The Crutchfield 4K video streaming checklist
Get peak performance from your new TV
A new 4K TV arrives ready to display Ultra HD content via online apps. But there are a few other things you need before you can enjoy a beautiful 4K picture, without annoying glitches.
- Sign up for a high-speed internet plan. We recommend a minimum of 20 Mbps (megabits per second) — more if possible.
- Make sure your content streaming app (Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.) is 4K-compatible. Some providers have limited 4K content, or may require additional hardware or an upgraded subscription.
- Optimize your TV’s picture settings for the best performance in your room. Switching from the factory default settings can give you a much more natural, lifelike picture. To learn more, read our expert tips.
- Make a wired connection — an Ethernet cable directly from your router to your TV or streaming device — for maximum speed and stability.
- Choose a new router with advanced options. Features like device priority and airtime fairness help prevent buffering and slow load times.
- Consider creating a mesh network for strong, fast Wi-Fi in every room. It's an expandable multi-piece router system that seamlessly expands wireless coverage over a larger area.
We can help
This checklist should help you get what you're paying for when you buy a new 4K Ultra HD TV. If you want to know even more, read about what you need for 4K TV.
If you're shopping right now, get in touch with one of our knowledgeable Advisors. If you want help optimizing a TV you already bought from us, don't forget that free lifetime tech support is included with every Crutchfield purchase.