at whispering levels or at full power.
- Low-Impedance: In common with the previous generations of NAD Hybrid Digital technology, but unlike most class D amplifier designs, the M28 is impervious to the loudspeaker load it is presented with, maintaining the same wide and even bandwidth response regardless of the speaker's impedance and at the same time providing high current capability. The continuous 200W into 8 ohms on tap for all channels driven at the same time and 560W dynamic power into 4 ohms is testament to this.
- Stable Design: Inherent to the Eigentak technology is its very analog-like behaviour in the unlikely event the amplifier is driven into clipping. Whereas many class D designs can become unstable, Eigentakt behaves in a way similar to the benign way of clipping with instant recovery of well executed traditional class A/B amplifiers.
Balanced & Unbalanced Inputs: The NAD Master Series M28 can accept both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs. It features seven XLR inputs and seven RCA inputs. Balanced XLR connectivity is the same efficient audio interface used by studios to provide the highest level of signal integrity with the lowest noise floor. The Balanced XLR inputs allow long cable runs without noise pickup or signal loss; all you get is awesome sound without the possibility of noise pickup or interference.
Note: You can only make one type of connection (XLR or RCA) per input channel. There is a switch for each channel that allows you to choose between XLR or RCA.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Maste Series M28 power amplifier features high-quality, gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for speaker connection. These heavy-duty binding posts will accept bare wire (16-10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only). The gold-plated terminals provide optimum sound transmission and excellent resistance to corrosion. Only connect loudspeakers rated 8-ohm to 4-ohm.
12V Trigger In: The +12V Trigger input (3.5mm) allows the M28 to be switched remotely from standby mode to "On" and vice-versa by connected preamplifier, AV processor, etc. The controlling device must be equipped with a 12V trigger output (3.5mm) to use this feature.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The NAD Master Series M28 comes with a 68" detachable IEC 3-prong AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet, surge protector, or line conditioner.
Protect Mode: The NAD M28 will enter protect mode if it senses a short circuit or excessive heat build-up. The amplifier's front-mounted protection lights will turn on if the unit goes into protect. If the M28 goes into protect, you should immediately press the standby button, turn of the power switch, and unplug the AC power cord.
5 questions already asked