About the Bowers & Wilkins Flexible Series CWM362
Value-packed in-walls from Bowers & Wilkins
Value-packed in-walls from Bowers & Wilkins
The CWM362 is one of Bowers & Wilkins most affordable custom-install speakers, and frankly, I really like it. The same engineering team that designs the British hi-fi company's elite bookshelf and floor-standing models created this pair of value-packed in-walls. That means you get the benefit of five decades of top-level acoustics and design expertise, all without dropping a ton of coin on your new speakers.
Each CWM362 comes with a magnetic grille that you can paint to match your décor (grille shown partially cut away).
A look under the hood
Each CWM362 combines a 6" polypropylene woofer with a 1" soft dome tweeter. Together they deliver tight, punchy bass along with crystal-clear highs that will make your favorite music playlists or movies sound terrific.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grilles to have your speakers blend in with your décor.
- ideal for an in-wall music system, or as the front- or rear-channel speakers of a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system
- 6" polypropylene woofer
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- frequency response: 50-30,000 Hz (-6 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 10 to 80 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- cutout dimensions: 7-1/4"W x 11"H
- overall dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 12-1/2"H
- mounting depth: 3"
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # FP32319
What's in the box:
- 2 In-wall loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Paint masks
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall Mount Cut-Out Template
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Bowers & Wilkins Flexible Series CWM362
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Flexible Series CWM362
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-80|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM362 in-wall loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design featuring a 1" soft-dome tweeter and 6" polypropylene woofer with rubber surround for well balanced sound and wide-angle listening.
Spring-Clip Terminals: The B&W CWM362 in-wall loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-clip terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-clip terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors.
Magnetic & Paintable Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM362 includes easy-to-install magnetic grilles that are also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.25" from the wall.
In-Wall Installation: The B&W CWM362 requires a rectangular cutout and is secured in the wall via integrated "dog-ear" clamps that swing outward and then tighten with phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 7.25" (w) x 11.0" (h) x 3.0" (d). Make sure there is a least 1" of clearance around the cutout opening to allow the "dog-ear" clamps to swing outward and tighten. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 0.5" thick drywall.
Note: Before installing CWM3 Series in-wall speakers you should ensure that the wall locations chosen are free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the wall construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation locations.
Applications: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM3 Series in-wall loudspeakers are suited for distributed audio, 2-channel stereo, and multi-channel home theater applications. They are also particular suitable for use in humid environments, such as bathrooms.
- Distributed Audio: For applications where single CWM3 Series speakers are required to operate independently to provide background audio, they can be mounted as installation convenience and architecture dictate. The only acoustic constraint to bear in mind is that corner locations will result in significantly emphasized low frequencies and should be avoided.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CWM3 Series speakers is to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Home Theater: For applications where multiple CWM3 Series speakers are to be used for multi-channel home theater system, the left and right front speakers should be located either side of the screen approximately 20" away. The center channel speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen or, in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind. Surround channel CWM3 Series speakers should be located just behind and either side of the listening position.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-wall speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.