About the Paradigm MilleniaOne 1.0
A satellite that delights
A satellite that delights
Paradigm's compact MilleniaOne 1.0 satellite is a beautifully designed gem of a speaker that can serve multiple roles in your home system. You can pick up a pair of them for two-channel music listening and enjoy the realistic, natural sound they deliver. Or you could grab five of them have a killer home theater system. In either case, it'd be worthwhile picking up the complementary MilleniaSub to deliver low-end punch and round out your setup.
What makes music and movies come alive?
The MilleniaOne 1.0 uses an acoustically inert, heavy-duty die-cast aluminum enclosure to keep sound-muddying resonances at bay. The included low-diffraction grilles help to maximize the speaker's imaging while keeping the sound dispersion smooth and tailored.
Housed inside the enclosure is a 1" tweeter and a 4" mid/bass speaker, both made of Paradigm's famed S-PAL (Satin-anodized Pure Aluminum) material, which boasts lighter-than-usual weight and high rigidity. What that means is that the drivers are capable of reproducing accurate, detailed sound with a lifelike attack and decay. The satellite speaker dances to any tune you throw at it with precision, authority, and grace, and it reproduces explosions, thundering engines, and dialogue with the grit and gripping excitement your films deserve.
Partnered with Canada's National Research Center
Paradigm is partnered with Canada's largest federal research and development organization, the National Research Center (NRC). The two research the nature of sound and human hearing together, and their findings influence the design and performance of Paradigm's loudspeakers and subwoofers. The result is a uniquely realistic sound that's backed by ample scientific research.
- 1" S-PAL (Satin-anodized Pure Aluminum) tweeter
- 4" S-PAL mid/bass driver
- frequency response: 120-20,000 Hz (±2 dB)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS
- heavy duty die-cast aluminum enclosure with an integrated baffle
- included low-diffraction grille helps maximize imaging while keeping dispersion smooth
- can be placed horizontally or vertically on included stand
- included wall-mounting bracket for easy installation
- 4-1/2"W x 7-3/4"H x 5-3/4"D
- weight: 5.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # 1040000035
What's in the box:
- Satellite loudspeaker
- Tabletop stand
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration Card
Customer reviews for Paradigm MilleniaOne 1.0
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Paradigm MilleniaOne 1.0
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||S-PAL Aluminum|
|Frequency Response||120-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Bracket Included||Adjustable bracket|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||30-32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2-Way Satellite Loudspeaker: The Paradigm Millenia One satellite loudspeaker utilizes a 2-way driver design, featuring a 1" S-PAL dome tweeter and 4" S-PAL cone woofer. S-PAL (satin-anodized pure aluminum) offers a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio, plus outstanding internal damping for exceptional high-frequency detail and remarkable midrange clarity without unwanted resonances and distortion.
- The Millenia One satellite loudspeaker has an an overall frequency response of 120Hz to 20,000Hz (+/-2dB), so a powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) is highly recommended.
- If your AV receiver features bass management, make sure to set the Millenia One satellite loudspeaker to "Small".
Die-Cast Aluminum Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Paradigm Millenia One satellite loudspeaker features a die-cast aluminum enclosure with an integrated baffle and chassis for exceptional rigidity. The enclosure uses a bass reflex design with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and smoother midbass response. The included low-diffraction grille maximize imaging and ensures smooth audio dispersion.
Spring Post Terminals: The Paradigm Millenia One satellite loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-post terminals that will accept bare wire up to 12AWG. Because of the design and layout of the spring-post terminals, they will not work with pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Mounting Options: The Paradigm Millenia One satellite loudspeaker includes a tabletop stand and wall-bracket. The tabletop stand and wall-bracket allow you to mount the speaker vertically or horizontally. The tabletop stand and bracket also allows you to tilt the speaker up or down slightly, as well as swivel the speaker slightly left or right so that sound reaches the listening area optimally.
- Speaker With Table Stand Dimensions: can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Veritcal: 4.5625" (w) x 8.375" (h) x 6.8125" (d)
- Horizontal: 7.6875" (w) x 6.0625" (h) x 6.8125" (d)
- Speaker With Wall-Bracket Dimensions: can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Vertical: 4.5625" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 7.125" (d)
- Horizontal: 7.6875" (w) x 4.5625" (h) x 7.125" (d)
- The Millenia One satellite loudspeaker has to be used with either the tabletop stand or wall-bracket installed. Because of its curved cabinet design, the speaker cannot be mounted on a flat surface without the tabletop stand. The speaker is not designed to work with any other 3rd party wall-bracket.
- Mounting screws for the wall bracket are not included and sold separately (available at your local hardware store).
Applications: The Paradigm Millenia One satellite loudspeaker can be used in 2ch stereo music application or in a multichannel home theater setup as front, center, and/or rear channels.
- Stereo & Front Placement: For the most accurate timbral balance, place a pair of Millenia One satellite loudspeakers so the their tweeters (high-frequency drivers) point toward the listening area and sound arrives at approximately ear level.
- Center Speaker Placement: Place the center speaker above or below the TV, whichever position brings the sound closest to ear level. The center-channel should sit about the same distance away from the main listening area as the front speakers.
- Rear Speaker Placement: A surround speaker, place a pair of Millenia One speakers directly to side (90-degrees) of the main listening position or slightly behind (110-degrees) the main listening position. For the most realistic surround sound, position the speakers well away from the listening area.
Millenia Series: The Millenia Series offers sophisticated state-of-the-art Paradigm speaker technology wrapped in a sleek cabinet design to complement today's flat-panel televisions. Paradigm's Millenia Series consists of one satellite loudspeaker (Millenia One), two LCR loudspeakers (LP 2 / LP XL), one soundbar speaker (LP Trio), and a compact powered subwoofer (Millenia Sub)- all sold separately.
NRC Partnership: Paradigm is partnered with Canada's world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
3 questions already asked